Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Celtic Champions League Challenge

Can You Win the Champions League with a squad consisting entirely of local players

Thanks to @FuddledFox for helping me put this together

Celtic.jpg.b0f34280c5b9738e58b8cae4f3e867a1.jpg              220px-Flag_of_Scotland_svg.png.137a8f29983b7a95e74b41cbe05d129f.png

celtic-1967-1416147323.jpg&key=503b0309a

History - The Record

Celtic won the European Cup in 1967 with a team consisting of players born and raised in the vicinity of the stadium. Dubbed the Lisbon lions, they won the European Cup after beating Internazionale 2-1 in the final at Estadio Nacional. It was a 15-man squad, 14 of whom were born within 10 miles of Celtic Park and one born within 20 miles. 

The victory was compounded by the style in which they dominated the tournament. The Lions were known to be an expansive team, able to play with great alacrity. This victory will go down in history as the most complete and convincing, having achieved the intended purpose of association football – to groom local talent and increase the stature of the locality. 

Celtic were the first British club to win the European Cup, and still the only Scottish club to have reached the final.

This incredible achievement will never be replicated, with globalisation taking its effect on football and fans' increasing fervour for expensive signings. It is a record is assured of its standing in history. 

Challenge

Take over Celtic in the Scottish Premier League and sell, demote or release any player not Scottish. John "Jock" Stein CBE (5 October 1922 – 10 September 1985) was a Scottish football player and manager. He became the first manager of a British side to win the European Cup, with Celtic in 1967. Stein also guided Celtic to nine successive Scottish League championships between 1966 and 1974.

You have 9 years to win 9 consecutive league titles, whilst also recreating the 'Lisbon Lions' and achieving the ultimate challenge, 'The UEFA Champions League Title'.

Rules

• Your Target is to win the UEFA Champions League & Scottish Premier League
  • Sell, loan, release or Demote any player not Scottish
  • Unlockables may only be used if earned during career
  • No cheating including editing and reloading to avoid injuries, defeats etc.
  • Post a career here on Vibe including screenshots as proof
  • Have fun

• 20 points for each league win.
  • 200 points for winning first CL within the first 3 years
  • 150 points if win first CL between 4-6 years.
  • 100 points for first CL between 7-9 season
  • 100 points every additional CL win.
  • Fail to win the league in any season is challenge over.
  • sacked game over.

Leaderboard (OME & EME on request)

OME

EME

@Ricardo Neves - Score 530 - CAREER

Edited by Cockers2505
update
9 hours ago, Ricardo Neves said:

Next challenge that im trying

good one, online scotish players admittet, tuff

Good luck mate, I've had a go and it's not as easy as it looks, the players out there don't stand up to well against the mighty giants in Europe, but please prove me wrong

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Good luck mate, I've had a go and it's not as easy as it looks, the players out there don't stand up to well against the mighty giants in Europe, but please prove me wrong

Thank you. Until the end of the day I Will post my first season

1 hour ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Hmmm this challenge sounds amazing but Scottish CB’s? Do they even exist? 

We will have to improve. It’s really a challenge to find some good players to build a team for all competitions.