Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

He is delusional as always :S it's that Thai heat... 

? i spent 14 days in Pataya...the humidity was unbareable! Great holiday though.

7 minutes ago, Acidsparxx said:

This is going to be crazy! Cant wait.

I will be happy if im just in touching distance of @BatiGoal 's score....as long as i haven't been thrashed! ?

@BatiGoal does love it when people are within touching distance but that's a story for another day ;)

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Results will be up around 4PM this afternoon

Apologies as well everyone. 

Sam's still calculating my gigantic score so needless to say there's a bit of a delay :D

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

Apologies as well everyone. 

Sam's still calculating my gigantic score so needless to say there's a bit of a delay :D

Hes still trying to work out how you didmt hit double figures

58 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm considering to disappear for a week if the score isn't to my liking :laugh:

I would pay for that

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, Titjes said:

I'm hoping fot the same against @PriZe :P 

I just hope i won:laugh:

2018 Vibe Premier League - Week 1 (Results)

A unique challenge swept across vibe for the first week of this event. Thankfully it seemed like everyone enjoyed it. But was it easy? Hard? Did the big hitters hit their A game? Did the newcomers get off to the dream start? Were there any surprises? Who was manager of the week? All questions we're about to find out the answers to.

As expected, everyone went for Toronto (except me :O) a few went for the same striker too!

Mr.Manager v FuddledFox

Spoiler

What a great looking match to kick things off in week one. 9th vs 12th in the vibe rankings suggest this will be a tight one and all three results definitely possible.

Mr.M had a great domestic run taking home the prestigious MLS cup, and picked up a solid 44 goals with his choice of striker Sebastian Giovinco. Foxy also went for the Italian up top, and scored 41 goals with him. As expected it's looking close. Over to the states we go! (Excuse the pun)

Vibe's resident fox picked up a whopping 203 points from the braces. Mr.M crossed off a decent amount of states but missed out on the big scoring ones costing him a good amount of points. It was 11 states to 8 and that was what counted in the end as Foxy takes the win with an impressive score in the opening week.

Result - Mr.Manager 1-3 FuddledFox

Real_Random v kts365

Spoiler

Another belter on paper with 5th vs 6th in the rankings. Both great players but will RR's big tournament experience count for anything here?

RR was another manager to go for Giovinco whilst kts purchased Paul Onuachu to play up front. kts comfortably won the title whilst RR finished 2nd but that's not what matters here!

43 goals for Onuachu. A whopping 66 for Giovinco. Oh my! The Australian takes the lead heading into the braces points. 174 for RR which means kts needs a huge number to take the points here. 142 is the total. RR gets the win but two good scores in this fantastic match-up.

Result - Real_Random 3-2 kts365

Acidsparxx v BatiGoal

Spoiler

A lot of mind games occurred in this clash with the enigma that is BatiGoal being extremely vocal throughout. Let's be honest the majority of vibe hope he flops here.

He did. He was absolutely hopeless. Clearly the pressure of being the "best manager on vibe" is too much for the overrated Dutchman. He only picked up points for 5 states whilst his striker Giovinco (surprise) scored a fair 45.

Thankfully for BG there was a nightmare going on in the potteries too. Acid's striker Rescaldini picked up 39 goals but there was simply not enough braces going on. For either player.

It turned out to be a rather dull affair and sadly as the lowest scorer in the round Acidsparxx is deducted a point from the table, essentially losing the point from this draw.

Result - Acidsparxx 0-0 BatiGoal

PriZe v Titjes

Spoiler

There's no doubting that the Albanian panda started as the favourite for this one whilst Titjes would have to pull out an outstanding performance to stand any chance whatsoever.

PriZe deserves disqualification for choosing Jozy Altidore as striker whilst Titjes went for the ever-popular Sebastian Giovinco. 48 goals for Dozy. 44 for Giovinco. Close stuff really which serves as real encouragement for the Belgian.

You get the feeling there's a lot more to come from these two managers and this was a bit of a scrappy match but when it came to the states the experience of the panda pulled him through. He took 184 state points to his opponent's 120 but this game was a lot closer than expected.

Not PriZe's best game but the 3 points are all that matters.

Result - PriZe 2-1 Titjes

samhardy v Taff

Spoiler

This was expected to be the match of the week and it didn't disappoint turning into a thunderous battle. I was the only person to go outside of Toronto choosing Vancouver Whitecaps in the hope of having more opportunities to get braces for points in the bigger states and as a @MerlionMaple96 tribute :P

The chosen strikers were Sebastian Giovinco and Fredy Montero. This was a fantastic match-up with both managers having the highest two scores of the round. Taff's states picked up a total of 185 points whilst mine totalled 195.

Montero scored 50 goals which I was confident was going to be enough but then Taff came in with 61 for Giovinco pipping me by one point!

The match ends a draw but it's Taff picking up the manager of the week and picking up the bonus point in the league.

Result - samhardy 4-4 Taff

Here's the scorelist in full. Very tight between the top few!

Spoiler

Taff - 246
samhardy - 245
FuddledFox - 244
Real_Random - 240
PriZe - 234
kts365 - 185
Titjes - 164
Mr.Manager - 158
BatiGoal - 150
Acidsparxx - 111

And let's have a look at what those results have done to the week 1 table!

league table week1.png

Building things up, boys, I'll make sure to peak when it matters :)

Serious note, I did struggle to get Giovinco firing, tho 45gls is decent, but the braces weren't against the "big states" unfortunately. An off day is all that it is, gameweek 2 will be my week ;)

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

I know it's only week 1 and it's a marathon not a sprint and blah blah blah but hell I'm top of the league and I'm well chuffed :)

You should get a tshirt???

On 8-2-2018 at 14:24, PriZe said:

Yikes @Taff heavy fixture first week :O 

My prediction of @BatiGoal participation

week 1: i am a f*cking legend fam! 

Week 2: pfff f*cking challenge and Betty her perioded

week 3: What the... gg Real.. i blame the challege

week 4: Hacks i tell you Hacks!!! 

Week 5: ok ok... i've come to realize i'm just shit at this game outside of my own challenges

Ok so based on the results i am forced to change my prediction about @BatiGoal

Week 1: Shit... i am in danger of being exposed

Week 2: PriZe is cheating, reloading, in game editing

Week 3: I think i'll be moving on to Fmmobile...

Week 4: bye bye bati

????

57 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Points difference between the top 4 is ridiculous. Checked those 4 scores roughly 1 million times :P

Anychance you can recheck mine? ?

Looking forward to the next challenge and maybe some better luck.

Excellent work my friend.