Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Bohemians 3-2-3-2 - Ultra Free Scoring (All Levels)

Hi all,

First time poster.  When I first downloaded this version in December I wondered if my 3-2-3-2 from 2017 would work on the 2018 EME.  My old version had 3 centre backs, defensive mentality and secured nice wins and clean sheets aplenty.  What became quickly obvious on the EME was that 3 at the back formations tend to leak a lot more goals against the run of play.

I visited the forums and saw a few variants of what I was using and put into good use.

I have started a three concurrent games, one with AC Milan, another with Salford and another with Bohemians of Ireland for a real challenge.

Same tactic has yielded great results from a team at the top, as well as at the bottom.  With this tactic I scored so many goals and got Salford promoted consecutively to the premier league.  With Bohemians, wiped the league every year and finally got the league standards up enough through my European antics to attract the players for a Champions League.

The key of this tactic is to not fear the goals you concede.  Trust me, you will concede perhaps more that you are comfortable with at times owing to the sole centre back.  Two full backs push forward a lot leaving you heavily exposed.  There's a plus, however, and it's a big one.  This formation yields an awful lot of goals, especially for your AF and IF's.  I usually score at least 200 goals in all competitions.

As for players, it's all about physicality.  Get players with pace, stamina and strength all over the pitch and build from there.

Screenshots below.  Whilst the Irish league naturally not the strongest, take a look at the match records set in the European Cup to tell you what this can deliver!  Expects some wacky results!

Please provide feedback on how you get on!

IMG_5935.PNG

IMG_5936.PNG

IMG_5937.PNG

IMG_5938.PNG

IMG_5939.PNG

IMG_5940.PNG

IMG_5941.PNG

IMG_5942.PNG

IMG_5943.PNG

Being a Shamrock rovers supporter, I can't bear the sight of this satanic post.

Well done mate, great results. Don't know how you're able to play so many seasons in the Irish league seeing as once you get a good team you can pretty much just walk the league. :P

15 hours ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Being a Shamrock rovers supporter, I can't bear the sight of this satanic post.

Well done mate, great results. Don't know how you're able to play so many seasons in the Irish league seeing as once you get a good team you can pretty much just walk the league. :P

I am fully impartial on the subject.  I just liked the AC Milan colour scheme.....!

I kept going until I got the Champions League win but still have an appetite, keep moving the benchmarks.  I want to build an all Irish team now as my youth setup is good enough and delivering prospects.  Only once have I got a perfect score on manager stats, as it stands my domestic player bias is 3.  Still got plenty of seasons left......!

Didn't work with a Leeds test. Conceded loads and was on the wrong end of a lot of batterings.

Will try it again with another club.

Testing this with Yeovil, newly promoted to League One. Not lost many games yet (but still early, I'll keep you posted) and I'm very pleased with it so far. It can be quite leaky, but I believe this to be down to my first choice CB having a broken leg :(

Another thing I really like are the player ratings, and the IFs perform amazingly, scoring and assisting plenty!

I did want to ask how your AM performs, as mine is struggling to get any consistent performances, and he is one of the better players on my team. Also what kind of ratings does your CB get?

I'll post results at the end of the season.

Edited by itzChris92
19 hours ago, itzChris92 said:

Testing this with Yeovil, newly promoted to League One. Not lost many games yet (but still early, I'll keep you posted) and I'm very pleased with it so far. It can be quite leaky, but I believe this to be down to my first choice CB having a broken leg :(

Another thing I really like are the player ratings, and the IFs perform amazingly, scoring and assisting plenty!

I did want to ask how your AM performs, as mine is struggling to get any consistent performances, and he is one of the better players on my team. Also what kind of ratings does your CB get?

I'll post results at the end of the season.

Hi pal thanks for the feedback.

Initially I had the AM as an AP, but the passing stats for whatever reason suffered which resulted in less possession.  Having as an AM, I ensure I have a player with good positioning, shooting and movement.  As the tactic is set to shoot on sight, the AM is more inclined to shoot than to pass resulting in more goals, and higher average rating overall.  I've not really tried any other role so certainly worth experimenting.

The centre back position is more volatile.  Lower leagues always tough finding a star in this position, but someone with as strong physical stats as you can get will do ok.  However, regardless of level, because the position is exposed I get one bad performance (ie a 5) in every 4 or 5 games, usually owing to a mistake.  I may change from CB to Limited and see if this makes an improvement.  Having them as ball playing causes all sorts of chaos!  My full backs the same, at lower levels try having them as FB to go forward more.  I set back to DFB because in the Champs League wingers were running amock against me.

Glad your getting same results with the IFs, they run riot, as does my AF.  Whatever you do, try and sign Barkhuizen from Preston if the opportunity knocks - he goes nuts as AF in this formation!