Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The Vibe Olympics 2018

39 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

Mine is done, I must admit that the starting was bad in discipline for me but I cleaned up after a tactic change after I felt we were giving away too many yellow cards in the first few games. Quietly confident of my round but what do you know, I did lose 6-2 to Barcelona ;)

If your striker got both the goals then it’d have been a cracking result as their rating would have been high, which is the beauty of this challenge.

Agreed, winning isn't everything, you could draw 6-6 but if your chosen striker manages to score and assist most of the goals you could still come away with a hefty points bonus and a good average rating

7 minutes ago, Titjes said:

My results are in and they are most likely the worst in this round :laugh:

The cards killed me :laugh:

And so is mine!

Now to wait for the results...

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna finish last again,everyone is worrying about the cards when I'm worried about the awfully low number of goals my strikers have scored🙄.

Heat 2 - The Results

Over the past week all of you were tasked with taking a duo of strikers from either the Czech Republic or the USA, and aim for decathlon glory. Madrid was the destination, but how did you all perform under the hot Spanish sun?

Before we get into the results, I must inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, Lenthewelsh has withdrawn from the competition and Vibe as a whole by the looks of things. So that means that only one of you will be eliminated in this heat and 8 of you will progress into the third heat.

As for striker choices, five of you went for the Czech Republic duo of Vaclav Cerny and Matej Vydra. Whilst the other four of you opted for the American duo of Gyasi Zardes and Aron Jóhannsson. So how did their Average ratings look for you?

Well bringing up the rear with an average rating of 7.37 for his Czech duo is @Ashez He was snapping at the heels of @Woody and @Rob2017 who had average ratings of 7.75 and 7.90 respectively. @Titjes comes in 6th place in this part of the challenge with an average rating of 8.06, he was narrowly beaten by @Harish and @Foxy who had an average rating of 8.12 and 8.31 respectively. And now for the top three for average ratings. @Taff and his American duo come in third place with an average rating of 8.56, he was pipped for second placed by @RipRip with an average rating of 8.75. And coming in first place on the Average ratings side of things is @chewkaiwen who’s American duo had a huge average rating of 9.00. A cracking score that if I do say so myself. 

Average Rating Scorecard

But as we all know, there were other factors in this challenge that could greatly swing things in any way possible. Your chosen strikers goals came into play next, and our top scorer for this heat was @chewkaiwen with 25 goals from his duo, a great total from you my friend. Our lowest scorer was @Rob2017 with 14 goals between his duo. Adding up the Average rating and goals points puts us in this position...

Spoiler
  1. @chewkaiwen
  2. @RipRip
  3. @Foxy
  4. @Taff
  5. @Titjes
  6. @Harish
  7. @Woody
  8. @Rob2017
  9. @Ashez

So as it stands now, @Ashez is in deep trouble unless he can turn it around on the discipline side of things.

The final factor that came into play was how disciplined you could be whilst accumulating the Average rating and goal points. That’s where @Rob2017 had a blinder, just the 9 yellows and 1 red card has turned his standing on its head and he ends up in third place for the heat, a great turnaround by you mate. @Woody was the second most disciplined and he ends up at a very respectable fourth place in the final table. @Ashez who moments ago was seemingly in trouble has had his luck turned around as his well disciplined side gives him a 7th placed finish and more importantly, a place in the next round. @Taff decided to play rough and ready in this heat as his team amassed a huge total of 34 yellow cards and that knocks him down from 4th place all the way down to 8th, and by the skin of his teeth he’s through to the next round! Unbelievable! So who’s been eliminated you ask? Well, my co-host @Titjes decided that rugby was more his sport and Howard Webb wasn’t having none of it. 37 yellows and 1 red card later he finds himself in 9th placed and out of this years Vibe Olympics! An absolute nightmare for the Belgian as he fails in his own challenge.

Final Scorecard

Spoiler
  1. @chewkaiwen - 9700 points
  2. @RipRip - 9150pts
  3. @Rob2017 - 8150pts
  4. @Woody - 7850pts
  5. @Foxy - 7810pts
  6. @Harish - 7565pts
  7. @Ashez - 7120pts
  8. @Taff - 7060pts
  9. @Titjes - 6410pts

C9DA7E4A-1416-4514-BC63-3185F8223824.thumb.png.cfd92f0335028351b7ce18351e5dc4a5.png

Thanks to everyone who submitted again. Heat three challenge will be posted tomorrow evening. Good luck for the rest of the competition and commiserations to @Titjes. Also a massive thanks once again to @Foxy for supplying the graphics.

Edited by NucleusNT

Talk about heart in my mouth! Yikes!

It was the first two sections that had be scared as Cerny flopped hard for me (3 goals, 0 assists 6.37) which I knew would hurt me for goals and AvR. I've never rated Cerny while others have bigged him up but I took the risk as I trusted Vydra who thankfully smashed it (12 goals, 1 assist 8.37). 

As I predicted the card rule was vile and the decider, I went cautious and no real defensive roles but I still got 15 yellows and 1 red which wasn't bad for 16 games but it basically wiped out my goal scored points. 

That's why I was so worried as even planning for it saw me lose a lot of points leaving me relying on my AVR which I knew Cerny flopped in. My hope was others underestimated the points deduction which turned out saving me.

Third, with Zardes injured for four games and getting a stinker of a six on his return. I’ll take that. Great challenge.

12 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Third, with Zardes injured for four games and getting a stinker of a six on his return. I’ll take that. Great challenge.

Huge turnaround for you mate. Well done 

Some great performances here and I think @samhardy is going to have to update those odds because @chewkaiwen and @RipRip look unstoppable at the moment.

I was really pleased with how both my Czech's played as they performed pretty much identically with just Cerny, who was the player I was worried would flop so I played his 8 games after Vydra so his attributes could improve a little, getting a slightly higher AvR being the difference. I'm very glad that my teams discipline didn't hurt me to much especially as I forgot about the cards deduction until I was a few games from the end🙄  

Unlucky @Titjes mate but this was a cracking challenge you came up with.

Finally @Taff you are one lucky Bunny!!!

bet tips.png

@Taff survived a big scare in the last round but still remains favourite for the tournament despite this. After a second impressive showing on the bounce for @RipRip and @chewkaiwen they both come in to second and third favourites respectively.

@Foxy drops to fourth favourite but is still has a good chance of winning the crown whereas in a controversial move @Ashez drops to a more outside chance of winning the tournament after a poor display which sees @Rob2017 and @Woody climb above him in the odds.

@Harish remains the outsider but as we saw in the last round anything can happen.

Taff - 7/2

RipRip - 5/1

chewkaiwen - 11/2

Foxy - 6/1

Woody - 10/1

Rob2017 - 10/1

Ashez - 12/1

Harish - 20/1

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

bet tips.png

@Taff survived a big scare in the last round but still remains favourite for the tournament despite this. After a second impressive showing on the bounce for @RipRip and @chewkaiwen they both come in to second and third favourites respectively.

@Foxy drops to fourth favourite but is still has a good chance of winning the crown whereas in a controversial move @Ashez drops to a more outside chance of winning the tournament after a poor display which sees @Rob2017 and @Woody climb above him in the odds.

@Harish remains the outsider but as we saw in the last round anything can happen.

Taff - 7/2

RipRip - 5/1

chewkaiwen - 11/2

Foxy - 6/1

Woody - 10/1

Rob2017 - 10/1

Ashez - 12/1

Harish - 20/1

CF62C73A-3425-4B27-B685-22377DA172BC.gif.30bd7b418cc82fecbc7cbcbf4deeec50.gif

@Ashez @ 12/1! Have my money!

Just now, samhardy said:

Throwing it away he's a washed up fraud, when the fun stops stop

Was only going to put £5 e/w on him, calm down 😂

2FF98261-DACA-4A52-B239-7CC71EBC9BAB.gif.e09f17201c4db256f946ee2aa7304d5f.gif

holly hell that was close, I think I’d better pay more attention next time but the boys just got stuck in like animals

unlucky @Titjes but that was close

cheers for the faith @samhardy I’ll try to make up for it from now on

well done on another storming round from @RipRip and @chewkaiwen looking like the guys to beat at the minute

once again a big thanks to @NucleusNT

52 minutes ago, samhardy said:

bet tips.png

Taff - 7/2

RipRip - 5/1

chewkaiwen - 11/2

Foxy - 6/1

Woody - 10/1

Rob2017 - 10/1

Ashez - 12/1

Harish - 20/1

I'm liking my new odds....cheers dude.

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Some great performances here and I think @samhardy is going to have to update those odds because @chewkaiwen and @RipRip look unstoppable at the moment.

I was really pleased with how both my Czech's played as they performed pretty much identically with just Cerny, who was the player I was worried would flop so I played his 8 games after Vydra so his attributes could improve a little, getting a slightly higher AvR being the difference. I'm very glad that my teams discipline didn't hurt me to much especially as I forgot about the cards deduction until I was a few games from the end🙄  

Unlucky @Titjes mate but this was a cracking challenge you came up with.

Finally @Taff you are one lucky Bunny!!!

I planned to use Cerny in the easier games but Vydra got an i just and missed the first 7 so I was forced to just go for it. Unfortunately Cerny never looked like delivering for me at all. Cerny failing to get a high AvR and hardly scoring really hit my score. 

@Taff 34 yellow cards? Did you think it was rugby? :D

Was a good performance by myself, must say I got rather lucky as I forced myself to play a 1 striker formation to ensure that my chosen strikers scored the goals and it worked as they scored in every match they played! Of course, the cautious defending means to avoid the cards meant that I was rather fragile defensively and for someone like me who normally concedes little to no goals, to concede more than 1 goal per match was disappointing. Zardes improved loads as the season progressed, which was a good thing definitely!

Looking forward to the next challenge, and will be interesting to see how @RipRip performs and if @Taff will make a comeback!

Whew,that was a close shave,thought I was gonna get eliminated.

Cerny was an absolute nightmare,before this challenge,despite using him very rarely I had,I had a good opinion,but he has disappointed me hugely,if it wasn't for Vydra,it could've been even more disastrous for me,but well I qualified for the next round and that's all that matters.

As for the odds, I'm starting to like my status as the outsider...

No expectations=No pressure😁.

Edited by Harish

Congrats to everyone that made it to the next round! 

@chewkaiwen Brilliant job mate on clinching first place!

@Titjes Unlucky this time round. You're still awesome mate!

Bring on the next challenge! All the best to those who are competing!

2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

LOL @Ashez and @Taff🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what did you call that performance?

Good to see some new blood wrecking it in the likes of @RipRip and @chewkaiwen. Bloody hell those 9's are out of this world😳

@Woody... you want me to start or are you going to step up?

@Foxy wiggle that foxy tail of yours and start owning!!

I'm doing my best mate 😂 EME isn't my strongest. 😕

Heat Three - The Pole Vault Challenge

F59F0F73-8138-4BA6-B1DE-FD5E2387926E.jpeg.d80c240d249719547a5e423865cdc122.jpeg

Thiago Braz da Silva currently holds the Olympic record for the pole vault. At the Rio 2016 games he set the record at 6.03m. Can you surpass that height with your Brazilian?’

4D2F1909-8F70-40D5-8F18-7A295854ADE1.thumb.png.a52ff6e2edc953bc5173883a371af59e.png

Welcome competitors to heat three of the Vibe Olympics, we are down to the last eight and a further two people will be eliminated in this round. So without further ado let me talk you through the challenge that awaits you...

Thiago Braz da Silva was born in São Paulo state Brazil, and that’s where you will be fetching your Brazilian Pole-Vaulter. 

The Player Choices:

21F06DF4-FED1-4607-A1FA-1E536649AFEB.thumb.png.bc069379e8bc02be692247f83b0370fa.png

0EBC0AB5-2A1E-43B0-A222-E8ABE7D59A8F.thumb.png.ff129c9a096828e762b5000e187910b6.png

6F165EBA-E081-4961-A57D-C1A4919ED2F9.thumb.png.6e54810877728103327cc4a372d866f7.png

You will be fetching one of these three Brazilians from the São Paulo clubs, and you will be bringing them over to France where you will begin your challenge with a choice of three French clubs: Olympique de Marseille, Olympique Lyonnais or O.G.C Nice.

The Points System:

Player Scores

Player Assists

Metres ‘Jumped’

No

No

0.25m

No

Yes

0.5m

Yes

No

0.5m

Yes

Yes

0.75m

A rather simple points system, and your Average rating will be added on top of your ‘Metres’ as ‘Centimetres’.

Example: 

7 metres jumped + 7.80 Avr= 7.78 metres

But, there’s a twist. All of this must be accomplished whilst using a strikerless formation. If you are unaware of what a strikerless formation is then please have a read through of this article explaining all by @Foxy ‘The Strikerless Series’

Screenshots Required:

Spoiler
  • Manager Profile & Season History Page
  • Player ratings screen of all 16 league games
  • League Table after 16 games
  • Your chosen Brazilians attribute & History page
  • Transfers
  • Squad list by appearances 

Rules:

• EME Only
  • One transfer only- One Brazilian
  • Own tactics only - no lifting any tactics from the forums and using as your own!
  • You must demote/sell all strikers at the club
  • Strikerless Formations only
  • No unlockables or IGE
  • November Database only
  • No Holidaying
  • Strictly no reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save file for inspection
  • Screenshots must be sent to myself and myself alone, please don’t post any on the thread
  • And the most important rule, have fun

Deadline Tuesday 5th June 5pm BST

Edited by NucleusNT

I like this and since I used one of those earlier in the year to great effect I know who I'll be picking, the club will take some deciding though. 

Nice work @NucleusNTbut I'm blind or you forgot the deadline? I'd also bold the tactic requirement to make sure it's seen and request the stat squad view to ensure no strikers played/say to demote/sell/loan them.