Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Dare to Dream - The Bahamas

Don' want to annoy you or anything mate but can you do me a save managing Gabon?... I can't get this changes.txt thing it makes no sense to me sorry and thanks on advance

Edited by gunnersaur
9 hours ago, gunnersaur said:

Don' want to annoy you or anything mate but can you do me a save managing Gabon?... I can't get this changes.txt thing it makes no sense to me sorry and thanks on advance

Sent you a PM with it mate (y)

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Really unique and enjoyable save mate! ITN management is usually dull but you've found a way to make it highly entertaining!

Thanks so much mate! Glad to see people like this idea. May do it with other nations (If I ever complete this one :P)

The 2021 Gold Cup

Well here we are at last, our first major tournament. I couldn't be more proud of the boys, they've come a long way since the start of this save. They've developed correctly, now it's time for them to prove themselves. 

We were drawn in a group with Costa Rica, Panama and Guatemala. Very tough group but one we can finish at least 2nd in. 

We started off our journey against Guatemala, we had high expectations and wouldn't accept anything less than all 3 points.

Spoiler

73ZtiiU.jpg

Okay, so for some reason it wouldn't let me go back onto the match screen when I clicked on it. Anyway, great result, I think it Hufnagel who scored a few goals and someone else ? Anyway, great start to this competition. Bring on Panama!

J50VMqa.jpg

Great win, two goals in two minutes turned this game on it's head massively and I can't credit the lads enough for that. So we're through no matter what happens in the last group game! That's a huge relief!

5qHAbdW.jpg

FELLAINI SCORED! GET IN! 

Anyway, exciting match, they equalized in the last minute but we still topped the group. Let's see who we got in the Quarter Finals.

J8vUzTD.jpg

We played them in the first match of this save, now we play them in what could be our most important game to date. High expectations, but Canada are a good side and it'll be tricky!

Thanks for reading, next update will be soon as per usual.

Gold Cup Knockout Stages

History awaits us! The only thing standing between us and the trophy is Canada!.... and 2 other teams.

Anyway let's get stuck into this, can we overcome the Canadians?

Spoiler

thHUxk3.jpg

Great win! I honestly think we have a huge chance of winning this tournament.

We had Costa Rica next, can we get past these and advance to the final?

6vV4a96.jpg

Yes we did! Irretagoiena (bit of a mouthful) scoring the winner. Huge game and Bahamas are going all the way to the Yankee Stadium in New York!

72PAwFH.jpg

We play hosts USA in the final, we've beat them once we can beat 'em again! Up the Boys!

Can we win and lift the Gold Cup? Our first ever major tournament could end in glory, it's in our hands, can we do it?

qStNpN9.jpg

Ct6Ir60.jpg

Alle Kamalla becomes a national hero! What a day for Bahamian sport! I had to play Alle as Hufnagel was suspended for picking up too many yellows. However Alle stepped up tremendously in order to fill the gap and win the tournament for us! Great stuff, hopefully we can take this and push on to qualify for the World Cup.

WK60UxL.jpg

Hufnagel smashed the top scorer's race with 7 goals in 5 games! McAleny was in the running too with 4 goals. Amazing showing from our lads.

Up the Baha Boys!

Personal Update

Hey guys, I haven't updated in a while. Mainly because I haven't had he chance to play the save.

I've been away the last week with friends and I didn't want to spend that time playing a video game that I can play at any other time.

This journey is not over, and I will be back

2021 Update

Having won the North American Gold Cup, we have proved to the world that we are a force to be reckoned with. Pushing teams like Canada, Costa Rica and the USA out of our way to the trophy. 

But we must move on, we have to focus on World Cup Qualification.

IEFhAYn.jpg

Our next game took us to Honduras, for a must-win game against a tough side. How did we do?

Spoiler

H7BcMHi.jpg

Hufnagel on fire yet again, bagging another hattrick and ultimately winning the match for us. 

The next game saw us travel to 'Murca, with both teams sitting in the qualification spots, a win for either side would surely see them on the way to Australia.

MYKBlZk.jpg

2-0 down, it was looking bleak. Then up stepped the hero Hufnagel to rescue a vital point which sees us stay 2nd.

We then came back home to Nassau to play current group leaders and already qualified Mexico. We went in knowing a point was all we needed to qualify for the World Cup. We could even still qualify if we lost as long as Honduras (who were 4th) failed to beat the USA. In the words of George Hamilton; "A nation holds its breath..."

Spoiler

T6UJqKP.jpg

yWFpocc.jpg

"YES WE'RE THERE!" 

We've done it! And we didn't have to rely on any other team, we went out, attacked from the start and it payed off massively! I honestly can't believe it, we've come a long way and finally we've reached the promised land.

Thank you all for reading, next update should come quickly.

Up the Baha Boys!

Edited by ManLikeRobbieBrady

Minor Update

This is just a small update, would just like to say that our World Cup Group has been drawn! Let's see if we got a favourable draw!

Spoiler

SOhiPfY.jpg

England and Portugal will be incredibly difficult, I'll say that much. If we want to advance we will need to beat Algeria. Hopefully 4 or 5 points will be enough to advance. I can't believe we're in this position! Already we're playing the Englands and Portugals of the world! Really shows how far we've come!

Also would like to note our current world ranking

kn5lmPK.jpg

Up the Baha Boys!

Just going to clarify for anyone following this. This career is not dead. I am just leaving the World Cup update for when the actual World Cup kicks off this summer!

Looking forward to sharing our progress!

We are back! The 2018 World Cup has been on for a while now in real life, and the 2022 World Cup has begun for the Bahamas!

Before I get into the group, let's have a look at the players who have made the cut for the Baha Boys!

Players:

Goalkeepers:

Spoiler

GPCHtMZ.jpg

pZkg7WN.jpg

gDx4mma.jpg

Defenders:

Spoiler

6fYYAIs.jpg

hFInSwG.jpg

D0tgdn7.jpg

3XBUvgr.jpg

4wVpknf.jpg

8FsWehR.jpg

nfUa7dj.jpg

Pw79u5m.jpg

Midfielders:

Spoiler

lWvmef7.jpg

R6JUMFl.jpg

9B6q47x.jpg

24d5Y3w.jpg

nZoJRPf.jpg

dvyE1OG.jpg

YkAoQJB.jpg

YkAoQJB.jpg

CFcUFQl.jpg

Forwards:

Spoiler

6aiD9Yq.jpg

8GrgtmT.jpg

The group stage update will come shortly!

2022 World Cup Group Stage

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas 1914 - 1953

Here it is, we've finally made it. All the time spent finding the best players, finding the best tactics and fighting for our place all comes down to this.

We fought to be here. We raged against the dying of the light. We faced obstacles and we overcame them. We now have 3 more obstacles in front of us; England, Portugal and Algeria.

The Matches

Without further ado, let's get into the Bahamas' first World Cup! In a group consisting of England, Portugal and Algeria, we would realistically need a win against Algeria and two draws to go through. Going into the tournament the Bahamian fans figured that the best they could hope for was a 2nd place finish. How would the Baha Boys do in a historic match against Algeria?

Spoiler

jzeCvFc.jpg

What a historic win! 5-2! Great performance! 

It started really well when Darío McAleny scored pretty much straight from kick off, before putting us 2-0 up a few minutes later. However, we let it slip and it was quickly 2-2. Then McAleny scored just before half time to seal a first half hattrick. From then on we controlled the game.

Next up is Portugal. After the perfect start, we hoped to get a draw to give us a good chance going into the last group game.

1z0Dg3k.jpg

We went one better and won! We might've got a bit lucky as Portugal had 4(!) disallowed goals. 

89ltWes.jpg

Scenes.

qbkq5Io.jpg

A heroic 1-1 draw with England seals our place top of the group! 

cTqP2f5.jpg

When the draw was made, I didn't even dream this would happen. Finishing first in a group containing England and Portugal is absolutely mad. We play Mexico in the last 16, can we put in 1 more massive performance and get to the quarter finals! We shall see!

Thanks for reading.

Knockout Stages

The Bahamas' dream lives on! For one more match, that is. We put in 3 heroic performances to see off Algeria, Portugal and England. Can we put in one more against our North American rivals Mexico?

But first, the national anthem:

Lift up your head to the rising sun, Bahamaland;
March on to glory, your bright banners waving high.
See how the world marks the manner of your bearing!
Pledge to excel through love and unity.

Pressing onward, march together
to a common loftier goal;
Steady sunward, tho' the weather
hide the wide and treachrous shoal.

Lift up your head to the rising sun, Bahamaland,
'Til the road you've trod lead unto your God,
March on, Bahamaland!

Enough to make a grown man cry.

The moment has come, how would the Bahamas fare in the most important match in Bahamas football history?

Spoiler

LKdgVX2.jpg

We won! What a result! To be honest, I didn't give us a chance, however we proved everyone wrong! The Bahamas march on to the quarter finals!

Next we played Holland, could we keep the momentum going?

MGPEmaZ.jpg

Unfortunately not. It is always sad to be knocked out, but we made incredible progress. A tournament and a team I will never forget. The Bahamas have become heroes.

aaFDK7X.jpg

Spain eventually won the World Cup.

pcCdJAZ.jpgFurtado was joint top goal scorer!

hY34uDW.jpg

Our amazing showing means we have risen to 8th in the world!

Spoiler

II will leave it there for the Bahamas. I feel we have ultimately achieved our goal in building the national team and qualifying for the World Cup. I could play through to the 2026 World Cup, but I honestly can't bring myself to slog through 4 more years.

It has been an immense journey. We discovered new players, created legends, competed with the very best...

But most importantly, we dared to dream.

27 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

What a ride! Unfortunate to be eliminated in the Quarters, but still, what an achievement! Congrats mate

Thanks mate. What a ride indeed

#8th in the world. Epic stuff 😆

Very enjoyable journey which turned a bunch of nobodies in the footballing world, with all due respect, into somebodies. Congrats on the achievement.