Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Strikers' Striker with BG

BatiGoal

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

The challenge begins now mate, superb first three years I've gotta say I'm impressed, then again we've come to expect nothing less from you!

Thanks. Think I've found a gorgeous lil gem in the Vanarama National. Someone will be massively disappointed :D

@BatiGoal Really intense challenge! Great job!

I'm curious, does player value skyrocket after the insane 50 goal season? Do you then rob another club of their money to watch the player flop

Thanks @Meow

Their value does go up considerably for the players they are. I do sell them at the end of the season as they're of no use to me anymore and they do flop :)

Stage One - Famara - bought for 5M and sold for 19.5M to Newcastle. He's a sub there and scored 8gls in 25 games in the past 2 seasons since.

Stage Two - Ched - bought for 5M and sold for 19.25M to Fiorentina. Also a sub scoring 4gls in 13 games last season. 

Not great at all but they do have prettier clubs on their resume lol. Thomas is probably taking a similar path. 

Edited by BatiGoal

Hello! Im back just for abit while i have the time and what a mad challenge to take up! If i have the chance, i will certainly try it!

Anyway, u seem to be doing fine but i seriously dont think you can pull through the last stage! Prove me wrong king bati!

11 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Prove me wrong king bati!

Odds are more in favor of proving you right :unamused: but I'll give it my best. Thanks. 

Seriously impressive stuff once again. I tend to like the challenges that has more variety on offer and where every season counts, rather than the longer monotonous ones (1kc, triple threats etc.). Hoping you'll make it out with the Wanarama strikers as well. 

This kind of stuff is why I turn to you for advice, in case you were wondering. Anyone who was doubting your 4141 tactic will get it now :D 

You'll fail, mind, but goog going nonetheless!

12 minutes ago, 1899 said:

Seriously impressive stuff once again. I tend to like the challenges that has more variety on offer and where every season counts, rather than the longer monotonous ones (1kc, triple threats etc.). Hoping you'll make it out with the Wanarama strikers as well. 

Thanks big! Just need to hope a couple random factors fall in my favor in terms of injuries and penalties. 

6 minutes ago, Jens said:

This kind of stuff is why I turn to you for advice, in case you were wondering. Anyone who was doubting your 4141 tactic will get it now :D 

You'll fail, mind, but goog going nonetheless!

Any sort of success pales in comparison to dragging you out of lurking mode :D

Just now, BatiGoal said:

Thanks big! Just need to hope a couple random factors fall in my favor in terms of injuries and penalties. 

Any sort of success pales in comparison to dragging you out of lurking mode :D

There's really only a handful of people capable of that, you know. Your career has now been bumped to legendary status already, merely by getting comments from me.

19 hours ago, PriZe said:

PHOTOSHOP

18 hours ago, Taff said:

ve to say your photoshop skills have become very impressive

No way. Look at his logo he doesn't have the skills :P It's pure Bati magic.

18 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks @Meow

Their value does go up considerably for the players they are. I do sell them at the end of the season as they're of no use to me anymore and they do flop :)

Stage One - Famara - bought for 5M and sold for 19.5M to Newcastle. He's a sub there and scored 8gls in 25 games in the past 2 seasons since.

Stage Two - Ched - bought for 5M and sold for 19.25M to Fiorentina. Also a sub scoring 4gls in 13 games last season. 

Not great at all but they do have prettier clubs on their resume lol. Thomas is probably taking a similar path. 

Haha 19+m is a steal for a 50 premier league goal striker. Someone must've thought they found a gem until they show up in training.

5 minutes ago, Meow said:

Haha 19+m is a steal for a 50 premier league goal striker. Someone must've thought they found a gem until they show up in training.

Exactly :)

Just sold Thomas to Fulham for 16.5M (bought for 500k). Decent profit but yeah they'll be scratching their heads in a couple weeks lol. 

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Just caught up mate, impressive totals, although that stage one guy looked like he didn’t want to play. KIU

Thanks mate. Looking more like it he underperformed big time due to his dissatisfaction in training. Inconsistent. Can't think of other reasons so I'm extra careful making sure I've got no unhappy strikers in the coming stages or it'll be impossible to reach 50.

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Exactly :)

Just sold Thomas to Fulham for 16.5M (bought for 500k). Decent profit but yeah they'll be scratching their heads in a couple weeks lol. 

I don't mind, can't be any worse than Mitroglou or Fonte.

The Strikers' Striker Challenge

- Strikers' Striker Challenge -

Stage Four - Vanarama National Player - 1st attempt

gZIHizt.png

Here's the little gem I found in the Vanarama depths at Barnet. He's 30yo but looking much better than any other option.

TTwxLB5.png

And with a bit of training at a top club like Spurs he upped Aerial, Decisions, Movement to 13 and Shooting to 16. Needless to say I'm delighted to have found this player for stage 4. Hell yes, I'm confident.

sPqqcfA.png

Massive scoreline tho Akinde only got 2 goals. Decent start to the challenge.

VWUHJ2N.png

Sweet hattrick brings us closer to our goal of 50 EPL goals.

Mid-Challenge

x5m4rVf.png

With 19 games played we're exactly half-way and Akinde is on 25/50. As usual my strikers tend to keep things nerve-wrecking :S

qHTF9xo.png

Leeds overpowered and Akinde scores a late goal to seal another brace.

February

fvEmFxo.png

31/50 and there's 4 months left to be played. Tight but looking nice.

March

VukIg8K.png

Only 4 goals recorded in February which brings us on 35/50. 5 goals in each month for the next 3 months and we're in.

7E8xdkf.png

Yes! A sweet 4 goals vs Bournemouth and we leap towards to 40-goal mark. Akinde is on a scoring-spree.

April

4Mc45VQ.png

Start of April and we're on 42/50. Just 8 goals to go with 10 games left.. is it too early to start believing?

ac0vjEl.png

:O That was my only fear. I didn't want to mention the word 'injury' for fear of jinxing it :O

ukb87Iu.png

Yikes. If it were a couple days we'd still have a huge chance of completing stage 4 and moving on to the last stage. But 3 weeks? So late into the season??? Harsh!

GnHXNHh.png

This is where we're at right now. Missing 3 weeks thru injury means the Fulham game is basically a lost opportunity for goals as are the City and Leicester games. Ouch! We're just left with a single game to push Akinde's tally up to 50 EPL goals. What number are we on now?

May

Cg2qd6H.png

46/50! Sigh..

With 4 games we'd easily have sealed it scoring a goal per game. Instead we're left with a single game vs Sunderland and need 4 goals! He's done it once but with a Vanarama player returning from injury. I'm throwing in the towel...

John Akinde

10PH6cP.png

An unfit Akinde on 80% facing a massive task attempting to score 4 goals to salvage this challenge. Excuse me GOD, I'd like to have a miracle please, thank You.

Sunderland Game

ANtMKPn.png

Or? A lucky penalty brings our tally on 46+1 .. next a hattrick in the 2nd half and we're in.. that's all..

NSGqUwK.png

No.

Akinde failed.

I failed.

EPL Goals

9uySx0E.png

47/50

Close! Of course that injury crushed our hopes of getting the required 50 EPL goals as I still think we'd have made it had it not been for that. Goes to show how everything needs to click in order to make it thru this. Any injury makes it nearly impossible to complete the goal of 50 with these Vanarama players. On top of that I think I've been very lucky with the Akinde find for this stage but now I need to hope there's another gem out there in the Vanarama National division.

Stage 5 seems very far right now. I need a quality player.. dose of luck.. and no injuries. I really have no idea if I'll make it past this stage, let alone completing the entire challenge, but I'll keep trying for the entire 30 seasons if I have to ;) gotta remain optimistic.. a little setback but we're already in pre-season for a 2nd attempt at this.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

1. Stage One - score 50+ EPL goals with a Championship player (53 goals)
  2. Stage Two - score 50+ EPL goals with a League One player (55 goals)
  3. Stage Three - score 50+ EPL goals with a League Two player (52 goals)
  4. Stage Four - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama National player (47 goals)
  5. Stage Five - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama North/South player *LOCKED*

Stage Four - Vanarama National Player - 2nd. attempt

coming up..

Edited by BatiGoal

Oh man that's heartbreaking! Since coming back on Vibe this has been the career that's excited me the most and I'm really intrigued as to who you go with. 

Im not sure who he plays for in your game but Kwame Thomas could be a shout. Starts with Coventry, not sure where he'd be now though.

@Rob2017 Man.. every game, especially around April - May making sure his fitness levels are green during games, but sometimes these things just happen. I got away with it in stages 1-3 so I guess it was inevitable at some point. Did feel like crying yes lol. Thanks.

@mcandrew003 thanks. Yeah at this point quite a few teams have moved up or down a division and of course players switched teams so it's hard telling. But I literally check every single striker in the Vanarama National division ;) to make sure I'm working with the best possible player.

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

@mcandrew003 thanks. Yeah at this point quite a few teams have moved up or down a division and of course players switched teams so it's hard telling. But I literally check every single striker in the Vanarama National division ;) to make sure I'm working with the best possible player.

Every striker? Fair enough mate at least you're eager :D

6 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Every striker? Fair enough mate at least you're eager :D

24 teams.. 3-6 forwards per team.. rougly 100+ players, takes no more than 15min :)