Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm McAndrew003

mcandrew003

Hi! Before we begin, I did do one of these a while ago but it was in a bit of a rough time period so it got taken down. However, as I've come back I'd love to let all the new and, hopefully, older member know a bit more about me! So, let's get into it and I'll try and keep it as brief as I can. 

I won't disclose my actual birth year, but I will say I was born in August on one of the hottest days of the year for that particular year. I'm a passionate United fan, as a lot of you will likely know, but haven't been to a game for a while. In fact, my last game was a 3-2 home win against European heavyweights Fulham, and for some context, this was when Damien Duff was considered slightly competent at kicking a ball :P. I'd love to go to more games but time doesn't allow unfortunately, though I'd consider myself a sofa-fan of the highest order! I also have a passion for European football, where I love keeping up with certain teams that are completely unrelated to United. I'd consider Shaktar Donetsk my second team and I love the stadium, team and the club in general. In regards to my own football experiences, I've played Sunday League for a few years (6 to be exact) but have now been moved up to Saturday League where we play against actual academies at their stadiums! It practically kills my Saturday's but it's worth it to be playing football. 

Now we should look at FMM/FMH. My first Football Manager game was 2011 where I purchased it on the laptop. Since then my love for the main game has dwindled and I've slowly moved over to FMM, where the fast gameplay has matched my low patience and managed to capture my attention for the last 7 years. FMM is the best game ive ever played (apart from Mafia III) and I'm lucky I found it as it's  opened many doors and led me to some great things, like this website! One such thing is my writing. I've got a huge passion for writing, so much so that I'd love to get into Sports Journalism one day. Writing about FMM is such a great experience for me, I love every article I write and the feedback from the community is great. Hopefully you all enjoy my work and I strive to only improve!

I've met many great people on Vibe. I won't name them all as we'll be here for a while but if I've ever held a conversation with you, had a good few jokes or worked on a project together, you definitely apply for that list. Of course I talk to some people more than others but I love every conversation I have with people. I'm more than happy to help with things, as many of you know! 

Well, I reckon that's that! Thanks a lot for reading and I hope you found this interesting even in the slightest way. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Titjes said:

Enjoyable reading mate :)

As a united fan, what do you think of my fellow belgian lukaku? :P

And what position do you play? :D

Thank you mate, glad you enjoyed :)

Luakaku is slowly getting better but he just needs the players around him to suit his style. At the moment it feels like what Benteke was to Liverpool; just didn't suit their style particularly well. Luckily he's fast so he makes up for it but with time I'm sure he'll adapt. 

Currently a Centre Back and have been for the last three years, however I started my 'career' as a right back and have played one season in goal! 

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

I won't disclose my actual birth year

Why??? :) 

Shaktar Donetsk

Why Shaktar?

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

I've met many great people on Vibe.

you can name me, won't hold it against you.

2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Why??? :) 

Why Shaktar?

you can name me, won't hold it against you.

1. Got to keep the mystery real, you know? ;)

2. Well, they were the first real save I had on the full Football Manager where I won the Ukrainian First Division. It was fun, until I cheated and brought Neuer, Van Persie, Nani etc... to my team and realised you're only allowed 5 foreign players in a matchday squad  :@ No but I love their team and how they sign young Brazilian players to build them up. And the stadium, the Donbass Arena, is just beautiful. Jeez that was an essay :P

3. Yeah when I said many people I just meant you <3:P

4 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hello @mcandrew003 thanks for sharing, I've worked out I'm one of the oldest (i think) at 46, embrace it, I find it shows passion for the game

Look forward to you other challenges and careers

Age is just a number in the end mate, doesn't matter how old or young as long as you're contributing towards the community, which is exactly what you're doing with your fantastic careers :)

Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

1. Got to keep the mystery real, you know? ;)

No don't know:@ speak!

4 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Jeez that was an essay :P

But a joy to read :)

5 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

I just meant you <3

I know! Good

Just now, PriZe said:

No don't know:@ speak!

But a joy to read :)

I know! Good

All I'll give you is that I'm below 20 :P

Why thank you :)

There's no other Dutchie for me (until BG comes back from wherever he is :P)

5 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

One day @BatiGoal will do his "hello I'm Batigoal" and then maybe the whole of vibe will know his dark secrets?

1 minute ago, PriZe said:

Oh that hello is ready....

Oh come on lads you've got me interested now :P

5 minutes ago, PriZe said:

What is fake in Thailand??

I've heard he lives in Thailand actually that's one I've heard :laugh:

9 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

He is actually a fishmonger from Grimsby:P.....maybe.

BG's Catch Of The Day :laugh:

10 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

All I'll give you is that I'm below 20 :P

You really below 20? :P 

10 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Thank you mate, glad you enjoyed :)

Luakaku is slowly getting better but he just needs the players around him to suit his style. At the moment it feels like what Benteke was to Liverpool; just didn't suit their style particularly well. Luckily he's fast so he makes up for it but with time I'm sure he'll adapt. 

Currently a Centre Back and have been for the last three years, however I started my 'career' as a right back and have played one season in goal! 

It seems Lukaku should work on his first touch though :P Damn those youtube compilations of his first touch failing so much :P 

Hopefully he "evolves" even more at Man Utd, would love to see what he will do in his prime then :D 

Back line man are you :P You better be good so your keeper doesn't have to much work ;):P 

21 minutes ago, Titjes said:

You really below 20? :P 

It seems Lukaku should work on his first touch though :P Damn those youtube compilations of his first touch failing so much :P 

Hopefully he "evolves" even more at Man Utd, would love to see what he will do in his prime then :D 

Back line man are you :P You better be good so your keeper doesn't have to much work ;):P 

1. Yep :P

2. His touch is awful isn't it haha. Hopefully it improves :laugh:

3. Let's hope so!

4. I am indeed :) I'll be the one man defence :P

Hi mate!

I'll guess you're 12 :P

Nice to know a bit more about you! I do recognize the team of the player in your profile pic :)

/Rafael

16 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

European heavyweights Fulham, and for some context, this was when Damien Duff was considered slightly competent at kicking a ball :P.

Lol, we can't be considered European heavyweights. Eliminating Juventus and reaching the Europa League finals were great, but we are certainly nowhere near that level now.

As for Duff, morale between the OGs like Brede, Murphy and Deuce was pretty high and only waned as teams started spending and we tried to keep up. After years of poor management, we look to have recovered and we are hunting down automatic promotion.

1. Yep :P

2. His touch is awful isn't it haha. Hopefully it improves :laugh:

3. Let's hope so!

4. I am indeed :) I'll be the one man defence :P

Under 18? Don't tell me you're like 12 or so :laugh: 

1 hour ago, rafa said:

Hi mate!

I'll guess you're 12 :P

Nice to know a bit more about you! I do recognize the team of the player in your profile pic :)

/Rafael

Sorry to crash this thread but if we don't see a Rafa re-introduction after all this time I'll be thoroughly disappointed :P

Nice thread @mcandrew003 and stop pretending your birth year isn't 03!! It's pretty obvious :P

I'm not 12 lads don't worry :P

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Sorry to crash this thread but if we don't see a Rafa re-introduction after all this time I'll be thoroughly disappointed :P

Nice thread @mcandrew003 and stop pretending your birth year isn't 03!! It's pretty obvious :P

There's no proof behind that statement, infact 2003 was the birth year of my eight child :P