Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-3-3 (Technically) - The Kop Demands Results

akbrim

With the February transfer update out, I was dying to start a new Liverpool save with a tactic that better reflected what I think I'm seeing when I watch Klopp's tactics.

Note, I started this with what I thought I was seeing, and adjusted to get better results. It's a little odd shaped, but I think it makes sense.

Here's the tactic:

Cb7gQu3.png

Nobody embodies a DF quite like Bobby Firmino. Hard working, can score, but a selfless passer and relentless on the press.

I struggled with the role for Salah, but I think I'm settled on AF. You can try IF for yourself, but I found I got more of the long through balls to put pressure on the back line with the AF role.

Mane is played a bit closer to midfield than Salah, again, the role is a struggle, but I've gotten the best results with him as a Winger, rather than the suggested IF, or even the more accurate AP role based on how he's been playing lately.

The Midfield 3 looks really weird, but let me explain. Based on what I'm seeing, you've got one man (Ox, Lallana, Gini) playing more advanced, but willing to track back if needed, one guy patrolling the middle (Can, Milner, Gini, or in this save, Goretzka, since I got outbid on Keita) and assisting in both attack and defense, and one guy playing deeper (Hendo, Can) where he can help play the ball out of the back.

The roles reflect the discipline that is being required due to the freedom given the front 3. I found that AP/BWM or BBM/DLP leaked goals, and failed to maintain possession even against lesser opponents. AM/CM/DM staggered and offset gives coverage to each level, and makes sure that the heroes are the guys up front.

Wing Backs bombing forward is an obvious choice, as is BPD, and given Karius' penchant for coming out, SK is the choice.

aPDDovo.png

Attacking is the choice, although I will often switch to Control once I have a lead.

Wide because we want space to be creative and get good coverage all over the pitch. Expressive because I refuse to stifle Bobby, Sadio and the Egyptian God.

EDIT: I'm experimenting with Disciplined, to some pretty good results, you might give it a try.

s5b0RRY.png

Defense feels obvious, although sometimes the Offside Trap can be problematic if the wrong tactic is used by the opponent.

gKh56cX.png

I felt that Through Balls was a must for this tactic, as well as Overlap, which meant finding the right setting for our middle option. I feel like I've gotten the best results with Work Into Box, but I've tried SoS and none as well. Your mileage may vary. Short passing for possession, Short GK Dist so we get those line-breaking Van Dijk passes.

Here's my last 3 games (the only one's I have recorded so far with this EXACT tactic, personnel rotated a bit in the midfield and defense):

PX5J2Xe.png

ZsO3BIq.png

WEn4zSL.png

Still early in the season, so there's some more time for IT to work, but I like the results so far. Hopefully we'll get a little better at finishing our chances.

Please let me know how this works for you. You'll Never Test Your Tactic Alone!

Edited by akbrim

Should be congratulating him on a successful tactic really, even if you don’t agree with his interpretation of Klopp’s tactic

Just now, Markcoad said:

Which match engine please?

It’s got clear cut chances on the matches he’s displayed so that would be EME

Interesting take mate, I've also created one which is similar but based on a different version of Klopps 433/442. Not sure if I'll post mine as a tactic but I will be explaining it all in my career :). 

42 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

Should be congratulating him on a successful tactic really, even if you don’t agree with his interpretation of Klopp’s tactic

Just a bitter evertonian...take no bother

15 hours ago, AYB said:

Just a bitter evertonian...take no bother

Perhaps you might just post a shadow striker tactic to get Rooney one last ride? Can't we all have a little fun?

What's wrong with posting a tactic that's completely different from any other 4-3-3 on the site? Blah, first time I've seen a post get shit on and of course it's mine. 

@akbrimdont let it bother you mate. Im might not agree that this is the way that LFc are playing but you look like you've come up with a very good tactic anyway,

1 hour ago, akbrim said:

Perhaps you might just post a shadow striker tactic to get Rooney one last ride? Can't we all have a little fun?

What's wrong with posting a tactic that's completely different from any other 4-3-3 on the site? Blah, first time I've seen a post get shit on and of course it's mine. 

I’ll give the tactic a go

I appreciate this tactic, a nice formation. However it didn't work for me as Arsenal.  I was flying on FMM 18 using wonderful tactics from this forum and even ending up creating my own and winning everything, it seems since the latest update none of these tactic work with any consistency, if anyone has a winning tactic or link to a winning tactic on the new update, please reply here :)

6 hours ago, phila said:

@akbrimdont let it bother you mate. Im might not agree that this is the way that LFc are playing but you look like you've come up with a very good tactic anyway,

I agree that it doesn't look correct on the tactic page, but using the extended highlights option, I think you'll see where I'm coming from. 

6 minutes ago, joshb said:

I appreciate this tactic, a nice formation. However it didn't work for me as Arsenal.  I was flying on FMM 18 using wonderful tactics from this forum and even ending up creating my own and winning everything, it seems since the latest update none of these tactic work with any consistency, if anyone has a winning tactic or link to a winning tactic on the new update, please reply here :)

To be honest, I really don't have a clue how this would work with Arsenal personnel. Thanks for trying it! 

16 minutes ago, akbrim said:

I agree that it doesn't look correct on the tactic page, but using the extended highlights option, I think you'll see where I'm coming from. 

To be honest, I really don't have a clue how this would work with Arsenal personnel. Thanks for trying it! 

For me the player and roles havent ever matter on FMM, its about the tactic beating AI tactic, Arsenal have a lot of good players with good stats, what roles do you think wouldn't fit Arsenal? 

3 hours ago, joshb said:

For me the player and roles havent ever matter on FMM, its about the tactic beating AI tactic, Arsenal have a lot of good players with good stats, what roles do you think wouldn't fit Arsenal? 

Sorry, I wasn't disparaging Arsenal, I've just never used them, so I don't have any opinion whatsoever on their tactics.

So, after reading a few opinions I decided to try setting Creative Freedom to Disciplined for derby day.

In what I'm going to refer to as the Merseyside Massacre, the boys in red put on a show:

AFplEvS.png

this tactic is great! would you mind posting the squad screen so we can see the avg player ratings and the spread of goals please?

Unfortunately like most post update tactics, this one flamed out hard after about a season. *shrug*

Back to the drawing board. 

On 17/04/2018 at 02:57, akbrim said:

Unfortunately like most post update tactics, this one flamed out hard after about a season. *shrug*

Back to the drawing board. 

Found any other good tactics?

18 hours ago, Joshua_DFC said:

Found any other good tactics?

Unfortunately (or fortunately if you enjoy good game design), the AI seems to adapt to just about anything, so just about any tactic will begin to decay very quickly. Most of my success has come with a 4-2-3-1 with IFs. Rotating AP-Treq in the AM spot, and AP/DLP/CM in the midfield.

One easy way to be sneaky and keep the AI from learning your tactic is to start the game Balanced all the way on your shape, and immediately change after the game starts based on what you see from the AI. 

All in all, it's a good game design, keeping the player from just plugging in the same tactic season after season.

On 07/05/2018 at 22:09, akbrim said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately if you enjoy good game design), the AI seems to adapt to just about anything, so just about any tactic will begin to decay very quickly. Most of my success has come with a 4-2-3-1 with IFs. Rotating AP-Treq in the AM spot, and AP/DLP/CM in the midfield.

One easy way to be sneaky and keep the AI from learning your tactic is to start the game Balanced all the way on your shape, and immediately change after the game starts based on what you see from the AI. 

All in all, it's a good game design, keeping the player from just plugging in the same tactic season after season.

you mean the mentality or the tactics shape?

1 hour ago, desmon111 said:

you mean the mentality or the tactics shape?

Mentality and shape. It's a theory of mine that the AI might not be smart enough to adjust to what you change to mid-game, that it just learns from your starting formation.

When I start on Balanced mentality and width, the AI starts defensive and narrow almost every time, and I can change asap to Attacking/Wide.