Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Strikers' Striker with BG

BatiGoal

Hello again peeps.. time for a fresh career and a brandnew challenge that no one on Vibe has ever attempted. It's one of my own that was created late last year just after FMM18's release.

I present you the challenge..

The Strikers' Striker Challenge

- Strikers' Striker Challenge -

In this career I'm going to attempt to score at least 50 goals with players across all English divisions, from the Championship all the way down to the dark Vanarama depths. That's a massive drop in the tier system and with that of course a massive drop in the quality of eligible players as well, strikers in this case, that I'm going to be dealing with in the next 5 (or more) seasons. There's rules I need to abide by and objectives I need to meet, click above blue link for full details, but in short it's going to come down to the following:

Pick an EPL team and..

1. Stage One - score 50+ EPL goals with a Championship player
  2. Stage Two - score 50+ EPL goals with a League One player
  3. Stage Three - score 50+ EPL goals with a League Two player
  4. Stage Four - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama National player
  5. Stage Five - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama North/South player

Sounds easy, right? No, it totally doesn't, I know and they're EPL goals only so it's a huge task we're demanding from our lower-league strikers. But as explained in the OP of the challenge, we don't necessarily need to complete all stages to earn a leaderboard mention. I'm just going to try and get as far as I possibly can. If I fail a certain stage multiple times I'll throw in the towel, make peace with the points I've collected till that point (incl. failed stage) and let another Viber give it his best shot :)

I present you the team..

rrNT8WB.png

The strikers I'm going to be playing up front are worsening gradually as we progress in this career. Less talented thus slower movement, worse decisions, lower jumps, less strong in physical battles, probably more naggy about training regimes too, more inaccurate shooting, and many more that I'm afraid to acknowledge at this early stage. Upside might be that as my playable strikers are weakening my squad gets stronger so it's not all doom and gloom for our strikers' striker. One thing's for certain, it's vital to have some of the best providers the game has to offer on our side to stand a chance to complete this challenge. I've chosen Spurs because of the quality of providers already at the club. Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen, Erik Lamela, Heung-Min Son, Harry Kane among others and of course the other quality lads that make for one of the best squads in the land. Man City is probably a better shout for this madness but as a Man Utd fan I flat out refuse to guide the citizens to success they've never dreamed of. So with these players in the team I believe we can bring the best out of even the worst strikers in the game. But I'm hoping for your support along the way for that final push.

Thanks for reading and see you soon with the first update.

Stage One - The Championship Player

coming up..

Thanks Mr. Fox, I'm trying to come across as confident as ever. 

Spoiler

But the start's been much bumpier than I dared dreaming of :'( just don't tell anyone. 

Thanks @Titjes going to need it. I've got my eyes on a couple decent Vanarama players already but chances are they're scooped up or promoted by the time I get to those stages. I must say that also why I'm excited about this career, not knowing the pool of available players 4-5 years in. 

Just now, BatiGoal said:

Thanks @Titjes going to need it. I've got my eyes on a couple decent Vanarama players already but chances are they're scooped up or promoted by the time I get to those stages. I must say that also why I'm excited about this career, not knowing the pool of available players 4-5 years in. 

Maybe you get lucky and find the next Messi or Ronaldo in the lower leagues :P 

Looking forward to this one. Have to make a prediction of course, going with the Championship striker reaching 46 goals in April, underestimates an icy patch at Stoke away, slipped disc and out for the season. Fail at the first hurdle.

3 hours ago, Acidsparxx said:

I love this...after my Ceni challenge i might join in on this one!

Just up my crazy street ?

In the meantime I'll try to put up a decent score for you to chase :)

I've looked at this a few times but I was always turned off by the need of lucky regens for the last few stages. Due to that though you've instantly got my attention yet again Mr Gol

Excited for this :D I can’t see how you can get a league one striker to score 50 league goals though ;)

Edited by NucleusNT
5 hours ago, Ashez said:

I've looked at this a few times but I was always turned off by the need of lucky regens for the last few stages. Due to that though you've instantly got my attention yet again Mr Gol

If you're looking for drama then you've certainly come to the right place ;)

3 hours ago, NucleusNT said:

Excited for this :D I can’t see how you can get a league one striker to score 50 league goals though ;)

Neither can I, which is why I'm happy enough if I make thru stage one for a leaderboard mention :D

54 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

Good Luck you will need it as Vanarama League awaits to be your pit of misery but you might find a decent gem here or there.. 

Thanks. I understand that stages 4 and 5 are going to be very very tough and honestly, no problem if I fail to cross the finishline on this one. It'll be an interesting experience nonetheless I'm sure. And hopefully an interesting read too :)

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Hopefully you can get fifty penalties in your last season, as that’s potentially what it’ll take, lol

Hope I don't jinx things with this next comment.. 

I've always been very ambitious especially when FMM concerned - way more important than life, duh - but keeping things realistic and say that making it to the last stage is my ultimate (kinda) goal here. Couldn't care less about any embarrassment beyond stage 4 tbh and probably wouldn't even mind spending 25 season failing to score 50+ with Vanarama players :laugh: my kinda fun! 

5 hours ago, PriZe said:

What a elegant hidden gem! Good luck to all the strikers that will have their dreams demolishe due to your mis management :P

Thanks mate. You're right I'm afraid. I can't make them better footballers but I can part them from the financial woes :)

4 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

Sounds like a wicked idea I will defo be following this!

Thanks mate. Would be nice to see others follow suit but gotta be honest here, it's a tough one. 

The Strikers' Striker Challenge

- Strikers' Striker Challenge -

Stage One - Championship Player - 1st attempt

DYiatlh.png

There were a few guys I had my eyes on but this Bristol City lad with his 17 shooting won me over.

P4H4MPl.png

And with a couple weeks training he improved quite well in the main areas. Tho it didn't take long to hate my training regime :)

IqAmKXD.png

Hattrick!

0JvgBsJ.png

Yes, another one!

eiUpBgS.png

This right here is the difference. Fortunately the injury was nothing but Famara had to come off and be replaced by Son. Son proved there's nothing wrong with the tactic and underlined the massive difference between an EPL and a Championship player scoring x6!! Famara only produced 2 hattricks but plenty of braces tbf.

Mid-Challenge

Us4jw9N.png

Being honest..much uglier than I expected. Was hoping to be near 40 but instead we're just.. just ahead of schedule. We're exactly halfway having played 19 EPL games and we're on 26/50. It's poor.

February

YlGrzI0.png

Pretty good adding 7 goals in the league. 33/50

MeNFxwS.png

Whopping result with a Famara brace.

March

L6zAmIe.png

+6 EPL goals but we're starting to run out of time. 39/50

April

pk8N6bw.png

Only +4? Famara is out of form and stage one is already proving a lot harder than I feared. Still confident for this stage tbh but if we're already struggling what can we expect next season with a worse striker??? 43/50

May

7G38qex.png

Phew.. thankfully Famara produced but I'm not at all happy about our season. 49/50

h3mRoBm.png

Yes, it's a fact. We have completed stage one. But it was tough. 51/50

June

E20Y5ys.png

Confirmation of Famara's EPL goals. He ends on 53/50 which is enough to unlock stage two. Tho I have to say any confidence I had to complete this entire challenge is long gone.

EPL Goals

obCnswn.png

In all he played 49 games which wasn't exactly my plan at the start of the season. He only needs to produce goals in the EPL so the plan was to rest him in all Cup games, but things worked out differently due to squad injuries. Of course dropping him is to give him extra rest inbetween games but also to avoid risking injuries. Big positive is he played all league games otherwise it looks like he'd have missed to 50-goal target. Another big positive is that our squad is looking much stronger already with the additions of Fabinho, Keane, vd.Beek and Ziyech.

So the big question is yes we're playing a worse striker upfront next season, a League One striker, but will our much stronger starting 11, I mean 10.. make the difference for us and pull us through to the next stage? I may need a couple tactic tweaks too but I'd better start exploring the market for a decent stage two player or I risk becoming a Vibe's laughingstock. :O wish me luck!

1. Stage One - score 50+ EPL goals with a Championship player (53 goals)
  2. Stage Two - score 50+ EPL goals with a League One player (in progress..)
  3. Stage Three - score 50+ EPL goals with a League Two player *LOCKED*
  4. Stage Four - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama National player *LOCKED*
  5. Stage Five - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama North/South player *LOCKED*

Stage Two - League One Player - 1st attempt

coming up..

15 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks mate. Would be nice to see others follow suit but gotta be honest here, it's a tough one. 

Ive got 4 saves on the go atm. Feel like Im cheating on them by playing the other. Oh the drama! ?