Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Six-State Challenge

mcandrew003

The Six-State Challenge - FMM18

America. A country considered the king of the modern world, both economically and industrially. However, can you become the king (or queen) of America? Welcome to this FMM18 challenge where we'll be visiting 6 states with 6 unique challenges to not only test you're managerial abilities but see who can become the best manager America has ever and will ever see!

The Concept

The Six-State Challenge is a challenge with varying levels of difficulty depending on the stage (and state ;)you reach. Some states will almost certainly be much, much harder than others. Each state has a unique, difficult and hopefully fun challenge associated to it which has a direct link to a big moment in that states past or a fact about the state. You're welcome to use any clubs located in these states, but of course not outside them. You can only move on to the next state once the challenge from the previous one is completed. So basically all the usual jazz :), except for one rule. With each club you MUST win a League and Cup Double. Without further ado, let's introduce the stunning six!

The Great American Road-Trip

State 1 - New York 

State 2 - Florida

State 3 - Texas

State 4 - California

State 5 - Oregon

State 6 - Canada (Before someone, cough Sam cough, points out that Canada is a country, not a state, I've used it here because of it's MLS prowess)

So, a nice little Horseshoe shaped tour around the USA. Now let's actually take a look at the states and with them, their challenges. 

State 1 - New York

Widely considered the 'Concrete Jungle', New York is the most populated state in America with 8,537,673 Million people living under it's fancy buildings, bright lights and really, really tall statues. We start off in familiar surroundings, and with that a fairly simple task that should take no longer than two seasons. 

State 1 Challenge: Take a player, either already in the team or brought in by yourself, and score 85 goals with them at a club based in New York. 

Clubs Available: New York Red Bulls, New York City FC, 

Difficulty: Easy

State 2 - Florida

Florida is the Southernmost state of America, and has a very strong Spanish Contingency. Since it's discovery in 1523, the state has been known for its fantastic tourism rates, with Europeans and Africans the main group of travellers who visit the state.

State 2 Challenge: Revamp the entire team so that it includes at least 15 African and European first team players. With said team, lead your side to a North American Champions League title. 

Clubs Available: Orlando City SC

Difficulty: Medium

State 3 - Texas

Texas is the second most populated state in the nation that is the United States, being located in the south of the country near the border of Mexico. Despite the ongoing political debate between America and Mexico, it's time to forget about that for the love of football. 

State 3 Challenge: Sign a Mexican player, and have him become the first Mexican on both the all time Goal and Assist MLS charts. This requires 90 goals and 85 assists. 

Clubs Available: FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo

Diffiuclty: Hard

State 4 - California 

The home of rap music in the 80's and 90's, California was the place to be for that brand of music. And for many, it still is the place to be, with 39.5 Million residents currently occupying the state. Shame that number is so high for you though....

State 4 Challenge: Sell as many players as you can to get as close as possible to a transfer budget of £39.5 Million. Then, you can only spend 30% of that (£10.7 Million) to revamp your squad. Win a North American Champions League. 

Clubs Available: San Jose Earthquakes, LA Galaxy

Difficulty: Medium

State 5 - Oregon

Oregon, located to the West of America, was the source of much interest hundreds of years ago as the British and Americans both fought to gain control of the state. 

State 5 Challenge - Sign an Englishman, Scotsman and Welshman for your chosen club, and score 300 goals between them, which will enter all three in the top 10 scorers in MLS History.

Clubs Available: Portland Timbers

Difficulty: Hard

State 6 - Canada

Yes, I know it's not a state. Canada, another place in North America that was previously under British occupation, have proven their worth in the MLS in recent times. It's time for them to step it up, though. 

State 6 Challenge - Be the first to win a North American Champions League title with a Canadian club, aswell as breaking ALL of the following league records to truly take the country by storm:

Most Points: 69

Most Wins: 24

Most Goals: 85

Least Conceded: 20

Clubs Available: Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, Vancouver Whitecaps

Difficulty: Hard

There you go! The six stages of the Six-State challenge. Some stages might take you one season, some might take you 5. The rules and points system is below, so make sure to check them out. 

Rules

No Reloading

Must win a cup and league title with each team

A career thread is suggested

No editing

Complete the six state challenges IN ORDER

Have fun :)

Points System

Relatively simple. Each season is 10 points. Complete all 6 state challenges IN ORDER, and the person with the lowest points (seasons) wins!

So, there you go! A meaty MLS Challenge for you all to sink your teeth into, I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

Edited by mcandrew003
Just now, PriZe said:

Don't think Trump would approve the Mexican challenge?

I'm sure he's not too worried about football so hopefully (fingers crossed) he won't notice ;):laugh:

It's a bit unclear which things can be spread over multiple seasons. I'd suggest adding that per point if possible. 

Other than that good idea! 

Just now, Jens said:

It's a bit unclear which things can be spread over multiple seasons. I'd suggest adding that per point if possible. 

Other than that good idea! 

There's no real time limits on the challenges themselves. Just depends if the manager is competent enough to deal with them ;)

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

Great challenge mate. Be interesting to see who dares take it on

Thanks! I might have to be first up to set a score for people to beat unless someone beats me to it ;)

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

With each club you MUST win a League and Cup

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Must win a cup and league title with each team

Really good and interesting challenge.

Sorry to be pedantic but if my experience with Toronto in the VPL is anything to go by the Canadian teams don't compete in the US Cup. A small point I know but might be worth pointing out in the OP.   

Just now, FuddledFox said:

Really good and interesting challenge.

Sorry to be pedantic but if my experience with Toronto in the VPL is anything to go by the Canadian teams don't compete in the US Cup. A small point I know but might be worth pointing out in the OP.   

Oh really? I didn't know that thanks for pointing it out! 

Sorry can I just clarify pls when you say league and cup double do you mean you must win both in the same season or you can just win both at some point in your time with the club?

18 hours ago, GingerbreadPooches said:

Sorry can I just clarify pls when you say league and cup double do you mean you must win both in the same season or you can just win both at some point in your time with the club?

Hey mate, by that I mean just during your time at the club. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, chewkaiwen said:

Could I just check whether Vancouver could be used for the Canada stage? Since they are part of Canada as well!

Yep, not a problem. My fault for not putting them in, I'll add them now :)

Briliant, you can expect a post to come up soon over my career...ironically its the first time I'm playing in the MLS in FMM18 so lets see how I'll do!

12 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

Briliant, you can expect a post to come up soon over my career...ironically its the first time I'm playing in the MLS in FMM18 so lets see how I'll do!

Can't wait mate! Excited to see who you go for and how you do, best of luck!

I am also playing MLS for the first time in FMM 2018 and ironically i started with New York before i saw this challenge. So, now this will be my go to challenge. Expect a career thread.

2 hours ago, Damilare said:

Pls how do we move states??wait for job offer or after finishing one state,u start a new game for another state??

McA hasnt been around lately to answer that question but I would say from reading the challenge he means you should do it all in one save.

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

McA hasnt been around lately to answer that question but I would say from reading the challenge he means you should do it all in one save.

Thanks mate..might attempt it after i complete my double trouble challenge..