Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Football Manager Touch Potentially On Nintendo Switch

Ashez

https://nintendoeverything.com/football-manager-touch-2018-rated-for-switch-in-south-korea/

Check out @milesSI’s Tweet:

Potentially interesting news and something I wondered since the Switch was announced, I even remember asking as it seemed a no brainer. Especially as the Switch really does seem the natural progression from the PSP/Vita. I've still never played FMT as FMM is for me but this is intriguing news. Thanks to @FuddledFox for the heads up. 

@Jens @Real_Random

3 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I have thought they might do this since I got my switch. Not sure if I will get it myself as I have never enjoyed FMT as much as I enjoy FMM but certainly interesting news.

If it launches cheap I may try it but there is no chance I'd touch 2018 this late in the year at full price, maybe for 2019 though. I've always wanted to try FMT but I've never had the opportunity and due to the reasons Jens mentioned I'm somewhat scared to haha. 

Omg! The potential of a physical release again :O

Tbh I can see why they wouldn't port FMT and FMM but I'd take FMM on the Switch if it had on TV play, actually that also goes for FMT as if it's handheld only I'll be less interested. 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I fell out with fmm for 2 years because of touch. I will definitely be picking this up! 

The second I saw this I thought of you :D

51 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Very interesting, hopefully more info is released soon. Like you said @Ashez it seems a no brainer.

Indeed!

It has the 3d pitch view aswell.....i need to get myself a switch now!

I think Miles needs to get working on 3d for the Mobile version.

Releasing at £29.99?!?!?! At this time of year? More expensive than the PC/tablet version so I've read? No online? Screw that for a laugh. 

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Releasing at £29.99?!?!?! At this time of year? More expensive than the PC/tablet version so I've read? No online? Screw that for a laugh. 

Thats alot! You have persuaded me to reconsider.

6 minutes ago, Putzy said:

Yeah. The price tag is a bit of a joke honestly.... it'll be for "poor sales performance" that they likely won't repeat this next year unfortunately... :( 

I can only assume it's an easy port as if not they'd have been better off waiting for 2019. I expected it to be £15-20 which is still pricey for this time of year but £30 for digital only? They're having a laugh. If it was physical I could understand the Switch tax due to the carts but being £10 more expensive just kills it dead.

59 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I blame Nintendo for the price. It's always the same with every game

Physically I'd agree as the big carts are too expensive atm and Nintendo should eat that cost, digitally though I think it's up to the publishers? Or I know it is with Indies anyway. Personally I've found most games available at decent prices, even first party games are around £40 at launch, with Zelda being the exception. Digital vs physical pricing is a tad annoying though as the digital version has to be the same price to not annoy retail stores. Anyway I suppose this is more a conversation for the Nintendo thread. 

I immediately bought it. 30 pounds isn't really an issue to me as I tend to buy few games and play them A LOT. First impression is a throwback to the vita days, but a bit snappier and quicker. Should be even more fluid though. I'll update after a while. 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I immediately bought it. 30 pounds isn't really an issue to me as I tend to buy few games and play them A LOT. First impression is a throwback to the vita days, but a bit snappier and quicker. Should be even more fluid though. I'll update after a while. 

I await with interest :)

12 hours ago, Ashez said:

Physically I'd agree as the big carts are too expensive atm and Nintendo should eat that cost, digitally though I think it's up to the publishers? Or I know it is with Indies anyway. Personally I've found most games available at decent prices, even first party games are around £40 at launch, with Zelda being the exception. Digital vs physical pricing is a tad annoying though as the digital version has to be the same price to not annoy retail stores. Anyway I suppose this is more a conversation for the Nintendo thread. 

I don't know who decide the digitally and physically prices but here in Portugal physical is usually cheaper. 

Currently played a couple of hours. I really forgot how slow it goes on more expansive fm's. But the experience is good. Takes some getting used to having to use the joy con's to call up menu's, but once you do, it's easy to get around. 3d games are awesome and I've really missed some of the depth, even though I'd forgotten about it. If you're better at the tactics part then I am, then this is the game for you ?

2 hours ago, Jens said:

Currently played a couple of hours. I really forgot how slow it goes on more expansive fm's. But the experience is good. Takes some getting used to having to use the joy con's to call up menu's, but once you do, it's easy to get around. 3d games are awesome and I've really missed some of the depth, even though I'd forgotten about it. If you're better at the tactics part then I am, then this is the game for you ?

How about the touch screen? 

10 hours ago, zaangie said:

How about the touch screen? 

Works a charm. Only problem is that you also need the joycons and that you can't do everything with the touch screen alone