Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Android Samsung

Snip

Afternoon all.

ive just moved over to a Samsung S9 from an iPhone and got a few questions. On my iPhone I had 8 game save slots, 4 for the device and 4 for the cloud, can I also get 8 on the Samsung? At the moment I only have 4.

also gameplay is fine, but the in match highlights suffer from bad lag.. surely that can’t be right? I’ve googled it but can find a solution. A 3 year old iPhone had rock solid playback.

1 other minor one, but when selecting starting 11 and subs choosing players to fill the slots by selecting the box next to them is very hit and miss

any ideas? Doesn’t need to be an Android vs iPhone debate.

cheers all

No cloud saves on Android as far as I know other than moving save files into Dropbox or Google drive for safe keeping. Thats one area where IoS has the advantage.

Not sure on the other issues such as lagging highlights but maybe one of the SI guys may have more idea. @aligempf @Alari

Thanks Foxy

Good idea to move the saves,. Just need to label them i guess to keep track. Do they need to be labelled back to how they were for them to work?

I was shocked to get lag on such a top of the range phone. It must be fixable, it’s not like FM is even graphics heavy. 

7 minutes ago, Snip said:

Thanks Foxy

Good idea to move the saves,. Just need to label them i guess to keep track. Do they need to be labelled back to how they were for them to work?

I was shocked to get lag on such a top of the range phone. It must be fixable, it’s not like FM is even graphics heavy. 

Yes if you change the file name you must rename them when you put them back into the save game folder. You can change which of the four slots you put them back into though by changing the number of you have another game in that slot.

28 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Instead of worrying about renaming the files I'd suggest just using folders. 

Thats what i do....😆

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Thats what i do....😆

My set up (outside of this I have tactic, player and idea folders)

NdIyigL.jpg

All my careers have their own folder, inside those folders you find more like season 1, opening post info, tactics and saves for said career. Then inside those folders I organise all the images and that stuff, I dunno I just like being organised. Being able to do it all on my device without needing a PC is amazing, that alone makes Android so much better than iOS imo. 

I can't believe I wrote this that many years ago but these are the methods I use, the image "breaker" one is soooo helpful! 

The lag is probably caused by the OS, by whenever changes and "optimisations" Samsung have implemented to change the stock Android to their own version. I say this because I myself have been playing on Android on two separate devices and a friend of mine is also on an Android mid-range device and there is no lag, playing with largest database and EME. All I can suggest is lowering the resolution to full HD before starting the game, maybe that helps. Samsung’s Android allows you to do that.

It may also be possible that the game isn't fully optimized for these new types of tall, full-screen displays, with slightly atypical resolutions, like all new flagships have now. But nothing you can do about that, assuming that is the issue. I remember reading something about the game having some problems running on the iPhone X because of this thing.

You could of course root the phone and try a custom ROM... Maybe it would help, though I'm not sure you'd want to do that just because of this game...

Edit:

Edited by Pista

Thanks all.

i hadn’t thought that the game might not be optimised. But then the S8 has a similar display and that’s been around for a while. 

I am loving that organising Ashez. Makes total sense, and yes that is one aspect of Android that is far better than IOS. This is the first time I’ve ever used the face & logo packs because they were so easy to do on Android.

FM is the only game I play on my phone so fingers crossed I can find the problem, surprised nobody else has come across it. 

Putting the resolution down to hd definitely helped. It fills the whole screen in game, I don’t think I can change that, I did take a look.

one more question, are you guys able to minimise the game and go back to it with it still open? The Samsung seems quit the game a lot if I switch to another app.

29 minutes ago, Snip said:

are you guys able to minimise the game and go back to it with it still open? The Samsung seems quit the game a lot if I switch to another app.

I use Mrs F's old LG phone to play FMM on as I don't have enough storage on my phone. I can go back to to the phone front screen by swiping down and then hitting the circle icon on the side. Then I just press the FMM18 icon and it takes me back to the game.

12 hours ago, Snip said:

Putting the resolution down to hd definitely helped. It fills the whole screen in game, I don’t think I can change that, I did take a look.

one more question, are you guys able to minimise the game and go back to it with it still open? The Samsung seems quit the game a lot if I switch to another app.

Glad the resolution thing helped. However it shouldn't have been necessary to do that, I suggest posting on the SI Games forums about this issue.

As for the other thing, that has to do either with Samsung's more aggressive memory management or with the battery optimization settings in the OS. Nothing you can do about the former, however for the latter go to Settings - Battery - Battery Optimization, select FMM 2018 and set it to "don't optimize". Might help.