Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The Vibe Olympics 2018

My personal opinion is that some sort of speed  Olympic type of event would help get rid of the reloaders, everyone agrees to do the event at a set time on a set day with say 4 hours or less  to do your 16 games. I would love to enter something like that as these events over so many days favour people that quite clearly reload and basically cheat there way to a win. 

48 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

My personal opinion is that some sort of speed  Olympic type of event would help get rid of the reloaders, everyone agrees to do the event at a set time on a set day with say 4 hours or less  to do your 16 games. I would love to enter something like that as these events over so many days favour people that quite clearly reload and basically cheat there way to a win. 

I had this thought last week, think it would work better if everyone was given a different time (or say 2/3 people in one time slot) as it'd be too difficult or even impossible to get everyone together at one exact time. Only problem is if there's a lot of competitors it could take ages but something to bear in mind as looking back at the past Olympics and this one there's no doubt the format needs changing.

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I had this thought last week, think it would work better if everyone was given a different time (or say 2/3 people in one time slot) as it'd be too difficult or even impossible to get everyone together at one exact time. Only problem is if there's a lot of competitors it could take ages but something to bear in mind as looking back at the past Olympics and this one there's no doubt the format needs changing.

Yeah I thought that getting everyone together at once would be a setback cos of course we all live in different time zones and have normal lives outside FMM (maybe) 🤔 but yeah I like the 2/3 people in a specific time slot. And also some experienced moderators who could request people tactics if suspicions arise, they would then test and make a decision on if the score was legit. Basically I hate cheaters and if you do cheat your not doing yourself or people working there ass off sorting these comps out any favours. 

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

You could say 16 games over 4 days you have to post 4 games every day maybe or 2 sets of 8 over 2 days. 

Most people have some spare time over the weekend so maybe all games played over the weekend and have to be in by midnight on the sunday or you forfeit your place.

Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Yeah I thought that getting everyone together at once would be a setback cos of course we all live in different time zones and have normal lives outside FMM (maybe) 🤔 but yeah I like the 2/3 people in a specific time slot. And also some experienced moderators who could request people tactics if suspicions arise, they would then test and make a decision on if the score was legit. Basically I hate cheaters and if you do cheat your not doing yourself or people working there ass off sorting these comps out any favours. 

Personally i'm rubbish at the tweeking side of tactics and i tend to stick with the same one.

I think if you do tend to tweek alot then sending in your tactic for testing it may not come out the same but i hear what your sayin and something does need to be done.

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Only problem with tactic testing is that a lot of people tweak their tactics during a match nevermind every few games.

Agreed so I guess it’s the gentleman’s agreement thats supposedly in place that you have to go off, I think the speed side of it is the way to go. 

I almost think you need to do a separate save part way through so that then the host can essentially step in to your game and see if their results even vaguely mimic yours. Or have independent people that you submit tactics to who can mimic and see if they get similar results. A bit like @Titjes did with the tactic a few pages back.

What I would also add is that the strikerless result controversy has almost made me nervous to try and do well. I started this round really well and all that popped in my head was ‘feck, I’m going to get the whole reloading accusations that someone else has’ rather than being happy I had figured out a good single striker tactic in a separate save. I was almost relieved that King got injured for a few games and then had a blip for a few games later on which is frankly ridiculous. 

Edited by Rob2017

I think its actually very difficult who has been reloading and who hasn’t. There are so many factors that affect how a game could go, from the obvious ones such as starting tactic and lineup to the less obvious areas such as tactic switches in match, substitutes, the time tactic changes/subs are made, weather in the match, opposition form etc etc. And we still haven’t factored in random chance as well.

All this makes it difficult to really accurately test unless you have say a panel of 100 testers and they all play the same 16 games, with the same formation, the same switches in game, and if possible, with the opponents getting the same results. Which is pretty impossible. 

A speed round as @Mikee1984 might be something good to circumvent this issue but then the issue of timing becomes difficult. People like me in an entirely different time zone will suffer some way or another. So while its a good method, there will be some limitations to it. I will accept it if the matches go down this path, but it will definitely be a very disappointed me.

I really get annoyed at reloaders, because it spoils the fun out of this game, every top result is going to get scrutinised, and it begs to ask the question: Do you really want to finish first, knowing that you will have plenty of people saying you have reloaded? It really takes the glory out of winning. I myself get a bit worried when my results seem to be too good but I do feel that, if you have a clear conscience, I think those accusing you can say what they want but you can just carry on with life if you did nothing wrong. They can say you reloaded just because they’ve played once with your starting tactic but didn’t get the result you got, but I think I have done sufficient testing on formations to know that, the variation itself can take a huge spread when I keep almost everything constant down to in game switches, what more when we have so many other factors which affect the result we have.

But don’t reload guys, please, I just want to enjoy a simple game with an honest inention 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, chewkaiwen said:

I think its actually very difficult who has been reloading and who hasn’t. There are so many factors that affect how a game could go, from the obvious ones such as starting tactic and lineup to the less obvious areas such as tactic switches in match, substitutes, the time tactic changes/subs are made, weather in the match, opposition form etc etc. And we still haven’t factored in random chance as well.

All this makes it difficult to really accurately test unless you have say a panel of 100 testers and they all play the same 16 games, with the same formation, the same switches in game, and if possible, with the opponents getting the same results. Which is pretty impossible. 

A speed round as @Mikee1984 might be something good to circumvent this issue but then the issue of timing becomes difficult. People like me in an entirely different time zone will suffer some way or another. So while its a good method, there will be some limitations to it. I will accept it if the matches go down this path, but it will definitely be a very disappointed me.

I really get annoyed at reloaders, because it spoils the fun out of this game, every top result is going to get scrutinised, and it begs to ask the question: Do you really want to finish first, knowing that you will have plenty of people saying you have reloaded? It really takes the glory out of winning. I myself get a bit worried when my results seem to be too good but I do feel that, if you have a clear conscience, I think those accusing you can say what they want but you can just carry on with life if you did nothing wrong. They can say you reloaded just because they’ve played once with your starting tactic but didn’t get the result you got, but I think I have done sufficient testing on formations to know that, the variation itself can take a huge spread when I keep almost everything constant down to in game switches, what more when we have so many other factors which affect the result we have.

But don’t reload guys, please, I just want to enjoy a simple game with an honest inention 😂😂😂

nicely said dude (y)

Most of the time it is impossible to test a tactic indeed, cause there are to many factors and scores can be diffrent based on luck etc... But normally you should get around the same outcome (If you take the same team, tactic, players, etc)

In the case where I tested the tactic of Harrish, it was pretty obvious he reloaded massively... My goals, assists and avr rating never came close to what he had, and I used his tactic fully like he described in his post on here. In cases like this, no matter how you look at it, it's just obvious reloading happened (specially if scores pop up, that have never been seen on vibe).

1 hour ago, Titjes said:

Most of the time it is impossible to test a tactic indeed, cause there are to many factors and scores can be diffrent based on luck etc... But normally you should get around the same outcome (If you take the same team, tactic, players, etc)

In the case where I tested the tactic of Harrish, it was pretty obvious he reloaded massively... My goals, assists and avr rating never came close to what he had, and I used his tactic fully like he described in his post on here. In cases like this, no matter how you look at it, it's just obvious reloading happened (specially if scores pop up, that have never been seen on vibe).

If Harish has indeed reloaded like you said and is soo obvious that he has then maybe something needs to be done.

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

If Harish has indeed reloaded like you said and is soo obvious that he has then maybe something needs to be done.

Did you not pick up on some of the hints a few pages back :P

Problem is, how do you identify is someone really has cheated? For example, my first three games in this round had King score a hat trick in each and then I subbed him off immediately, so he got three ten ratings. Did I reload? No. I have just figured out a tactic that gets my striker scoring. Admittedly he then got injured and was a bit flakey for the rest of it. But if this was a three game round I’d have had the perfect score and would get the accusations, when in fact all I’ve done is become better at the EME version of a football computer game. 

I think the more prominent evidence that suggests oreloading is the lack of score submitted this round so far by somebody.

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Problem is, how do you identify is someone really has cheated? For example, my first three games in this round had King score a hat trick in each and then I subbed him off immediately, so he got three ten ratings. Did I reload? No. I have just figured out a tactic that gets my striker scoring. Admittedly he then got injured and was a bit flakey for the rest of it. But if this was a three game round I’d have had the perfect score and would get the accusations, when in fact all I’ve done is become better at the EME version of a football computer game. 

I think the more prominent evidence that suggests oreloading is the lack of score submitted this round so far by somebody.

If 2 or 3 people got scores that high then okay, but he just destroyed the compition :laugh:

Like I said... it is possible that you have a great or fantastic tactic... but sometimes it's just obviously clear when someone reloaded.

The difference in 'luck' or 'reloading' is noticable imo (luck gets you rating like 10-10-10-7-6-10-10 for example... but reloading obviously get's you better ratings)

23 minutes ago, Woody said:

I'm not the only one that says it mate ;) and what can we do or what do you want us to do? IF he reloaded, he will never admit it... even though almost every contender here thinks he reloaded and his tactic got tested by me and came nowhere close to his resluts... 

Edited by Titjes

@Rob2017 must have been cheating! Ban him for life! 😂😂😂

Jokes aside though, I have to agree with Rob here. Eventually this game still has a random factor and while slim, there is always still that chance that you can perform exceptionally well because percentages work like that, a 0.01% chance still means it could happen, even if it is 1 in 10000. 

In the last save, I beat Tottenham 6-2. Now it would have seemed like reloading was in play, but it was in the Carabao Cup, and I would have had no reason to reload such a match in the first place! So weird results do happen every now and then, and hence why I can accept weird saves where ppl might do abnormally well as it could have been a one-off.

Thats not to defend Harish or anybody in a sense, but just to put it out that its not as easy to tell if reloading was in play. But lets be honest, there is no glory, no joy in winning by reloading. And its not like you stand to gain anything from winning this tournament. So why reload in the first place? (That goes out to anyone who might be even thinking of reloading)

11 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Anyway, @Harish you’ve got until 5pm to submit or you’re out of the competition 

don't rush him, reloading takes time you know :laugh:

37 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

@Rob2017 must have been cheating! Ban him for life! 😂😂😂

Jokes aside though, I have to agree with Rob here. Eventually this game still has a random factor and while slim, there is always still that chance that you can perform exceptionally well because percentages work like that, a 0.01% chance still means it could happen, even if it is 1 in 10000. 

In the last save, I beat Tottenham 6-2. Now it would have seemed like reloading was in play, but it was in the Carabao Cup, and I would have had no reason to reload such a match in the first place! So weird results do happen every now and then, and hence why I can accept weird saves where ppl might do abnormally well as it could have been a one-off.

Thats not to defend Harish or anybody in a sense, but just to put it out that its not as easy to tell if reloading was in play. But lets be honest, there is no glory, no joy in winning by reloading. And its not like you stand to gain anything from winning this tournament. So why reload in the first place? (That goes out to anyone who might be even thinking of reloading)

Again there is a difference between 'luck' and reloading... which he obviously does...

Why? No idea, this is supposed to be a fun tournament among Vibers with no real prize, except bragging rights... but you always have that 'rotten apple' in every group...

Last to submit, it will be one hell of a score again is my guess...

1 hour ago, Titjes said:

don't rush him, reloading takes time you know :laugh:

Again there is a difference between 'luck' and reloading... which he obviously does...

Why? No idea, this is supposed to be a fun tournament among Vibers with no real prize, except bragging rights... but you always have that 'rotten apple' in every group...

Last to submit, it will be one hell of a score again is my guess...

I think your all jealous cus he's way better than you all!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, PriZe said:

OMG @Woody rumor has it you've had a belter of a score😳😳😳 get ready for inspection!

Ha ha i very much doubt it mate.