Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll The Weekly Poll: Was MLS worth the wait?

FuddledFox

Was the MLS worth the wait and has it lived up to the hype?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Was the MLS worth the wait and has it lived up to the hype?

• Played it and loved it.
    • Played it but didn't enjoy it.
    • Haven't played it but plan to.
    • Haven't played it and have no plans to.
    • My name is Sam and I don't give a.....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/02/18 at 17:00

Was the MLS worth the wait and has it lived up to the hype?

image.png.cd37cfed4084c2a8e6c623fc859aad18.png

I received a letter during the week from Vibe legend and the man who sits proudly at the top of the Vibe hall of fame. Yes that's right the one and only @Ashez. Why he sent a letter or how he got my address I will never know but obviously I was completely star struck and had to feature his question :P

5a894197a55c0_Ashezletter.thumb.jpg.557324b4fe78a65ec92c01aabe94e0de.jpg

So lets hear your opinions on the MLS have you played the league yet? will you at some point this year? or are you going to give it a miss?

Also what leagues would you like to see added next year?

Whilst you guys vote I'm still so excited about Ashez getting to touch that I need to go and calm down.

Image result for excited gif

Thanks to @Ashez for this weeks question and thank you for reading.

The reason I asked this question is because the MLS was by far the most requested league if not the most requested new feature in all the FMM threads I've seen. For as long as I can remember people have been begging for the MLS yet now it's here I've seen next to nothing about it. Maybe I'm just away from the discussion but for me it appears this new addition ended up being something small and not the big improvement all the MLS hopefulls acted like it would be. 

For the record it is a league I had little interests in and as yet i've not played there but I thought this would be an interesting discussion. When I see the what "FMM needs threads" I always end up thinking really, out of everything you want that? (MLS, team talks, 3d engine and so on). Yet now we have a highly requested feature and imo it's gone under the radar. 

Maybe the way it was implemented is an issue but FMM was always unlikely to get a true MLS due to the effort involved in the PC version. SI always said the MLS wouldn't happen in FMM so when it was announced I thought it was a big deal for the game and for the community but now it's here is it all that? 

@FuddledFox - Hmmm nice and unique reveal :P

I think the reason the MLS appealed to so many people originally was because of the bizarre rules, etc. Without all the mad rules it's really just another average league. 

For new leagues next year, I really don't see the need for more leagues. Maybe if SI made more leagues available as optional DLCs? I'd definitely pay an extra €1 for the Chinese Super League or the Gibraltar First Division :laugh:

I have enjoyd playing in the league and this post has made me start a new long term save with my beloved New England Revolution. The issue is that the league is exciting because it' so different. However on FMM that have not implemented any of the rules. There is no drafts. Which IMO is the best part. There is no salary cap or limitations on DP players and homegrown. It just the save as all the other leagues with the MLS database. 

1 minute ago, JustM1kePlays said:

There is no drafts. Which IMO is the best part. There is no salary cap or limitations on DP players and homegrown. It just the save as all the other leagues with the MLS database. 

I have enjoyed the couple of seasons I have done on the mls but I couldn't see myself playing it season after season especially because of the limited North America champions league (which is obviously a real life problem not an fmm problem). I hope that in the next couple of fmm editions that they could add some kind of draft system and maybe some limited wage structure although hopefully too realistic with the wages.

As mentioned before, MLS is a bit bland without the special rules in place. May be a bit more exciting for some due to the playoff style finals, but it doesn’t do much for me.

Might be a good place to start in case you’re planning a mighty World Cup trophy with the likes of Canada ;)

(Still liked the Brazilian league more)

Edited by rafa

Well it’s the same with the A-League, it has similar rules but again they are omitted for the same reasons as the MLS

Edited by Real_Random

Probably all the anti MLS /retirement league bias from Europe plays a big part in the hate . It’s great for Americans to have all the players from our domestic league in game . You then have challenge of beating Mexican teams in Champions League .. Then you get to the Club World Cup and get to play European clubs .. The draft would be a big plus don’t think making the more complicated rules would help much... Nice to have non European leagues as it’s a worldwide game so FMM should try to include all regions 

Another big plus is unlike last years game you weren’t able to use USA national team as playable after the winter update and was very frustrating for American National Team managers who couldn’t play that part of the game that you could before the update. Now with MLS you will always have the chance to manage the national team all year no matter what winter update does..

I don’t get the anti/hate MLS comments in here and in general . Makes it kinda difficult for MLS fans being outnumbered by haters ..??

8 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

Probably all the anti MLS /retirement league bias from Europe plays a big part in the hate . It’s great for Americans to have all the players from our domestic league in game . You then have challenge of beating Mexican teams in Champions League .. Then you get to the Club World Cup and get to play European clubs .. The draft would be a big plus don’t think making the more complicated rules would help much... Nice to have non European leagues as it’s a worldwide game so FMM should try to include all regions 

Another big plus is unlike last years game you weren’t able to use USA national team as playable after the winter update and was very frustrating for American National Team managers who couldn’t play that part of the game that you could before the update. Now with MLS you will always have the chance to manage the national team all year no matter what winter update does..

I don’t get the anti/hate MLS comments in here and in general . Makes it kinda difficult for MLS fans being outnumbered by haters ..??

How are you enjoying Soccer manager mobile this year? ;):laugh: (I’m only messing)

14 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

Way too strong a word, I think. It's simply likes Vs dislikes. Not my fav league but certainly not hate it. Glad it's been included as it opens up a door for more challenges. 

What hate? Don't find the league interesting enough. Same reason although i am dutch i don't play that league. MLS has a unique setup which i would love to have played. But in the current state for me personally it doesn't add a lot. I can appreciate the fact that for you as an American you are happy with your league added! :) 

I'm a huge MLS fan.

I'm currently playing my 19th season with the mighty NYCFC. That's 18 straight titles in the bag already. Agree it's a shame the draft isn't in there, but I find the league quite refreshing actually. Usually I don't get out of England/Belgium, but this year I've hardly done those two, played mainly MLS. I'm thinking of starting again in the MLS even.

My biggest frustration is mainly the international situation: when all of my player are called up to their national teams, that leaves nothing to play with... (Which is again a real life problem and not so much an FMM one). Big fan over here.

3 hours ago, Jens said:

I'm a huge MLS fan.

I'm currently playing my 19th season with the mighty NYCFC. That's 18 straight titles in the bag already. Agree it's a shame the draft isn't in there, but I find the league quite refreshing actually. Usually I don't get out of England/Belgium, but this year I've hardly done those two, played mainly MLS. I'm thinking of starting again in the MLS even.

My biggest frustration is mainly the international situation: when all of my player are called up to their national teams, that leaves nothing to play with... (Which is again a real life problem and not so much an FMM one). Big fan over here.

The international breaks is my big frustration as well. It's realistic, but a pain in the butt.

14 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I'd say the results show it didn't live up to the hype and expectations :P

SI's fault or the audiences? 

I have to say I think this one falls on us as SI repeatedly said the MLS wouldn't happen, especially a true MLS. They obviously compromised to give the fans a highly requested feature in the best way they could and it appears people expected the draft and other rules etc. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

SI's fault or the audiences? 

I have to say I think this one falls on us as SI repeatedly said the MLS wouldn't happen, especially a true MLS. They obviously compromised to give the fans a highly requested feature in the best way they could and it appears people expected the draft and other rules etc. 

One positive to me is that guys who are fans of the MLS in real life like @JustM1kePlays and @DIRECTFX seem to be happy by the leagues inclusion and are willing to look past the compromises in the rules and enjoy playing as there favourite MLS clubs. 

I am wondering if a future poll should be 'which leagues in FMM18 have you played' as it would be interesting to see how much people go away from there comfort zone when they pick a team or if most of us stick to what we know.  

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

One positive to me is that guys who are fans of the MLS in real life like @JustM1kePlays and @DIRECTFX seem to be happy by the leagues inclusion and are willing to look past the compromises in the rules and enjoy playing as there favourite MLS clubs. 

I am wondering if a future poll should be 'which leagues in FMM18 have you played' as it would be interesting to see how much people go away from there comfort zone when they pick a team or if most of us stick to what we know.  

Very true, I'm happy it's pleased fans and included the North American market but I did expect it to be a bigger deal than it's turned out. Any casual fan I spoke to was desperate for the MLS to be included and the hype was real at the announcement. 

Problem with that poll would be people who don't have their leagues as an option and Vibe is so UK based I doubt you'd show much. As it goes England is my least used (of the ones I actually use). I don't like playing as LFC once the squads changed and I don't like playing as many other sides as I'd rather be LFC lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

As it goes England is my least used (of the ones I actually use). I don't like playing as LFC once the squads changed and I don't like playing as many other sides as I'd rather be LFC lol. 

Thats true for me as well. I just can never get into an England based save as its almost like i have to much knowledge of the league and it feels too familiar.