• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The Vibe Olympics 2018

2 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha 😂😂 I swear I thought the same thing.. mind control 

And the fat ronaldo was the midwife

59 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Wow... you have obvious and you have obvious. This is just like watching Juve play. Wooopsss my inner Mike got the beter of me... 

Anyways... @Ashez @Foxy Thanks for making me cry out loud🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Hmmmmm inner Mike eh, tell me I’m being stupid but is this referenced to me by any chance.

9 hours ago, Woody said:

I cannot believe i got through!!

@Harish your score dude is just taking the piss 😂

Well done everyone i found that really tough so i can't get over im still in and @Ashez and  @Foxy are not...lost for words.

Thanks @Nucleus top challenge mate. 👍

Thanks mate, I'm genuinely surprised too.I didn't think my score would too high enough to place me first,all I wanted was to escape elimination.

8 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

This.

Anyhow, that was a really fun round. Well done @Harish - that is a ridiculously amazing score. You should give the one season strikerless challenge a go too.

Can’t wait to see what the next challenge is. I’m delighted to have stumbled through to the semi finals.

Thanks mate.I actually was planning to start a strikeless challenge and was even gonna start a new thread but I saw your strikerless challenge attempt and decided to check it out and see how strikerless worked in the other leagues and with other players so just following your career for now,will definitely attempt a strikerless challenge in the near future.

8 hours ago, Titjes said:

@Harish, mind sharing that all powerfull tactic mate? I wanna give it a blast also :O:laugh:

The problem is there isn't any😂 it was just a standard strikerless tactic,simple as they come,drop the striker to AMC and drop the middle CM to DMC and that's it I was set,the only thing which gave me some kind of edge was the fixture list as Nice's had only one away match against who we thankfully drew,the easy away matches and the easier home matches gave the player the chance to go all Messi like and thankfully he did.

7 hours ago, RipRip said:

:O Surprised to see that I'm the only one that picked Jadson!

So glad it was good enough to get me through. Strikerless was a very new approach for me in this game and I was very worried about my submitted score

Sucks to see two great competitors leaving the competition...

@Harish Brilliant job mate! Impressive scores all around

Thanks man!

7 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Wow this  Harish kid is certainly something  special in the making, most would struggle to get close to them numbers even with Neymar but this is FMM I guess and anything is possible I think 🤔.

Well, it's been a long time since I've been called a "kid",back when I was....Well,a kid😂.

Thanks anyway man.

Once again I want to thank everyone for their comments and I have to say that I definitely did not see this coming,when I started the game,I knew that the competitors remaining were capable of scoring and assisting in almost every game and even get a 10 av rating in almost every game with ease,so I wasn't really aiming for the first place.I just wanted to escape elimination and had a decent start,I was quite surprised to see that the player was actually scoring way too freely but thought if I could do it,the others should be doing better.Every game was a nail biter for me,I kept changing the player roles during the match to first help him score then assist and then score again,it worked most of the time.Its been a long time since I have been involved this much in FMM and I'm happy to see it pay off,but no matter what happens in the semi finals and the finals, I'm just so honored and happy to reach this stage and play alongside some FMM legends.

As for the odds,I'm just glad to see my name move a bit higher in the list.😛

Edited by Harish

Well that's a releif after my shitshow in the last round, but hats off to Harish that score is monumental fair play

Unlucky to Ash and Fox but those injuries are in the hands of the FMM gods and there is nothing you can do about it mate

Great challenge once again from @Nucleus and @Titjes you guys are running a great tournament KIU

added 0 minutes later

Well that's a releif after my shitshow in the last round, but hats off to Harish that score is monumental fair play

Unlucky to Ash and Fox but those injuries are in the hands of the FMM gods and there is nothing you can do about it mate

Great challenge once again from @Nucleus and @Titjes you guys are running a great tournament KIU

10 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Rodriguinho had a massive average rating of 9.43 yes you read that right, 9.43! 

Looking further into his results, in the 16 league games he played Rodriguinho had an Average rating of 10 in nine separate games. An average rating of 9 in five separate games, and an average rating of 8 in two games

FgrandFS, I really feel I should retire from this game. I just can't compete with these young guns anymore. (assuming they're kids compared to me slightly lessens the pain) 😔 

2 hours ago, Harish said:

gave the player the chance to go all Messi like

But Rodriguinho is clearly no Messi, so the question still stands, what is your secret? oh great mighty Harish

Ok,first,to those who thinks I'm using a super tactic and all, here's mine:

Screenshot_2018-06-05-11-54-39-067_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.1dbd57e7db37f8aa5939891008905d94.pngScreenshot_2018-06-05-11-54-51-787_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.ba9a2a701d6b021d2c2f99152eb8d224.pngScreenshot_2018-06-05-11-54-46-899_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.f6e7a1f4528adf54d2fd248cbc205c33.png

This is what I used for the challenge,as you can see it's pretty much straightforward,dropping the striker to the AM and keeping the defensive mid to prevent clogging the midfield up and to protect the defence,I used the SS role in the Europe qualification stages and as you can see from the stats page posted in the results post,it wasn't effective.I think the closing down part of a SS wasn't Rodriginho's speciality,and even if he does close down opponents,that meant that he wasn't always in a position to surge through the defensive line,and the fact that I was using IFs meant that even if he did win a ball,he would instantly pass it to the IFs who were further up cutting inside and acting as makeshift strikers.whereas the Treq role enabled him to just stand around in space and wait for the ball to come to him and since he would standing in an empty space,it would be easier for him to surge forward and score/assist which is backed up by the coach report which says that he can run long distances was a good dribbler and a passer.As for the assists,you can see from the Team instruction that I kept the play as narrow as possible by keeping the width narrow and instructing the team to pass more centrally,this meant that for most of the time Rodriginho started all the attacking moves and his pace and dribbling stats enabled him to surge forward and score goals or if the IFs or the BBM was higher pass the ball to them,the only different thing I did was changing roles,for example let's take these two matches where Rodriginho has two goals and one assist:

Screenshot_2018-06-05-11-56-52-069_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.eeab02da150e04405d0395929ac35ac0.pngScreenshot_2018-06-05-11-56-27-531_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.bdaa785541a901339f7f6fdb391259cb.png

As you can see from these two matches,its clear that Rodriginho has scored as fast as possible due to his pace and dribbling ability,so the moment he scores,I'll change him to an AP.Yes his advanced position still will enable him to score goals,but the team instructions ensure that he still gets the ball most of time to start attacks but his individual role of being the AP means that he can't surge forward and score, meanwhile the IFs will be further up and will be cutting inside,here we come back to the situation where I was using a SS,here the closing down duty often puts him a bit out of position and hence he has less passing options,but using the AP means that he's still standing in space like the Treq but doesn't have added role of being an attacking role going forward,its a support role and he often has two passing options up front to pass.If he manages to assist a goals,I put him back in the Treq role which again gives him the freedom to score.I didn't play with the highlights but most of the time in commentary I saw the words twenty yards quite often,so I think Rodriginho is quite skilled in long shots,and since I don't have the editior,I can't see for sure,but he definitely doesn't have poor long shots skill as his coach report doesn't mention it.Another fact for Rodriginho's form is his age,which stands at 29 and that means he's still in his peak and his stats clearly reflect it,and guys who've done the 1kcs will know the rate their player can score at his prime.One more reason that is not from my own doing but because of the team I picked was the stats of the IF,of all my IFs only Saint-Maxim had a decent finishing skill,the others had 10 or 9 for finishing and I think this added a few goals to Rodri's total.

The reason for me wanting to get two goals in as many games as possible was because of the rating system,I worked out a rough estimate of how it works and can say:

2 goals+1 or more assists=10

1 goal+1 or more assists=9

0+1 assist=8

Once again,this is a rough estimate and there are many instances where it can be proven wrong but it's helped me draw a plan on how to use him in a match.

So,yeah,this didn't happen due to some secret tactic or tinkering with the editor or something(if anyone were under that impression,I understand),this was simply choosing the right player,a small adjustment to a standard tactic,an easier fixture list and IFs with poor shooting skills.

I would like to add that I really don't know much about the SS role and @Foxy in his strikerless series said that both the SS and Treq were both quite similar and I believe he did more research than me,so I can't really argue but for me the SS was ineffective in the two games I used him but who knows maybe he might have come good if I used him for a longer period of time.

So that's my secret everyone, I'm starting a strikerless 1kc with a 17 year old so we'll see soon if the tactic was in fact the sole reason for Rodri's success.

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, Taff said:

Great challenge once again from @Nucleus and @Titjes you guys are running a great tournament KIU

added 0 minutes later

Great challenge once again from @Nucleus and @Titjes you guys are running a great tournament KIU

Thanks mate!

Edited by Harish
2 minutes ago, Titjes said:

I'm gonna do exactly as you described right here in a test save, to see if the results are even a bit like yours ;) 

Sure mate, I'm still not sure if it's a fluke or not,if you get lucky with injuries,I guess it can be done.

8 minutes ago, Titjes said:

I'm gonna do exactly as you described right here in a test save, to see if the results are even a bit like yours ;) 

Be interesting to see your results

Due to the nature of the challenge and the limited roles available to fit the rules I bet almost every formation looked that like. I know mine was similar but I played wide with long shots to try and produce space for the Brazilian, maybe shoot on site was a mistake as it benefited others more than the targeted player as he couldn't hit a bouncy castle with a rocket launcher lol. 

33 minutes ago, Harish said:

Ok,first,to those who thinks I'm using a super tactic and all, here's mine:

Screenshot_2018-06-05-11-54-39-067_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.1dbd57e7db37f8aa5939891008905d94.pngScreenshot_2018-06-05-11-54-51-787_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.ba9a2a701d6b021d2c2f99152eb8d224.pngScreenshot_2018-06-05-11-54-46-899_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.f6e7a1f4528adf54d2fd248cbc205c33.png

This is what I used for the challenge,as you can see it's pretty much straightforward,dropping the striker to the AM and keeping the defensive mid to prevent clogging the midfield up and to protect the defence,I used the SS role in the Europe qualification stages and as you can see from the stats page posted in the results post,it wasn't effective.I think the closing down part of a SS wasn't Rodriginho's speciality,and even if he does close down opponents,that meant that he wasn't always in a position to surge through the defensive line,and the fact that I was using IFs meant that even if he did win a ball,he would instantly pass it to the IFs who were further up cutting inside and acting as makeshift strikers.whereas the Treq role enabled him to just stand around in space and wait for the ball to come to him and since he would standing in an empty space,it would be easier for him to surge forward and score/assist which is backed up by the coach report which says that he can run long distances was a good dribbler and a passer.As for the assists,you can see from the Team instruction that I kept the play as narrow as possible by keeping the width narrow and instructing the team to pass more centrally,this meant that for most of the time Rodriginho started all the attacking moves and his pace and dribbling stats enabled him to surge forward and score goals or if the IFs or the BBM was higher pass the ball to them,the only different thing I did was changing roles,for example let's take these two matches where Rodriginho has two goals and one assist:

Screenshot_2018-06-05-11-56-52-069_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.eeab02da150e04405d0395929ac35ac0.pngScreenshot_2018-06-05-11-56-27-531_com.sigames.fmm2018.thumb.png.bdaa785541a901339f7f6fdb391259cb.png

As you can see from these two matches,its clear that Rodriginho has scored as fast as possible due to his pace and dribbling ability,so the moment he scores,I'll change him to an AP.Yes his advanced position still will enable him to score goals,but the team instructions ensure that he still gets the ball most of time to start attacks but his individual role of being the AP means that he can't surge forward and score, meanwhile the IFs will be further up and will be cutting inside,here we come back to the situation where I was using a SS,here the closing down duty often puts him a bit out of position and hence he has less passing options,but using the AP means that he's still standing in space like the Treq but doesn't have added role of being an attacking role going forward,its a support role and he often has two passing options up front to pass.If he manages to assist a goals,I put him back in the Treq role which again gives him the freedom to score.I didn't play with the highlights but most of the time in commentary I saw the words twenty yards quite often,so I think Rodriginho is quite skilled in long shots,and since I don't have the editior,I can't see for sure,but he definitely doesn't have poor long shots skill as his coach report doesn't mention it.Another fact for Rodriginho's form is his age,which stands at 29 and that means he's still in his peak and his stats clearly reflect it,and guys who've done the 1kcs will know the rate their player can score at his prime.One more reason that is not from my own doing but because of the team I picked was the stats of the IF,of all my IFs only Saint-Maxim had a decent finishing skill,the others had 10 or 9 for finishing and I think this added a few goals to Rodri's total.

The reason for me wanting to get two goals in as many games as possible was because of the rating system,I worked out a rough estimate of how it works and can say:

2 goals+1 or more assists=10

1 goal+1 or more assists=9

0+1 assist=8

Once again,this is a rough estimate and there are many instances where it can be proven wrong but it's helped me draw a plan on how to use him in a match.

So,yeah,this didn't happen due to some secret tactic or tinkering with the editor or something(if anyone were under that impression,I understand),this was simply choosing the right player,a small adjustment to a standard tactic,an easier fixture list and IFs with poor shooting skills.

I would like to add that I really don't know much about the SS role and @Foxy in his strikerless series said that both the SS and Treq were both quite similar and I believe he did more research than me,so I can't really argue but for me the SS was ineffective in the two games I used him but who knows maybe he might have come good if I used him for a longer period of time.

So that's my secret everyone, I'm starting a strikerless 1kc with a 17 year old so we'll see soon if the tactic was in fact the sole reason for Rodri's success.

added 0 minutes later

Thanks mate!

Is this all on the latest update or pre update?

14 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Is this all on the latest update or pre update?

If you're asking about the game's version, I'm currently running 9.2.1.and I really don't remember when it came out or whether it was updated after the finishing the challenge.I just use auto update and don't really check which apps got updated.

Edited by Harish
10 hours ago, Foxy said:

I need an injury prevention guide thanks.

Simple tip: Don't play your player and his chances of getting an injury will reduce! Oh and no training for him!

9 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Hmmmmm inner Mike eh, tell me I’m being stupid but is this referenced to me by any chance.

Not being stupid and not a pun or anything!

Interesting @Harish, I did briefly consider the formation you used (but with different player roles) but Lyon had a real lack of wingers once I demoted every of the strikers in the team! :(

Went with this instead: 

4B20BB48-D35D-4367-8386-7F617D403A06_zps

Was hoping that the wing backs would be able to push up and cause issues on the wings but sadly the formation turned out more defensive than attacking. 

Extremely defensive, only 6 goals conceded in 16 league games, but 17 goals scored is nothing to be proud of, with plenty of 1-0 wins. Am rather fortunate Rodriguinho is a champion free kick taker and long shooter as I have matches where the only clear shot on target is that shot.

Have a feeling I was real lucky to make it through to the next round, but it was definitely a good experience going strikerless!

33 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

Interesting @Harish, I did briefly consider the formation you used (but with different player roles) but Lyon had a real lack of wingers once I demoted every of the strikers in the team! :(

Went with this instead: 

Was hoping that the wing backs would be able to push up and cause issues on the wings but sadly the formation turned out more defensive than attacking. 

Extremely defensive, only 6 goals conceded in 16 league games, but 17 goals scored is nothing to be proud of, with plenty of 1-0 wins. Am rather fortunate Rodriguinho is a champion free kick taker and long shooter as I have matches where the only clear shot on target is that shot.

Have a feeling I was real lucky to make it through to the next round, but it was definitely a good experience going strikerless!

Same here mate,I think around 8 or so goals scored by the guy were free kicks and I've seen that if you get a free kick just on the outside of the box,and have a good free kick taker,then you'll be banging them in almost every time.

This is what i went with....

Screenshot_2018-06-05-10-01-11.thumb.png.ecd625ceb52cdf8cba990409df19897d.png

I thought playing APM's on the wing would provide more and wouldn't play ahead of him as he was playing as a SS coupled with attacking wingbacks as support and DLP providing cover.

Like i have said i totally winged it and never changed a thing.

It did provide 26 goals though for him though...

Screenshot_2018-06-05-10-01-28.thumb.png.d581677aa337604ba9b5c13ee3bc0e5e.png

To be honest i'm proud of myself, yes i only just scraped through but it was my 1st try at strikerless.

40 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

Went with this instead: 

Same here dude only 6 conceded...

Screenshot_2018-06-05-10-08-57.thumb.png.3c413608e3e4645e28b434ab62433e0b.png

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Simple tip: Don't play your player and his chances of getting an injury will reduce! Oh and no training for him!

Great tip! I can see why you are no1 now.

36 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Can we call this the Relympics? There is a shitload of reloading in this thread🤣🤣🤣

😂 ya recon?

51 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Can we call this the Relympics? There is a shitload of reloading in this thread🤣🤣🤣

5D00F7E5-71EC-4ACE-AAA0-6C7984A65B8D.gif.0c056d9ce490ba8223ba4949989e778e.gif