Name: Harry Winks

Club: Tottenham Hotspur

Position: Midfielder

Player Role: Advanced Playmaker

Attributes at the start of game:

AjOARfS.png

Attributes after 1 season - NO Intensive Training:

L36IgVB.png

Quite surprised how well he developed in my recent career. Initially planned to loan out but decided against it and keep him in the squad for back up. He grabbed his chance during a couple games I gave him and he's basically been my 12th man ever since. He does often start games as well tho and he's likely to replace a starter in the near future if he keeps these greens up as well as his performance. I haven't used him a lot as an Advanced Playmaker, as I've got APs a line in front of him already, but the times he did play as one he did very well. I've been using him as a Central Midfielder mostly and alternatively as a Deep Lying Playmaker because the team needed one, that's what a 12th man does, right? He performs both roles well enough but it's no surprise AP fits him the best.

Harry Winks is one of those players that is probably in the wrong team at the wrong time with already very good, maybe too good, competition for places such as Dele Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Wanyama as CMs so it's not unlikely that he gets overlooked by managers more often than not. But I'm saying he's a class player and definitely deserves a fair shot at a starting spot 2-3 seasons into your career. Or I suggest snatching him away quick before anyone else discovers him and he becomes too expensive. He's "only" 50M here but in my 3rd season he doubled his price already to 112M. So he'll be worth it.

If you try him out please let me know how he does for you.

Some nice stats there.

Will some players' attributes grow well no matter what training setup you have for them, and even if they aren't featuring in the first team much? I want to get Angel Gomes to a high level as early as possible but there's already been concerns about the intensity of training. Have had the luxury of being able to play him in a Carabao Cup match and more recently a CL debut from the start.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Will some players' attributes grow well no matter what training setup you have for them, and even if they aren't featuring in the first team much?

Talented (or high PA) players will improve either way but of course faster if you play them regularly. I only use IT for players with low physical stats, talented youngsters in particular, but once I get 2-3 unhappy players re IT I find myself just using the default to avoid such silliness. Works very well too.

41 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I haven't used Harry this year but I think I should with that sort of development. 

Share your progress if you do ;)

Too many only just greens for me. Not really defensive, stamina is meh for the BBM role and creativity/movement not really good enough for a playmaker. 

Solid bench option though 

27 minutes ago, alexel99 said:

Can you send me intensive training ?? plsss

Here's what you need a couple posts down on page 1.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Too many only just greens for me. Not really defensive, stamina is meh for the BBM role and creativity/movement not really good enough for a playmaker. 

Solid bench option though 

Yes, agree, he's not your defensive-minded player but his 19 passing and decisions certainly makes up for his "lower" creativity. Of course he's no De Bruyne but a pretty good AP for a relatively unknown guy. Imo fits best with teams with the ambition of finishing on a CL spot. 

Being a Spurs fan, I tend to manage the lad and I find in pretty much every save he does the ‘want new challenge’ thing... which grates me. Arrogant little so and so.