Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What does influence reputation?

That is not true. Every game played affects your reputation a tiny bit. So it is more visible when you actually win a title or promotion, but the game is actually tweaking your reputation after every match.

1 hour ago, rafa said:

That is not true. Every game played affects your reputation a tiny bit. So it is more visible when you actually win a title or promotion, but the game is actually tweaking your reputation after every match.

I'd be surprised if it went as smoothly as that especially with how flawed reputation has been as well as the manager points in the last few years. Saying that, I'm looking forward to seeing this information presented in detail with the famous Rafa graphs making an appearance :P

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I'd be surprised if it went as smoothly as that especially with how flawed reputation has been as well as the manager points in the last few years. Saying that, I'm looking forward to seeing this information presented in detail with the famous Rafa graphs making an appearance :P

Haha, it's basically the same system since Championship Manager.

There are a few hidden attributes: "Home Reputation", "Current Reputation" and "World Reputation"

All these attributes can vary between 0-10000.

• Home Reputationis your reputation with teams of the same nationality as you.
  • Current Reputation is the main in-game reputation and generally the most important one
  • World Reputation I don't remember well. May be the reputation with other teams besides your nationality, or might be used to apply for National Jobs. Not very sure about this one.

When you apply for jobs the game compares your rep with the club's rep - if yours is higher you may get the job (depending on other applicants rep as well). Which rep the game uses depends on your nationality and the club's nationality.

When you start the game you can choose your initial rep. In Football Manager PC it used to be like this:

• International Footballer, "Home Reputation", 8000, "World Reputation", 4000
  • Professional Footballer, "Home Reputation", 6000, "World Reputation", 3000
  • Semi-Professional Footballer, "Home Reputation", 3250, "World Reputation", 1625
  • Sunday League Footballer, "Home Reputation", 1500, "World Reputation", 750

Current rep being the same as Home rep in these cases.

These values fall into different categories in-game, from Unproven to World Class, depending on what country you currently or last played in.

So starting the game as a Sunday League footballer would give you an unproven rep in England, but maybe a regional or national rep in Wales. It is important to know that, as a National rep in England is worth way more in game terms than a National rep in, let's say, Ireland.

The rep changes a little bit for every game you play, even friendlies. The amount it changes depends on what are your odds of winning and the importance of the game. If you are predicted to win, you will probably lose a bit of rep if you draw.

Match odds are calculated by using the club's rep, current form and home advantage. So you can notice that if you get a crappy club and keep winning, the odds will slowly start shifting more your way.

The rep change is also normally distributed, so a 1-0 win will give you less rep than a 6-0 win. The more the result diverges from the predicted result, the more rep is affected.

In the PC version, matches played while on holiday (managed by the assman) do not affect your rep. I am unsure about the FMM version.

A great way to increase your rep is to take over a national team, specially smaller countries with great players.

But the biggest rep changes comes from rep bonuses:

• Getting your team promoted, possibly qualifying for European cups as well
  • Winning the league
  • Either winning or losing a cup or tournament final (Winning gets you about twice the amount of rep as losing)
  • Winning Manager of the month or Manager of the year. (Not that much, but every bit helps)

Those are worth hundreds of points in your rep attribute. And the better the league/competition, the more points it is worth.

That would be nice if it happend in this game. But no. On FMM18 I see midlle table portuguese teams getting continental reputation managers, and I getting stuck with regional rep after a series of good results with low tier teams. It's impossible to move up the chain without winning first division titles. @rafa

13 hours ago, bestmanager99 said:

That would be nice if it happend in this game. But no. On FMM18 I see midlle table portuguese teams getting continental reputation managers, and I getting stuck with regional rep after a series of good results with low tier teams. It's impossible to move up the chain without winning first division titles. @rafa

It does happen in the game, but it doesn't mean that the system is flawless. From what you describe, it seems that too many managers in-game have too high reputations - therefore they're applying for lower level teams. I'm not sure about what timeframe you're talking about, but I had no problems too move up the chain in my only long term save. It does take a few years to build reputation - so don't expect continental reputation after an year or so.

If that bugs you so much, just start the game with a higher reputation.