Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mcandrew003

National Team Watch - Jamaica

National Team Watch - Jamaica

Hello Vibe, and welcome to this new mini-series we'll be embarking upon, where we'll be taking a closer look at some of World football's most exciting, interesting and challenging nations to manage In FMM18, and the reasons why YOU should begin a career immediately and attempt to take them to global glory! So, without prolonging this intro to the point where you'll be falling asleep in your chairs, let's get underway!

Competitions

Jamaica have the privilege of participating in a variety of competitions every couple of years, with each one sure to test different aspects of your tactical wisdom with the teams that are seeded in said competitions. 

The Gold Cup

IMG_1738.thumb.PNG.dc3fad37593a16b533dc5c1e603492d6.PNG

The North American equivalent of the European Championships, the Gold Cup pits the best teams from North America against one another in a classic group-knockout style tournament which sees the best of the continent come out on top. You'll face some Continental giants in America and Mexico, whilst minnows such as Costa Rica and Panama have the quality and confidence to put you and your group of Jamaicans to the sword. The mix of higher and lower ranked teams make this an exciting tournament that is sure to leave you on the edge of your seat in anticipation, and potentially nerves. Jamaica are yet to wrap their hands around the trophy, however with two runners-up medals to their name could you be the coach to lead them to Continental glory?

World Cup
IMG_1739.thumb.PNG.2b5d41b2d24462fcc94b7fa4640c2223.PNG

Please be aware this is not my awful management skills at fault, it is their generated results which left them rock bottom of their group. The world's most prestigious tournament, the World Cup is a hop, skip and a jump away from your grasp and you are very much in contention to qualify, if you're management skills are good enough to cope with the stressful demands of visiting difficult opposition every few months. The qualifying period is bound to be tense, and when the top 2 from each group go into a final showdown the are nerves are bound to crank up a notch as you strive to grab a place on the plane. With just a single qualification to the big stage in their history books, you'll be the man to pioneer a new age of success in the North American outfit. 

They are the two major tournaments you'll have to worry about as Jamaica manager, with both being unique experiences that are sure to attract the most daring of managers. After exploring the nature of the two main challenges at hand, let's switch our attention to the Jamaicans and their international prestige. 

World Rankings 
IMG_1743.thumb.PNG.fd4f576d512e8f2846a9063b469dec33.PNG

The clear quality of their current crop of internationals shines here as Jamaica sit at a tremendous 46th. The balance of well-renowned stars, young talents emerging from the rough and big results against big nations give Jamaica a respectable starting rank, however with a lack of games at the very beginning of your tenure don't be surprised to drop down a few notches before the bigger, better fixtures drop at your doorsteps. 

We've viewed the challenges you'll face in the Jamaican hot seat. We've viewed the brilliance of your side and where they are ranked amongst the world's football elite. Now it's time to analyse the stand out members of their top quality squad to see who you'll be focusing on the grab you the best results. 

Star Man
IMG_1740.thumb.PNG.4e35544f9589604b5fe7f768b8ca85d8.PNG

Captain Wes is the big name player in the Jamaican side with his Premier League exploits paving the way for his fame in his homeland. The 34 year old breathes stability and confidence in defence, and this is evoked wonderfully in his abundance of incredible core attributes, which include a scarily large 16 tackling which makes him a handful for any striker in the world, 15 Aerial which goes a long way in showing off his aerial prowess, and 18 Strength, making him almost impossible to knock off the ball. At 34, Morgan will likely last 3-4 more years at the top level with former champions Leicester before you may have to consider plumping for regens ahead of the Foxes captain, but by then you'll have had enough success to produce decent regens. Or that's the plan. 

One To Watch
IMG_1741.thumb.PNG.797d79f1b354196d65115fa49c5c08e7.PNG

Leon Bailey is widely considered the golden boy of Jamaican football, and it's not hard to see why. At just 20 the winger possesses attributes that most wingers can dream of, with his 16 Dribbling making him a tricky player to keep track of on the field, and his darting 16 pace ensuring not many will be able to catch him once he gets on the ball. Linked with a move every summer without fault, Bailey will be your dangerman for the next 12 years at least and will be the key to any success you endure as Jamaica Manager. 

The Verdict

Jamaica are truly an interesting nation to take the reigns of. Blessed with a rich group of talented and tricky footballers, they'll go far under your management, as long as you utilise their strengths accordingly. Achieve success and see your team fly up the rankings and quickly fill a trophy cabinet that is just waiting for some silverware. Fail, and you'll have wasted potentially a golden generation of Jamaican footballers. The margins are fine between the two fates, it's down to you make world beaters of the selection of players, and recreate the dreams of a nation. 

Thanks for reading! Have you managed Jamaica before and achieved success? Or do you plan on taking another country to world domination? Remember to leave a comment and any suggestions on more nations for this series are appreciated!

Edited by mcandrew003

I like the article on a not so popular country on here.. 

I wish we could manage more of the smaller countries but I always run into database problems with having to load same leagues or sometimes the player pool is never enough without using an in game editor to get minimum amount of players for team to be manageable. 

Just had it in my save trying do American Manager in Europe and start unemployed to USMNT & a top club in Europe but after a few years in realized not enough Americans and had to stick to club only. (Had all leagues loaded from England, Italy, France , and Spain) 

So which leagues did u have loaded for Jamaica ? Or did u use an editor/unlockables?? I’m on IOS so not easy to change games.

4 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

I like the article on a not so popular country on here.. 

I wish we could manage more of the smaller countries but I always run into database problems with having to load same leagues or sometimes the player pool is never enough without using an in game editor to get minimum amount of players for team to be manageable. 

Just had it in my save trying do American Manager in Europe and start unemployed to USMNT & a top club in Europe but after a few years in realized not enough Americans and had to stick to club only. (Had all leagues loaded from England, Italy, France , and Spain) 

So which leagues did u have loaded for Jamaica ? Or did u use an editor/unlockables?? I’m on IOS so not easy to change games.

Thanks very much, hopefully in the next few editions we'll look at a few more obscure nations :D

Yeah I completely get you, Database can be a pain. Always a good idea to do a quick test before you start a save to make sure you have the amount of players you need and things like that. 

To load Jamaica all I loaded was USA, however you can load any three leagues alongside it and it should still be there. 

I really enjoyed that so cheers mate! I can't say I've ever thought about managing them so thanks for bringing them to my attention :) 

I've come across 4-5 Jamaicans over the past months but can't recall any one of them unfortunately. But I think it says enough about their potential if they even made my shortlist or featured as subs in worldclass teams. There's definitely quality in this nation. 

The one I (we) do know is Bailey of course. I played him in a longterm career last year for 10+ seasons as a regular starter. He becomes worldclass and is without doubt the future of Jamaican football. 

Refreshing read! 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

I really enjoyed that so cheers mate! I can't say I've ever thought about managing them so thanks for bringing them to my attention :) 

Thanks! Definitely a unique team to take the reigns of. 

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I've come across 4-5 Jamaicans over the past months but can't recall any one of them unfortunately. But I think it says enough about their potential if they even made my shortlist or featured as subs in worldclass teams. There's definitely quality in this nation. 

The one I (we) do know is Bailey of course. I played him in a longterm career last year for 10+ seasons as a regular starter. He becomes worldclass and is without doubt the future of Jamaican football. 

Refreshing read! 

I'd say most of their players aren't especially outstanding, there's the odd few like Bailey, Morgan and Mariappa but apart from that their players are relatively unknown. Doesn't mean they don't have potential though. 

Thanks a lot!

5 hours ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Amazing read! I know the Jamaicans far too well because of my Bahamas save :laugh: But well done mate, looking forward to the next nation.

Cheers mate! Yeah I'd imaging they've give you a few troubles :laugh: Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I really enjoyed this look at Jamaica and look forward to seeing what other teams you feature.

Thanks, hoping to uncover some nations not many would go for in order to give them a bit of limelight.

3 hours ago, Taff said:

Nice idea for some articles dude, welcome back 

Thanks a lot Taff!

Was reading the intro, sadly fell asleep in my chair before reaching the warning.

Great article mate. Being honest I didn't even know they were playable. Certainly looks an interesting save :)

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Was reading the intro, sadly fell asleep in my chair before reaching the warning.

Great article mate. Being honest I didn't even know they were playable. Certainly looks an interesting save :)

Should have put it in earlier :P

Thanks a lot Sam. Yeah they are very well hidden but a rewarding save for sure!