Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Strikers' Striker with BG

BatiGoal

8 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

Ive got 4 saves on the go atm. Feel like Im cheating on them by playing the other. Oh the drama! ?

No available slot for a 5th is there lol

4 hours ago, Titjes said:

Good first season @BatiGoal,but it will only get harder :D 

Thanks, if things made sense yes, but FMM doesn't always so could be a breeze from here onwards :)

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Bet you were sweating towards the end :P

I played the last handful of league games in the company of no one due to "excessive" cheering :laugh:

The Strikers' Striker Challenge

- Strikers' Striker Challenge -

Stage Two - League One Player - 1st attempt

7qV0jPr.png

I was really fearing this stage when I turned down player after player after player.. until I came across this lad.

lQR3dkd.png

He looks a lot better than I expected from a Sheffield Utd player. Bye bye League One, welcome EPL. Ched and I are ready!!

zkVZxAe.png

Fantastic start whooping city 6-2 with a brace.

wD6Jito.png

Another brace and we're rolling towards the 50 goals.

0lIl9xb.png

Oh yes! By far Ched's very best performance this season. 5 goals. He's on fire!

Mid-Challenge

rNqgdRP.png

31/50 after 19 games. Another 19 to go and we're already doing much better than our Championship player at this point. By 5 goals to be exact.

February

vYsZXPC.png

Add another 4 to that total and we're on 35/50. We're well ahead of schedule but need to stay injury free.

lFNwUbR.png

This Ched hattrick restored any confidence I had lost after last year's 50-goal struggle. This is looking really good.

March

kFjsjg2.png

Delighted with +5 gls. With March-April-May ahead of us we're doing fine on 40/50.

April

Wcujjtt.png

Again 5 gls to Ched brings us on 45/50. With 8 games left to be played I'm very confident in getting the remaining 5 for 50.

3WX0ZR1.png

Yes! This brace seals it and we've made it. Absolutely delighted with Ched's performance.

May

VkbFDIy.png

50/50 We've done it!!

Fen1ewC.png

And one final brace to finish things off. What a player!

EPL Goals

ZDbf1P6.png

There's the final tally. We scored 55/50.

This season went a lot better than season one in terms of rest inbetween games. He played 39 games opposed to our Championship player's 49. He also missed one EPL game due to my stupidity, instead of resting him for Cup games I somehow mixed things up and played him in a Cup and rested him for the league ffs lol, so we could've been on more goals perhaps, but we've unlocked stage three and that's all that matters really. So he played 39 games only this season which could explain why he scored better overall. Another factor(s) might be being happy with his training regime, unlike unhappy Famara in season one + having a stronger team supporting him. So despite playing a "worse" player we had a better campaign due to (a combination of) those factors. In any case, we've made it and I've come to love this League One player Ched Evans. Solid solid dude!! If I ever get a chance to play him again in a different career I will. Highly recommended!

Things are getting really interesting from here on.. it's Stage Three unlocked and we're off to exploring the market for League Two players. It's no surprise that the quality has taken another massive hit and at this point I'm really struggling to find decent players for this challenge. But the target remains 50 EPL goals so I need to make sure to give this guy a worldclass team in a proven tactical set up to give him every chance of succeeding or we're toast. It's going to be tough but we're adamant to get 50. No matter how many attempts :)

Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

1. Stage One - score 50+ EPL goals with a Championship player (53 goals)
  2. Stage Two - score 50+ EPL goals with a League One player (55 goals)
  3. Stage Three - score 50+ EPL goals with a League Two player (in progress..)
  4. Stage Four - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama National player *LOCKED*
  5. Stage Five - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama North/South player *LOCKED*

Stage Three - League Two Player - 1st attempt

coming up..

31 minutes ago, Titjes said:

good season mate ;) Even got 2 goals more this eason :D 

Thanks. I think my Championship player in stage one, Famara, underperformed tbh. Not entirely sure why, but I think it's probably due to building the team.

30 minutes ago, PriZe said:

All the right goods to deliver and he did! Nice one :)

Used a narrow or winger focussed tactic?

APs on the flanks. Son and Ziyech, with Ts Alli and Eriksen behind the striker. 176 assists over the past 2 seasons for these 4 providers. It's an experiment that didn't really click in stage one but works much better with improved players in stage two.

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nicely done BG, I remember liking Evans back in the PSP days so it's good to see he's still decent. 

Thanks. He's a fair bit better than his short-list followers. He could be a Championship player tbf.

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Guess you went off him a bit in recent years though.

Would've picked a different dude if I knew, shame, anyway quickly on to League Two and I promise to run a backgroundcheck on my next picks ;)

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

APs on the flanks. Son and Ziyech, with Ts Alli and Eriksen behind the striker.

So they don't all just end up on the same spot of the pitch at the same time and get in each others way?

3 hours ago, PriZe said:

Wtf you mean apm Treq Treq apm behind the striker? :O 

Yes :laugh: failed in stage one, where I mostly went with W-AM-AP-W but with better players it works. All 4 get between 7.5 to 8 AvR. 

1 hour ago, Kingsolop said:

Nice going mate

Looking forward to see which League Two player you'll use

Thanks. All I need is just one gem or forgotten talent to bring it home. 

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

So they don't all just end up on the same spot of the pitch at the same time and get in each others way?

Nope. If they're class enough the know when to run forward and when to keep position. 

The Strikers' Striker Challenge

- Strikers' Striker Challenge -

Stage Three - League Two Player - 1st attempt

yBLJEr3.png

From two on the shortlist I chose with the heart, so I went with a fellow Dutchie :) Hope he doesn't disappoint me.

hFFJ5RD.png

I'm delighted with him tbh as you really don't want to see the alternatives. I'm planning on playing him as a CF and maybe go with Wingers too if we're in tactical difficulties. So his Aerial and Strength could become of good use. The #2 pick had 15 Shooting and 13 Pace but brown on all other significant attributes so I had to make a choice. Aerial+Strength+Decisions+Movement over Pace anytime. Of course I'm not too happy with his abysmal Pace, but like I said, we're working with limited options so I'm praying he delivers this season or I'll be stuck in this stage and try again next season. Upside is that his Pace jumped up to blue levels couple months in and that seemed to make a small difference in performance and goals.

mvMNpbH.png

A good game vs Chelsea and Thomas scores a brace.

jPPMGGg.png

Another penalty and another brace. Newcastle no chance. Going steady

QqiRHHh.png

Keeping the braces up Thomas is doing OK, not great but we're still in this game.

Mid-Challenge

HlviaR7.png

We're mid-challenge having played 19 EPL games. Thomas only featured in 18 because of a silly red card. That's a very valuable lost game at this point with this below average player and it could very well cost us in the end. But the tactic is working really well for Thomas, looking at his gorgeous AvR, but goal-wise we're only where we're supposed to be 25/50. Tight.

bwdCoLu.png

Since then Thomas upped his goal-scoring game and played his best month of his Spurs career including this brace.

March

YUE0DBN.png

A fantastic +10 goals since his last count bring us on 35/50. Tho we're just on schedule at this point. Still a close call.

2rAzhy4.png

A great game vs Man Utd, even the big boys are just another opponent on the day, and Thomas gets yet another brace. Couldn't keep count even if I tried. Feeling slightly more optimistic at this point.

April

t2yaVum.png

+5 which brings us on 40/50. Compared to Ched in Stage Two, he was on 45gls at this point. I'm back to starting to worry!

aAHjf4v.png

Brace #lostcount but how delicious getting that late goal. That one felt like 2 points this close to the finishline. So tight!

May

LY1PDx4.png

46/50. And 4 games to go.. we can do this.. Come on Thomas, we just need 1 goal per game. You've been doing that all season..

S8gCTh5.png

A brace and we climb to 48/50. Nerve-wrecking stuff.. The following Everton game would give Thomas his 49th EPL goal and put us on 49/50.

jHP5cVV.png

YES! Can't tell you how thrilled I am. A penalty? No one cares. it's 50/50 with 1 game left. How close was that? It was always going to be close with these sort of players so I kinda expected what was coming. I'm really happy and not so much for making it but more so for not having to re-do this stage :) tho next stage is even worse..

EPL Goals

8XMK9jb.png

There's the final tally. We scored 52/50.

Can't remember what our last opponent was but this Dutchie scored his gazillionth brace upping his final EPL tally to a fine 52. Not exactly sure why I'm so thrilled with this result, maybe I was a little "too invested" in this season because I was desperate to make it to the Vanarama depths of this challenge. I really can't wait to see how tough that's going to be. Whatever happens next I'll take as a bonus because having peeked at the available players in the bottom regions of professional football, it's looking really really grim for us to say the least. Great if I make it to the final stage but if this Vanarama Hell is my end then so be it. I reached my minimum goal but secretly hoping for more.

What got us thru in the end was no doubt staying relatively injury-free with a fair amount of rest from most Cup games. Also, we received more penalties than in any other season, 10-12ish, so that luck was essential. And I'm fearing we're going to need a huge dose of that luck again if we're to score 50 EPL goals with Vanarama players. Especially considering the goal-conversion rate will plummet even further with these less-talented heroes but we're ready. I think.. needing a miracle tho..

Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

1. Stage One - score 50+ EPL goals with a Championship player (53 goals)
  2. Stage Two - score 50+ EPL goals with a League One player (55 goals)
  3. Stage Three - score 50+ EPL goals with a League Two player (52 goals)
  4. Stage Four - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama National player (in progress..)
  5. Stage Five - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama North/South player *LOCKED*

Stage Four - Vanarama National Player - 1st attempt

coming up..

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I heard it was a dodgy penalty ?

How much to avoid a full-scale investigation? Let's talk money business over PM..

:P

36 minutes ago, samhardy said:

What a lucky striker find that was :O Yet again luck the only thing that can save this fraud of a manager.

Looks like someone wants to see me fail :D pretty sure next season you'll have something to cheer about..

36 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Great find with that striker. A couple more of them and your home?

Thanks.. was delighted when I laid eyes on his profile. Hopefully there's another gem or two in Vanarama division.

17 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Going great mate ;) I'm sure you got some tricks left to complete the challenge with those "bad" strikers to come ;)

Ran out of tricks after Stage One lol. All that's keeping me alive is what Sam blurted, 'luck'.

Thanks @olayinkajnr hope you enjoy the rest just as much.

Have been using a few different formations as I struggled thru the seasons but 2 main ones with minor tweaks. Will share at the end of the journey ;)

Edited by BatiGoal
4 hours ago, NucleusNT said:

Fantastic to go this far, I’m sure there’s a hidden gem lurking in the depths of the Vanarama ;) KIU

Really hope so. I'm excited to go on a Vanarama Player hunt in minutes. My mood for the day will be decided by what I find. :)

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Now that's impressive! Lucky but impressive :P

'Luck' is enforced thru a series of ingenious tactical choices, is it not? ;)

@PriZe @Taff hope I didn't miss a spot hehe! Thanks guys.