Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The 'Old And Past it' Challenge...

Woody

Welcome to the Old & Past it Challenge

Or 'OAP' for short!

dvfc1015-gallery-43gramns33rme.jpg.f404da71522a4b928adab2997c8d47b4.jpg

This actually came about from the Peter Hinds Challenge, and i thought if you can do a challenge with one golden oldie then why not many?

Well after a little bit of help from @FuddledFox i have come up with a challenge for you all to try.

I wanted to find out what is the average age a player retires....

So after a little Googlin' i found out that its actually 35.

When players reach a certain age they usually get shipped off to pastures new, so my challenge to you is to give these spritely fellows one last crack at the big time.

I think its time we gave these 'Golden Oldies' a big send off don't you?!

There are a ton of really good 'older' players in the game and it's your job to build a squad and scrap it out for 1 season and show those young upstarts how its done!

GUIDELINES

Choose any club you like and as many leagues as you like.

Once you have your chosen team you must demote/sell anyone in your squad who is younger than 35.

Buy/loan anyone you want who is 35 and over to fill your squad.

Squad limit is 22(more on this later).

You have until the end of the summer transfer window to finalise your squad as you can no longer buy anyone after that so proof will be needed.

POINTS SCORING

+1 FOR EVERY LEAGUE POINT 

+/- GD

+2 FOR EVERY CUP ROUND PASSED(COUNTRY'S VERSION OF FA CUP ONLY COUNTS)

+5 FOR EVERY PLAYER OVER 40 WHO SCORES A GOAL(if he turns 40 during the season only goals scored after his birthday count)

+10 BONUS  FOR A CUP WIN

+15 FOR A LEAGUE WIN

Now for an extra twist.....

I've limited your squad size because your average squad age will be added to your overall total...so the older your squad the more points you'll get.

RULES

Usual challenge rules apply....so no bloody cheating!!

Have fun!!

LEADERBOARD

Edited by Acidsparxx

I see the stress and frustration of this save turning any challengers into OAPs! 

This is my favourite OAP based challenge, it's one I've always wanted to try actually hmmm. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

I see the stress and frustration of this save turning any challengers into OAPs! 

This is my favourite OAP based challenge, it's one I've always wanted to try actually hmmm. 

I missed out on that with joining not joining the site till after then....