Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The Vibe Olympics 2018

63598092-FF5D-4ABE-8A10-341CEEA3EFB4.png.1817acf428e0c5133755de5bf01f7e73.png

It’s that time of year again! Welcome Vibe to the newest edition of the Vibe Olympics. The competition based on the famous Olympic games returns to Vibe for the 2018 edition. For those of you unaware of what the games are then please have a read of the link below.

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/39836-arobbo92-mcandrew003-present-the-vibe-olympic-games/

As always, credit goes to the creator of this competition @mcandrew003, who unfortunately has too busy a schedule to host this time around. Therefore I will be hosting in his place, along with the help of my good friend @Titjes who has kindly offered to co-host and lighten the burden on myself. Another Viber we must thank is @Foxy, as without him I’m not sure the competition would have gone ahead. So for that, I’m sure I speak on behalf of the community in thanking you for your continuous effort to this wonderful site of ours.

The Games

This years edition will consist of 12 participants (we can push for a couple more if there’s huge interest) who will put their football management skills to the test in a series of 5 challenges created by myself and my co-host @Titjes. The structure of the competition has changed slightly for this years edition, and will be based upon the 100m sprint format. In short, there will be 4 heats followed by the final. The bottom two from each heat will be eliminated from the competition. So even if you end up in 10th place after the first heat, you could still become our Olympic champion.

History of the Games

This being the third edition of the competition here on Vibe, I feel it is only fair to have a look back at our previous winners attempts.

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/39836-arobbo92-mcandrew003-present-the-vibe-olympic-games/

@Taff, our first Olympic champion and our current silver medal holder. He won the first competition in emphatic fashion, being stuck to the podiums throughout the tournament. Can our resident bunny reach the gold once more? Or will he crumble under the pressure?!

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/40438-the-vibe-olympics-v2-final-results/

And @PriZe, our current Olympic champion and one of this years Vibe Premier League finalists. The smart money is on the panda to retain his crown as he aims to continue his wave of dominance over Vibe.

How to Join?

This will be an open competition, so any one of you can join. All we ask is that you can meet the deadlines set and be a good sport throughout. Simply comment with the nation you want to represent from the table below. Also guys, please remember to follow this thread so you don’t miss any updates/challenges/deadlines etc. Two spots have already been reserved for our two former champions, @PriZe and @Taff. If they do not wish to compete then further spaces will become available.

Nations.thumb.png.4930dc92f0268ae65c12b9b3e6394d74.png

The Challenges

Each challenge will last just 16 league games to mark the 16 days of the Olympics. The only difference is that the final round will be contested over the course of a full league season. The challenges created will push you to your FMM limits, whilst travelling far and wide trying out teams and players you’d never have thought of using before. Due to the shortness of the challenges we will be imposing a 5-7 day deadline set by myself and @Titjes. Any participants who fail to meet the deadline will be eliminated from the competition. No exceptions.

Rules

• EME only
  • Own tactics only
  • No unlockables, IGE or any outside software
  • November database only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshot will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadlines set will mean an automatic ejection from the competition - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do this will mean an automatic ejection from the competition.
  • And the most important rule, have fun!

4 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Sign me up if there’s room. I’ll go Italy or Holland. 😃👍

Italy it is! Thanks for signing up! 😁

added 0 minutes later
24 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Great intro mate, now let the participants come :)

Sign me up ;)

As Belgium is no option, I have to go for me 2nd nationality.. Germany please :D

Germany it is! Good luck 

Looks very interesting. First time taking part in a Vibe event. I will try my best to meet the deadlines in my packed schedule.

I'll pick France.

34 minutes ago, RipRip said:

Looks very interesting. First time taking part in a Vibe event. I will try my best to meet the deadlines in my packed schedule.

I'll pick France.

France it is! Thanks for signing up!

20 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

I’m going with Japan yet again!

Thanks mate! Good luck!

19 minutes ago, sanderfkong said:

I’ll go for Netherlands :)

Good luck! I’m not sure @PriZe will be happy with your pick though! 😂

14 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Thanks for you kind words @NucleusNT but it's you and @Titjes that have put the work into this.

I better get on in on this quick as it's filling fast😀

Just call me Vladimir Foxski as I pick Russia.

B614BED9-735D-40D8-97CC-B8693C5139EC.gif.922a1b6952ba87ed60473d6052a7d37d.gif

27 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Thanks for you kind words @NucleusNT but it's you and @Titjes that have put the work into this.

I better get on in on this quick as it's filling fast😀

Just call me Vladimir Foxski as I pick Russia.

Thanks and thank you for the fantastic graphics as always Vladimir Foxski ;) :laugh:

I won't be entering this as I'm taking a break from FMM the next few weeks as soon as I've played the VPL final.

Really looking forward to following it and seeing if we get a familiar faced major event champion or a first time winner.

Right...count me in!!

Got me game face on and i'm ready to rumble 😎

As i am 1/8 Spanish and i've adopted Rafa as my dad, i would like to represent them.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Right...count me in!!

Got me game face on and i'm ready to rumble 😎

As i am 1/8 Spanish and i've adopted Rafa as my dad, i would like to represent them.

Glad to have you on board! 

5 places left guys!

Edited by NucleusNT

Hmm..Haven't been on the forum for most of 18 due to me not buying the game until last week,but heck,this is a good chance to get back to old habits.

Count Me In!

I'll take Brazil,hopefully this year I get to participate much more longer than last year where I didn't even finish the first event.😂 

Good to be back.

Edited by Harish
14 minutes ago, Taff said:

I’m in have to try and win my Gold Medal off that thieving Panda

and since I’m 0/10 South Korean I’ll take them

Good to have you on board! 

3 spaces left guys! 4 countries to choose from as @PriZe hasn’t let me know which country he wants to represent. GBR, China, Australia and Hungary left. 

Edited by NucleusNT
8 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

Stick me down as GB please

Representing GB!

2 spaces left guys! Choice of China, Australia and Hungary left to choose from.

37 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Only one space left @Ashez!!!!!😉

I’ve tried twisting his arm but I think he’s ignoring the subject until all the spaces are filled! 😉

As I'm well past my peak and living off former glories I'll be Hungary!

This message was typed six hours ago but I didn't post it, as the team I picked is left I'll take that as a sign. 

Gold, GOLD! Ashez is gooooooiiiinnngggg for Goooooold!

37 minutes ago, Ashez said:

As I'm well past my peak and living off former glories I'll be Hungary!

This message was typed six hours ago but I didn't post it, as the team I picked is left I'll take that as a sign. 

Gold, GOLD! Ashez is gooooooiiiinnngggg for Goooooold!

Do you even own FMM18?