Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics The Any Team 4-2-3-1

Hi everyone, my 4-2-3-1 tactic seems to be working well with a fair few teams I've tried it with (Manchester United, West Ham, Fulham).

Its pretty simple, but very effective. Utilises as many attacking players a club can have, with a reasonably strong defence.

It does require flexibility and your own tactical knowledge to know whether you have the players to control the game, or better of playing on the break. 

I'll start with my current save of Fulham which has been going surprisingly well (considering I'm currently 1st and the board want a mid table finish).

image.thumb.png.4f032c0a46dc52b99a8e065c0125e33d.png

image.thumb.png.a6ffeb926a0c98ce0ac9c06630040816.png

image.thumb.png.457bbdef89d5e6ad9405acc40d457674.png

It is important to have a good goalkeeper, box-to-box and striker. I find these players the most influential in this formation. A poor/average goalkeeper will concede goals in this formation so invest in one if you have the money. The box-to-box is vital and needs high strength, stamina and positioning. He is the one who is going to take control of your midfield. Finally the striker, I've striked various types of strikers (Target Men, Poachers, Wingers turned Strikers), and I have found the strikers with high pace, shooting and ESPECIALLY movement will carry you through game scoring hat-tricks for fun!! Try and have the rest of your players to a good standard, with decent stamina, technique and teamwork. 

The instructions vary depending on who you are playing as and who you are against. For example, if you are Manchester United facing Swansea (no disrespect intended), you can be fairly certain your players have the quality to keep possession and be in control. Therefore setting tactics to control rather than counter would work better. 

In my Fulham save, I generally use counter against the stronger teams away or againt EPL opposition in the cups. Here are some of my results so far - West ham loss was when my 19 y/o Italian youth centreback decided to get sent off for violent conduct, was 3-1 up at half time..... But other than that, pretty good for a side set for middle table.

image.thumb.png.e0c898881e00ba83f9df7745fb65fae7.png

image.thumb.png.d0e0327e5bf74fb1e1f9bb86e57ffdce.png

I don't have the fixture results of my Manchester United and West Ham saves, but I can show the trophy cabinet with 3 years of each club. I would like to say with West Ham, I got the Champions League final twice, and lost them both to Manchester City and Juventus - but I was still proud of my boys!!

image.thumb.png.af403c4aa1b7182dc9b645f2613d5999.png

image.thumb.png.1e2f035847e8a794b077d0645d79ab62.png

Now, a bit off topic but could be useful for people using a more technically gifted team than most. Its a variant of the one above, but looks as possession more and controlling the game. It does need high quality players, but can end up being a plug-and-play with you becoming so dominant.

image.thumb.png.df4d3035b214b009743dba7bf20efaf0.png

Player roles have changed here with having the playmaker drop into central midfield and having an attacking midfielder. You create a lot more chances, but found without an amazing defence, you are prone to leaking goals here and there. But who cares when you outscore them 5 goals to 1 right....?

Anyway, thanks for reading, if you have any questions or want more screenshots then I'm happy to reply. Cya !!

@FuddledFox

image.png

Edited by PogChamp

I'm not surprised if you're playing with the Feb 2018 database. We have a good possession-based team, and Ryan Sessegnon and Mitrovic are beasts (like IRL).

2 minutes ago, Seth Anacondas said:

I'm not surprised if you're playing with the Feb 2018 database. We have a good possession-based team, and Ryan Sessegnon and Mitrovic are beasts (like IRL).

I don't use Mitrovic - I don't like using loan players. Using Kamara up front with Fonte as back up. But yes, Sessegnon has been doing bits so far!

1 minute ago, PogChamp said:

I don't use Mitrovic - I don't like using loan players. Using Kamara up front with Fonte as back up. But yes, Sessegnon has been doing bits so far!

Just sell Fonte and reinvest the money.

7 minutes ago, Seth Anacondas said:

Just sell Fonte and reinvest the money.

I didn't want to change too much straight away. He looks alright on the game, pretty average back up striker. Just bought two centre backs as there seems be a general lack of depth in defence.