Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Joins The Strikerless Bandwagon!

Ashez

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

The anticipation of waiting for the second half is killing me.

That's what I like to hear! 

This or Liverpool will be updated tomorrow but I'm not sure which atm. The LFC update is ready to go but I haven't wrote part three yet but I've not wrote this either. So i suppose if Vibe has a preference let me know, if not it'll depend on my mood, or it will anyway but you could influence my decision lol. 

7 hours ago, PriZe said:

You know you are right when someone overreacts like that?

tenor.gif?itemid=4713913

If you can't handle the banter don't play the game ;)

5 hours ago, Taff said:

Great first half of the season dude, I’m sure it will get even better in the second half

You'll soon find out ;)

3 hours ago, Acidsparxx said:

Get typing bitch! I wanna know how the season ends!

This $#it is gooooood!

10 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Wow @Ashez You certainly like the drama 

:laugh:

72D244BB-DB9B-4FD1-9447-07D1E615D0E4.gif.52df088754ef20c3f9c07c06e127873e.gif

Okay, okay hint taken! I'll do my best to get it out today but I'm not sure what my plans are as yet. If I have time I'll release this, if not it'll be my LFC transfers in update with this Monday, if this happens LFC will come Monday. 

Ashez Joins The Strikerless Bandwagon
Part Two
January To The End Of Season

In part one of this season challenge we saw the mighty Villa deal out some damage as they aim to become the strikerless kings of English football. They sit atop the Championship with a decent cushion with a front three showing decent form as they look to wrap up promotion and those fantasy league points. So far they've claimed 153 points which is a decent total as they aim to achieve 300+ come the seasons end. Can they reach this goal? Let's find out! 

Injuries

Spoiler

RNft3fw.jpg

Only one injury for the front three in this section of the career as Sam picks up another knock. 

The Magic Of The Cup

Spoiler

6U3lQU9.jpg

Villa claim an impressive win against Premier League rivals West Brom with Scott Sinclair showing his pedigree. A derby day the fans will remember for a long time! 

The Magic Killer

Spoiler

uEH9wEF.jpg

The fans were furious as Ashez fielded a weakened side which was brushed aside by the Gunners. 

Results

Spoiler

9EZMwDL.jpg

Villa go strength to strength at the start of the year as the Midlands club charge towards the Premier League. 

n1J6ASh.jpg

And then March comes and the sides form nose dives! This is such a costly run for the side in their attempts to break 300 points! Thankfully the season picks up once March is over as we once again find our form. 

Season Review

W9r7Wqu.jpg

The League

4yKAvmR.jpg

The title and promotion are in the bag as Villa claim 100 points, however the Birmingham side could have capitalized more if they hadn't picked up an incredible 16 draws!! 

Costly March

As the results show March really kicked this attempt in the teeth and it's infuriating! Every save I seem to have i have one bad spell around March that ruins me. At the time I was ten odd points clear in the league and our form nose dived until second place caught up, the second they did I was back to winning ways. SI will claim this bullshit is complacency for my team but it's blatant rubber banding to make the game feel difficult and to add drama. Rubber banding is a gaming term where the AI bend the rules of the game to add challenge, for example in Mario Kart the AI can drive faster than you if you're too far in front or even teleport, this is why in Mario Kart you always have the same AI character up your arse. Obviously I can't be sure this happens in game but I believe it does as I run into this issue so freaking often. In Portugal for example it's easy to get to January undefeated but after that I guarantee you will pick up infuriating results you wouldn't usually suffer unless your team is godly. Yes this is realistic and it doesn't happen every save/season but I hate how the game holds you back with such cheap tactics. Granted I drew a lot of games during the season but that March run devastated me. Seriously check your saves. Anyway let's get this update back on track. 

The Big Disappointment

Spoiler

nd9D7TW.jpg

I've always been a fan of Adrian which is why I brought him in as he's done well for me before, on this evidence however he's now on my never to use again list. 

Manager Profile

Spoiler

arFMKYt.jpg

Those draws are annoying me! :@

The Main Event
The Makeshift Strikers

Scott Sinclair
Stats

Xm5HK8v.jpg

An underused player imo as at the right level he's a beast!

Results

05aTToC.jpg

11 more goals and only one 1 assist! I did expect more from the Englishman but it's not bad considering his injury. 

Sidney Sam
Stats

RgdqwMg.jpg

His stamina developed into a real issue as he wasn't able to complete matches regularly enough. 

Results

vs1oK9x.jpg

Only 5 more goals in half a season? Absolutely disgusted in this awful return! The 3 extra assists may as well never happened n all. Absolutely gutted by this. 

Rodriguinho
Stats

9EdWsz4.jpg

Please be the shining light we need!

Results

KZWnwAn.jpg

The Brazilian can hold his head high as he has a remarkable season. While he only added 10 goals and 9 assists to his total at least he didn't down tools like his partners. Not bad for the wildcard pick, I just wish I picked three wildcards instead of "names". 

Final Score
League Points - 100
Goal Difference - 55
Sinclair - 28
Sam - 29
Rodriguinho - 54
Total - 266

The challenge collapsed in the second half of the season as we failed to match our 153 first half score as we only collect 113 points from January to May. To fall so far short of our 358 target or our back up target of 300 is incredibly frustrating. Especially as this attempt has now turned into the worst submitted score for the challenge by 20 odd points! The players didn't perform and the draws cost us dear but you know what? After it's all said and done I enjoyed this save a bloody lot! I've shown the concept is solid as while I made a mess of this attempt I'm still within touching distance of the other scores so I encourage others to give this method a bash. 

With that this career comes to a disappointing end but I hope you enjoyed the journey, as always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

1 hour ago, NucleusNT said:

Decent score there mate, it’s a tough challenge! Well done

I hoped for more but I can't complain :)

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Nice score mate, It's not a easy as some people think, a good detailed write up, well done mate, just next time get on with it ;) :D

Always leave them wanting more mate ;)

1 hour ago, Paul186 said:

A good attempt, unlucky with the score but a good season and a great write up.

35 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Nice write up and good score mate ;) To bad they slacked some in the 2nd half of the season :O 

Indeed, I couldn't believe how poorly the second half went!

Thanks lads

Just now, Rob2017 said:

Good attempt considering the stand FMM screwjob. Out of interest is your version of FMM post-update?

Cheers mate, it sucks but I suppose it makes careers interesting lol.

Version 9.1.2 as the update isn't live for me yet, this was also played last week tbf. 

I did the update from a month or two ago and I swear it’s made the game a lot ‘fairer’. Aside from the March issue you mentioned, I also find my shots on target are as high as ever, but there seems to be not so many goals as before. Or maybe I’m just cynical and imagining things.

5 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I did the update from a month or two ago and I swear it’s made the game a lot ‘fairer’. Aside from the March issue you mentioned, I also find my shots on target are as high as ever, but there seems to be not so many goals as before. Or maybe I’m just cynical and imagining things.

I haven't really played the game enough to say tbh, but most my issues with the game have been around for multiple releases. Like I've said before I get the game is hard to balance difficulty wise but all of FMM methods feel cheap to me and it's not a real difficulty. I get screwed over for doing well at the game which makes me ask what's the point? I was obviously doing everything right based on previous results but the game was like nope, here comes bad form. Just like my cup exit in the previous update. I think it's more an issue with the style of game than anything but it's the fact you go clear in the league, the game screws you to make it tight again then you bounce back. Maybe I'd rather the AI results scale to match mine earlier on compared to me needing to be screwed to appear difficult. I dunno, I'm obviously not a game developer but I don't like this current system. 

Decent effort, the Championship is a massive grind. We won more but also lost more. Also, Fulham finished 3rd. Not ideal, but it would be interesting to see if they did go up.Screenshot_20171127-122002.thumb.png.dfd9e305619e62f163a097ee6f71fbf8.png

Edited by Seth Anacondas

Really enjoyed the read, it's always nice to see others opinions and tactics when encountering obstacles and this is no different. A thoroughly enjoyable career and still a great score! 

5 hours ago, Seth Anacondas said:

Decent effort, the Championship is a massive grind. We won more but also lost more. Also, Fulham finished 3rd. Not ideal, but it would be interesting to see if they did go up.Screenshot_20171127-122002.thumb.png.dfd9e305619e62f163a097ee6f71fbf8.png

Yeah I took for granted the challenge I knew the Championship offered for sure, in fairness we did scrape a few draws but we also dropped points from a winning position pretty often. I was surprised how few we lost in general considering how things went but we did okay for ourselves. 

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Really enjoyed the read, it's always nice to see others opinions and tactics when encountering obstacles and this is no different. A thoroughly enjoyable career and still a great score! 

Thanks mate :)

Really enjoyable read as usual mate. Looks like you had a frustrating time of it, I found draws to be a bit of a problem during my attempt as well.

What a find Rodriguinho was, I am going to have to sign him at some point.

Good effort here. You did much better with Rodriguinho but then he was only a cover player for me so I guess he needed games.

3 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Really enjoyable read as usual mate. Looks like you had a frustrating time of it, I found draws to be a bit of a problem during my attempt as well.

What a find Rodriguinho was, I am going to have to sign him at some point.

I signed him in case I couldn't get anyone else better and I couldn't but he turned into my star man lmao. The funny old world of FMM hey!

Thanks for updating the Leaderboard btw

3 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Good effort here. You did much better with Rodriguinho but then he was only a cover player for me so I guess he needed games.

He was the surprise package for sure mate!