Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Work Permit Unlockable

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how exactly do you get the work permit unlockable and what is the easiest way of achieving it?

My understanding is that you have to sign a certain number of players who require work permits.

I was thinking an easy way to get this would be to start a new save as Barca/Real Madrid/ PSG, as they have strong reps they should be able to sign anyone they want, and just take holiday for the matches then repeat each transfer season.

Would this work?

Does anybody know how many players I would need to sign to get this?

I really want to get rid of Brexit before I start a new save.

Thanks

The way I do it every year is to just start a save with City or someone rich and buy a whole bunch of South American/Asian players with a decent amount of international caps. After a certain amount of players you'd get the unlockable. It can take quite a few though.

1 minute ago, Downamite said:

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how exactly do you get the work permit unlockable and what is the easiest way of achieving it?

My understanding is that you have to sign a certain number of players who require work permits.

I was thinking an easy way to get this would be to start a new save as Barca/Real Madrid/ PSG, as they have strong reps they should be able to sign anyone they want, and just take holiday for the matches then repeat each transfer season.

Would this work?

Thanks

Start as a top team with good finances like you said. Then just sign lots of cheap random players that require work permits. I just concentrated on Brazilian and Argentinians. You can also sell your high value players to raise funds to do this.

After around 20 - 25 signings you will activate the remove work permit option.

After this just restart your game and the work permit option is there...

17 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Start as a top team with good finances like you said. Then just sign lots of cheap random players that require work permits. I just concentrated on Brazilian and Argentinians. You can also sell your high value players to raise funds to do this.

Hey, i have another question on this.

Does the unlockable also apply to players you sell?

The amount of players i try to sell that have deals fall through due to work permits is driving me crazy.

18 hours ago, Downamite said:

Hi Everyone,

Would this work?

Thanks

Just to add to that, I don't think starting with a non-English club is the way to go, as they don't have the work permit issues that British clubs have. Man City is probably the best option around.

added 0 minutes later
53 minutes ago, Downamite said:

Hey, i have another question on this.

Does the unlockable also apply to players you sell?

The amount of players i try to sell that have deals fall through due to work permits is driving me crazy.

And I don't think selling players affects the unlockable I'm afraid.

23 hours ago, DutchTony said:

This exactly.

Also, with Man City, you can do the Transfer unlockable at the same time. Just list Aguero, Sterling and KDB, make as much as you can, keep selling if it doesn't unlock, all while signing free 30+ year olds with 20+ caps.

Just make sure that the player you sign requires a permit, if you don't get the message "Billy Bob Vasquez's signing has been delayed due to work permit" you aren't getting credit toward the achievement. Just cancel the signing if the message doesn't pop up.

Only takes about 15 minutes to unlock both.

I can't seem to get it to unlock. Done 3 preseasons just starting a new game each time signing a tonne of players that needed permits. Must have been well over 40 players. 

Do these count? Also once unlocked will it actually work on a save that already exists?

I run a new career as Man Utd, activate Sugar Daddy or sell all my players and then buy as many Russians and South Americans as possible until I get the notification that I can use the unlockable.