Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mcandrew003

Brexit In FMM18

Brexit in Football Manager Mobile is like a cold to a human. It's very, very annoying, but will inevitably happen whether you like it or not. The political movement, if you will, that disbands England and other British nations from the European Union, has a direct impact upon your managerial career In FMM18, and I'm here to talk about what it does, how it affects your game and finally, how you can get around Brexit and almost come to love it. So, let's get straight into it. 

How Does Brexit Effect Your Game?
So first off, it's integral we look at what Brexit In FMM18 actually is and what it does. Brexit practically restricts the movement of people both in and out of England, limiting the flexibility of transfers and making it harder to pick your transfer targets, and then actually put them into action and capture the player for your club. The professional term for this annoying roadblock partially obstructing all transfers is Work Permits. Work Permits take a few days to go through, and sometimes won't go through at all. This however, isn't the only effect that Brexit has on your game. After a few months of Brexit kicking in, you'll likely get a message saying that the Premier League television revenue has dropped. This means lower budgets for the next season, and with the inflated prices of today's market you may well find it difficult. 

Tips To Get Around Brexit In FMM18

Brexit is, like we said before, inevitable. You can't stop it from happening in your game whatever you try, so it's just best you become acquitted with it as soon as you possibly can. However, there are certain things you can achieve and do that make the effects of Brexit practically redundant. 

Work Permit Unlockable

One such way is achieving and activating the Work Permit unlockable. This unlockable, which is triggered when you breed a certain amount of foreign players into your team, makes sure ALL work permits are successful, which practically takes away the major difficulty that Brexit brings. It takes the realism element away from your save, but is that a worthy price to pay to enable yourself to buy the foreign talents of your game with no hassle from the Foreign Office?

Poach Off Other English Clubs

You can't scour Europe or any other continent for that matter, so why not look what's at home? Poaching off other English clubs below your current standing for quality players is a good way to guarantee a decent squad for the next season without major permit issues. The players will require permits still if they aren't English, but as they are already playing in England, it shouldn't be a major issue in your quest to build a title winning side. Anyway, what's not to love about winning the Champions League with a solely Premier League Side to prove it is the best league in the world?

Go All English!

England is the home to some beautiful, beautiful things. Big Ben, takeaway shops on every corner and most importantly, the big English breakfast. Thankfully, we don't have a bad crop of footballing stars, either. Brexit already makes your save hard, why not make it even harder and go with a team of purely English talent? Not only will you have an inbox completely clear of ‘Work Permit’ messages, but you'll have the satisfaction of leading England’s finest to a league title and practically managing the National team in an actual league!

Positives Of Brexit In FMM18

So, does Brexit have any positives? Well, yes. It finally makes England a completely unique League compared to that of Spain, Italy and Germany. No other nation in the entire game (apart from maybe Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland) has something that restricts them yet attracts them as much as England does, and Brexit maybe offers the best natural challenge the game has to offer. It also encourages us managers to play in a completely unnatural circumstance where we need to change our transfer strategy drastically in order to, well, survive in a revamped Premier League where every team are going through the struggles you are. So, all in all, Brexit is more of a positive than a negative for not only the Premier League, but the realism element that exists in FMM, however little it is. 

Things To Watch For

Brexit had a few things you need to watch out for however, as things aren't all peachy with the restriction that kicks in around 2019. Firslty, a thing we've covered already, the Work Permit issue is always present so make sure to remember that when planning out your transfer Window. Your budgets tend to drop a few years in but apart from that, Brexit it fairly kind to the player despite the extremely restricted transfers.

So, how you find Brexit In FMM18? Thanks for reading and make sure to comment!

12 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

Good article mate, I’m sure it will help a lot of people. Can you now please stop stalling on this challenge? ;)

Hopefully!

Wouldnt say stalling, just taking my time :P

Great article mate, this will definitely help the newer players come to terms and understanding fully of what brexit means and how they can go about brexit hitting there game. 

Well, I have always been the kind of manager who only utilize the local players. So, I guess no signficant impact for me.

8 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Brexit will be the best thing to happen to the English national team in a long time.

Very true mate, couldn't come quicker in that regard. 

7 hours ago, Giffen said:

Great article mate, this will definitely help the newer players come to terms and understanding fully of what brexit means and how they can go about brexit hitting there game. 

Thanks! Yeah hopefully some newer players can get to grips with it a bit easier. 

2 hours ago, TheServant said:

Well, I have always been the kind of manager who only utilize the local players. So, I guess no signficant impact for me.

You're sorted then mate!

7 hours ago, Titjes said:

Great article mate ;) 

Cheers mate :)

6 hours ago, samhardy said:

One of your tips should have been "Don't play in England". That would solve all the issues :P Nice article. 

Excellent tip that mate but had to make England look good you see :P Cheers!

Good article on Brexit ... Another tip if you have time is to sign dual nationals that are regens.. I think over 5-6 years with Brexit save I was able to find 2-3 dual national regens from S.America. So annoying seeing a bunch of free agents that you can’t sign and bunch wonderkids outside UK can’t touch ?

23 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

Good article on Brexit ... Another tip if you have time is to sign dual nationals that are regens.. I think over 5-6 years with Brexit save I was able to find 2-3 dual national regens from S.America. So annoying seeing a bunch of free agents that you can’t sign and bunch wonderkids outside UK can’t touch ?

Thanks for that tip! Totally agree, very annoying haha

Nice article mate. Personally I have to agree with Sam and say Brexit makes me want to ignore managing in Britain. While it's easy to work around it's influences I simply don't like the fact it limits your options. Sure that can add some challenge but my favourite part of FMM is finding players and experimenting which this hinders, it also impacts things like which leagues you have to load which sucks as again it's limiting, especially for someone who doesn't enjoy regens. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Nice article mate. Personally I have to agree with Sam and say Brexit makes me want to ignore managing in Britain. While it's easy to work around it's influences I simply don't like the fact it limits your options. Sure that can add some challenge but my favourite part of FMM is finding players and experimenting which this hinders, it also impacts things like which leagues you have to load which sucks as again it's limiting, especially for someone who doesn't enjoy regens. 

Thanks mate. I get where you're coming from, Brexit is very much one of those many things where you either love or hate it.

To be fair, I actually hate Brexit :P

I always start off in Holland ( at Feyenoord, AZ or Ajax ) for the great youth. Then after 4/5 season I want to go to a bigger division, mostly England or Italy. This time Chelsea came around the corner. Missed out on a Messi regen due to work permits -.-