Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Chuba Akpom - a 1K attempt - COMPLETE

Great great career !! Congrats on the completion :D 

Do you mind talking about your tactics and even sharing some more details about it -- the shape, attacking inst, defensive inst etc.

Cheers :) 

14 hours ago, Gvicii said:

Great great career !! Congrats on the completion :D 

Do you mind talking about your tactics and even sharing some more details about it -- the shape, attacking inst, defensive inst etc.

Cheers :) 

Thanks very much.

Mentality was overload, balanced, fast, balanced.  I would never use overload on a normal career but as this was a goal scoring challenge i kept it on, there were certain cup games where i should have tweaked when winning to avoid costly late goals but i just let it ride. I wanted the tempo to be quick but just left the other two as balanced.

Defensive line was balanced, closing down all over, committed normal, no offside trap or time wasting. Closing down all over usually gets you a few goals a season just from the striker cutting out a defensive pass or closing down the keeper/defence.

Attacking i had early crosses, work into box and through balls, mixed, centre, mixed. Early crosses as i played with wingers and really wanted them to look at crossing the ball at every opportunity they got and work into box and through balls to really try and focus all of our attacking towards the striker. The idea behind focusing our passing central was for two reasons - first i had three central midfielders and an AM so plenty of bodies in the middle of the park to hopefully route the ball through to the striker, secondly (and this is just a theory rather than anything concrete) keeping the ball central left my two wingers in more space so if the ball did find its way out to them they had a better chance of delivering a good cross.  I left the other two options as mixed as to not restrict the team to short/long etc.

I did tweak a lot of these instructions throughout the career to see if there was a marked improvement but this is what i always came back to as the strongest.

@smoggy90 Great achievement you got there! Hoping to see more of you!

Edited by Philipizmo
Because I didn't read the whole article when he post about the tactics. Silly me.