Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

The winner of this terrible bunch faces me in the final, correct? 

Holy s**t! Look who’s back 😁

2018 Vibe Premier League

JREL77Q.jpg

It feels like it was only yesterday that I revealed this semi final challenge to the world but after another gruelling week of competition I find myself here today typing out the result and revealing who will be making it to the grand finals! 

The semi final challenge which was co created by @NucleusNT involved the challengers embracing their inner mascot as they had to field a Panda, a Bunny, a Fox and of course a cat from a list of clubs with said mascot, they also had a free choice of club from Turkey to play as. Personally I'm a fan of challenges with such freedom as it gives you a real look at the competitors as they have to decide which squad to use and which players to sign. It's true a more restrictive challenge usually involves more difficulty but with these types of challenges you get a better look at the person attempting it. 

With so many options available to the competitors I feel we should investigate how they decided to attempt the challenge before we jump into their final scores. 

The Club Choice 

@PriZe - Besiktas
@Foxy - Fenerbahce 

@samhardy - Galatasaray 
@Taff - Galatasaray

The first decision our semi finalists had to make is extremely intriguing as in the first fixture Prize and Foxy went with unique picks while Sam and Taff will be battling it out as the same club! 

The Player Picks

Prize - Jeremain Lens (Sunderland), Thiago Neves (Cruzeiro), Funso Ojo (Scunthorpe), Adam Eckersley (St Mirren) = £8million. 

Foxy - Nedum Onuoha (QPR), Thiago Neves (Cruzeiro), Hakeeb Adelakun (Scunthorpe), Myles Hippolyte (St Mirren) - £8million.

They have different clubs but both players spent the same amount of money on their chosen four with Thiago Neves being the only player chosen by both managers! 

Samhardy - Lynden Gooch (Sunderland), Shinji Okazaki (Leicester), Lee Novak (Scunthorpe), Cammy Smith (St Mirren) - £15.25m.

Taff - Fabio Borini (Sunderland), Florian Niederlechner (Freiburg), Funso Ojo (Scunthorpe), Myles Hippolyte (St Mirren) - £32million.

The cash was really splashed in our second fixture as Taff went all out on his chosen four spending basically all of his budget with Borini and Florian costing a cool £15 million each! Sam however was tighter with his purse strings as his four targets cost slightly more than Taff's single two big buys. 

Before we progress I want to discuss Prize and Taff buying players loaned out of Sunderland. While it's sneaky due to the wording of the challenge this type of purchase is fine as I said they had to be owned by a listed club which Borini and Lens are. On the transfer screen they are listed as signed from Sunderland thus legit for this challenge, I actually say fair play to both competitors for using my wording against me and capitalising on something I should have anticipated. I've always said these challenges start at the reveal and finding any way to get an advantage is half the fun. 

The Semi Final
Results

We've looked at how our semi finalists prepared for this encounter but let's crack on with the reveal and see who's made it to the sites first Vibe Premier League Final! You can feel the tension! 

Fixture One
Prize Vs Foxy 

The Mascot AvRs!

Prize
Jeremain Lens - 7.71 
Thiago Neves - 7.60 
Funso Ojo - 7.27 
Adam Eckersley - 6.46
Total - 29.04

Adam Eckersley suffers a massive injury hampering his average rating as he's only able to play 13 fixtures of the season. Lens was Prize's best mascot with his 10 goals and 17 assists giving him an impressive rating of 7.71 

Foxy
Nedum Onuoha - 7.20
Thiago Neves - 7.46
Hakeeb Adelakun - 7.49
Myles Hippolyte - 7.45
Total - 29.6

After the battle of the mascots Foxy comes out in the lead! Prize may have got more out of Thiago Neves but as a unit Foxy has his nose in front with Myles Hippolyte (24 goals, 13 assists) and Hakeeb Adelakun (15 goals, 15 assists) having spectacular seasons! 

It all comes down to league form! Can Foxy hold onto his slender lead or will the Dutchman come roaring back? Let's find out! 

League Points

Prize - 98
Foxy - 81

Goal Difference

Prize - 60
Foxy - 38

Prize proves he means business as he only goes and pulls off an undefeated season! Unfortunately for the Dutchman perfection wasn't an option as his side picked up two draws along the way however. Foxy was also frustratingly close to the undefeated season feat as his side only lost once in the league during the year, however his nine draws give Prize the advantage he truly needed. 

Final Scores

Prize - 187.04
Foxy - 148.6

Prize takes the round with 38 points to spare but Foxy can hold his head up high as at the split he was leading the way! I'm sure even our panda was twitching as he scrolled down the reveal! Under the previous format of this competition Foxy could have snatched a draw if I was giving one point/goal per part of this challenge which in my opinion is something to hang your hat on! Anyway....

Welcome to the final Prize but who will be your opponent? Let's jump into the second fixture! 

Fixture Two
Samhardy Vs Taff

The Mascot AvR 

Samhardy
Lynden Gooch - 7.57
Shinji Okazaki - 8.64
Lee Novak - 8.23
Cammy Smith - 7.72
Total - 32.16

Sam's investment in Premier League talent seems to have paid off as Shinji Okazaki was a sensational fox in the box scoring an impressive 45 goals while claiming 18 assists! Lee Novak also had a career defining season as the former Scunthorpe man netted 17 times while also laying off his team mates 8 times. 

Taff
Fabio Borini - 7.89
Florian Niederlechner - 8.10
Funso Ojo - 7.13
Myles Hippolyte - 7.03
Total - 30.15

I'll be honest and say outright Taff has been extremely hard done by here! The Welshman went big into Borini and Florian who couldn't have done much more for their manager as Borini scored 41 claiming 29 assists while Florian scored 48 with 20 assists! Both spectacular seasons but a few too many lesser performances sees their AvRs rank lower than what Sam's lads achieved! It's the way it goes some times but in my opinion Taff has been unlucky in this section of the round. 

There is still plenty to play for however so hopefully for Taff his goal filled displays will see him do well in the league! 

League Points

Samhardy - 90
Taff - 84

Goal Difference

Samhardy - 66
Taff - 55

Sam claims the clean sweep and enters the final against Prize!! However what an effort by Taff who just fell short! Both managers lost twice during the season but Taff picked up four extra draws that sealed the deal, if he had a tad more luck in those matches he could have done enough to swing it in his favour. 

Final Scores
Samhardy - 188.16
Taff - 169.15

earS7Qs.jpg

All Competitors Scores

Samhardy - 188.16
Prize - 187.04
Taff - 169.15
Foxy - 148.6

What a round it would have been if we saw Sam and Prize clash this round! Sam would have won by 1.12 points! Wowzer! When the scores came in I knew they were in the same ball park but I couldn't believe how close they were once I checked! Basically 1 point! All this means is we're in for a killer final!

What Next?

I'm going to give our finalists a few days rest as I need to discuss my plans with them for the final challenge. I also need to know if @Foxy and @Taff want to meet in a third place play off so I can organise the challenge if needed. After all that the semi finals are over with the finals starting shortly! Congratulations to @PriZe and @samhardy

Excellent write up @Ashez and a great challenge divised by you and @NucleusNT

Congratulations to @PriZe and @samhardyon making the final and what an event that will be! I just can't call a winner.

Excellent score as well @Taff but neither of us had enough to beat vibes two in form players.

I was glad to see my four lads out scored PriZe as they did great for me especially Hippolyte and Adelakun and if I had put Hippolyte up front a little earlier in the challenge I may have drawn less games with his goals.

Nice. Pleased with that as I thought mine could have gone a lot better after a blistering start. Unlucky @Taff another great match. Looking forward to the final and adding another trophy to the collection :D

Can't say I'm surprised but it was a great challenge from @Ashez and @NucleusNT 

Congrats to @samhardy and @PriZe should be one hell of a final

@Foxy unlucky as well mate your players had a blistering season, but these are two amazing managers and there always going to be hard to beat

I'll leave it up to the Fox if he fancies a 3/4th play off game as I'm easy either way

Cheers guys and good luck to the Cat and the Panda in the Final

The planning is underway as I've decided what I want to do, if the questions I've asked today privately are answered without issue the Vibe Premier League Final should be starting tomorrow! 

46 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The planning is underway as I've decided what I want to do, if the questions I've asked today privately are answered without issue the Vibe Premier League Final should be starting tomorrow! 

:trophy: 🎉

On 29/04/2018 at 10:49, BatiGoal said:

The winner of this terrible bunch faces me in the final, correct? 

Just seen this. One off posts are nice @BatiGoal but come on vibe wants you back properly. Those challenges don't fail themselves.

2018 Vibe Premier League

earS7Qs.jpg

Today I welcome the entire community to the first ever Vibe Premier League Final where Prize and Samhardy will face off for that all important trophy! Both managers have history in Vibe competitions and both are regarded as some of the best FMM players the site has ever seen so this is guaranteed to be a classic! 

Unfortunately but understandably only one final will be taking place however as @Foxy and Taff both declined the opportunity for a third place play off with Foxy kindly gifting Taff third place due to the Welshman's victory in the previous round. Congratulations @Taff

The Final

When it came to creating a final for this event I wasn't sure how to handle it as I wanted to stay away from something that could be seen as a typical Challenge Cup final. This event has thrived due to its unique format and I wanted to stick within those guidelines while attempting to stay interesting and unique. With that in mind let's take a look at the challenge our finalists will be playing! 

The Challenge

In this final challenge Prize and Sam will be facing off across 40 matches, on 4 different saves and as 4 unique clubs! Our managers will have 10 matches with each of the selected clubs to do the best they can to get their hands on those bragging rights! The total league points of all the saves will be tallied and presented as their final score, there will also be no bonus points or side challenges within these saves. Admittedly this again hits the difficulty somewhat but this challenge is already asking a lot so I wanted to remove any potential prep time wasting on the start of 4 fresh saves. Hey, it's good to go back to basics now and then right! 

I'll also be changing up the format to give this final the attention it deserves as I'll be doing a half time update! That's right this final has been split into two stages with a results show happening at the end of both! Will this half time update be a demoralizing blow or the inspiration our competitors need? Only time will tell! The first two clubs will be revealed today while the second two clubs will be revealed in the half time update. 

The First Two Clubs

1. Bangor City 

Bangor City will be the first destination for our finalists as they will be using the Welsh side for potentially the last time! The club have recently ran into difficult times as they have been forcefully relegated from the top flight due to losing their licence! This means the club will likely be leaving FMM in 2019 so why not give them their time in the sun with Prize and Sam managing them! Extra reading - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43908796

2. RC Lens

RC Lens were a handy side in the late 90's and early 2000's as they claimed the Ligue 1 title and reached the semi final of the UEFA Cup among other achievements. However in more recent times the club has struggled and found themselves in the second division where they currently sit in 16th place! Let's hope Vibe's own tactical geniuses can give the French fans 10 games of joy during this challenge! 

Rules
1. No transfers allowed at all. 
2. You play the first ten league games.
3. Your score will be the league points collected from these 20 matches. 
4. Images required - Transfer screen, Manager profile and league table after 10 matches.

5. All the usually rules for these events

Deadline

Sunday 6th May at 23.59

Once again I'd like to thank @NucleusNT for his help and involvement with creating this challenge! The last thing for me to do is wish luck to both @samhardy and @PriZe

Interesting choice of clubs for a simple but effective challenge. Good luck to both @samhardy and @PriZe. I think this is going to a really tight final but I'm going to stick my neck out and say the Dutchman will have a lead but only by a point or two at half time.

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Interesting choice of clubs for a simple but effective challenge. Good luck to both @samhardy and @PriZe. I think this is going to a really tight final but I'm going to stick my neck out and say the Dutchman will have a lead but only by a point or two at half time.

Club choice were made by @NucleusNTso the credit goes to him! I thought they were interesting and balanced options so i decided to use them :). 

The reason keeping it basic appealed to me is because i think it will help keep the scores tight, or if there is a clear winner it'll be less luck based like signing the ideal target or whatever. Like last round things were tight in the AvR stages between the four of you as it was basically the league form that won Sam and Prize their ties. Sam's one point victory could also be due to the injury Prize had to deal with as if his player got 7+ it would have been even tighter  

2 hours ago, Titjes said:

Good luck @PriZe & @samhardy, this will be a great final ;)

Very nice challenge guys :)

Cheers

55 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Nice! Good luck @samhardy

I've heard you had an excellent start 😆

Just read through this and Wow this is so predictable reminds me of the bundesliga, @PriZe do you ever lose a game so many undefeated seasons though out this.

Edited by Mikee1984