Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The Vibe Olympics 2018

Feckin’ love this, as none of us have a blinkin’ clue how well we have done. 😭😭😭

Edited by Rob2017
8 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Feckin’ love this, as none of us have a blinkin’ clue how well we have done. 😭😭😭

We’ll soon find out! Just need to triple check the scores to make sure I’ve made no errors on my part

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

We’ll soon find out! Just need to triple check the scores to make sure I’ve made no errors on my part

I honestly don't mind if accidently tripple my score....😉(pay ya later)

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

I honestly don't mind if accidently tripple my score....😉(pay ya later)

You couldn’t afford to bribe me 😂

Vibe Olympics 2018 - The Final - Results

4FD26F2A-645E-4B6E-963B-700E1B99703E.png.7167f389809edc1abc0fe1712d795806.png

Here we are then, the final time I will be posting results for the Vibe Olympics and by the end of this post we will have a new Vibe Olympic Champion.

I will try to keep this as short as possible, so we start off with team selections. @Taff opted to go with Arsenal for this final challenge and all three of @chewkaiwen @Rob2017 & @Woody decided that Atletico Madrid were more suited to the challenge.

As for team selections I will leave them under each competitors spoiler tab.

@Taff

Spoiler

CB - Winston Reid

CB - Toby Alderweireld

CB - Jose Gimenez

RM - Mathew Leckie

LM - Heung Min Son

CM - Emre Can

CM - Victor Wanyama

ST - Casimir Ninga

ST - Yoshinori Muto

ST - Jhon Córdoba 

@chewkaiwen

Spoiler

CB - Aymeric Laporte

CB - Winston Reid 

CB - Mohamed Elneny

RM - Mathew Leckie

LM - Takuma Asano

CM - Pangiotis Tachtsidis

CM - Walace 

ST - Fahad al-muwalld

ST - Anthony Ujah 

ST - Guido Carrillo

@Rob2017

Spoiler

CB - Winston Reid

CB - Yerri Mina

CB - Inigo Martinez

RM - Yannick Bolasie

LM - Dong Won-Ji 

CM - Leon Goretzka

CM - Cheikhou Kouyate

ST - Edinson Cavani

ST - Heung Min Son

ST - Chris Wood

@Woody

Spoiler

CB - Inigo Martinez

CB - Winston Reid

CB - Chancel Mbemba

RM - Leon Bailey

LM - Heung Min Son

CM - Wilfried Ndidi

CM - Walace

ST - Jamie Vardy

ST - Chris Wood

ST - Yoshinori Muto

So there we have the teams out the way, and I, happy to announce that all four of you managed to keep within the criteria that was set so there’ll be no disqualifications in this round. 

I can now reveal the person in fourth place with a grand total of 120.15 points and going home with absolutely nothing is.........

@chewkaiwen!! Commiserations to you mate, you managed to go all the way to the final but for you, your Olympic dreams have been crushed at the post.

So that means that Taff, Woody and Rob2017, you are all going home with a medal so that is a massive achievement in itself.

I can now reveal the person in third place and going home with the bronze medal with a grand total of 135.93 points is........

@Taff!! Congratulations Taff you are our bronze medalist after a fine showing in the final, it was however just not enough to secure you the win but you have done myself and your country proud after a valiant effort. 1st, 2nd and 3rd in all three of the Vibe Olympics is still a fantastic record all things considered. 

So that leaves the two of you, @Rob2017 & @Woody both of the outsiders of this final are funnily enough the top two in the results, so a huge congratulations to you both for coming so far and I’m sure the whole of Vibe will be proud of your achievements. So let’s get down to business, the winner of The Vibe Olympics 2018 with a huge total of 163.66 points is........

B3E86724-2A2E-40F4-BB59-4541A387D0BE.gif.9c6fe69d3b190c1ab766507321b7fdd9.gif

@Rob2017!!!! Huge congratulations to you Rob, you are our Gold medalist and a thoroughly deserved one at that as you absolutely smashed the final challenge and have been a dark horse throughout the competition. Commiserations to you @Woody your score of 140.98 wasn’t enough to give you the gold but it does give you the silver medal which I’m sure is more than you ever thought possible given your self proclaimed ‘outsider’ title.

Final Standings

9AC44382-C925-4C80-A844-C74717A44CEA.png.07e07bea0875d7b31e6071d41a9b79c9.png

Credit to @Foxy for providing the graphics throughout the tournament and to @Titjes for co-hosting with myself! On behalf of myself I’d like to thank you all for being a part of my first hosting duties on Vibe, I hope I did well and that you all enjoyed the competition.

Once again a massive congratulations to our new Vibe Olympics Champion, @Rob2017 this one belongs to you mate, enjoy it!

Massive well done to @Rob2017 on your gold medal:medal: You have been so consistent all the way through this tournament and I don't think anyone Vulcan deny you this success.

@Woody huge well done to you as well on your silver. You battled hard all the way through this compeition and I'm really pleased to see you get this reward.

@Taff a third Olympic medal and I know it won't be the colour you wanted but you have been as competitive as ever and a credit to vibe as always.

@chewkaiwen someone had to go home with nothing and unfortunately it was you but again you did great to get this far.

I want to say a massive thank you to @Nucleus and @Titjes for all your hard work on this as you have both run a great compeition despite a few headaches over the last few weeks. @Titjes you came up with some great challenges for each heat and really put us all to the test and @Nucleus all your posts have been first rate and you have been so organised each week.

I hope to bring you all an interview with our winner @Rob2017 tonight or tomorrow.

OH so gutted they started so well but fell to pieces at the end and I shouldn't have kept the team going in the cups but that's a lesson I've learned. 

But never mind I can't complain with a Bronze (I completed the set).  I've just really enjoyed this tournament and a huge shout to both @Nucleus and @Titjes for running a great competition, the challenges, the write ups they have all been top class and you have both been huge this year on Vibe and I hope it continues (despite all the issues during)

Huge congrats to @Rob2017 a very well deserved champion, as @Foxy said you have been so consistent during the Olympics that it's well deserved

and also to @Woody a silver medal out of nowhere well done dude 2nd place is huge and you should be very proud of your self

and one last thanks to Mrs. @PriZe for keeping him away long enough for the rest of us to win something

Massive congratulations @Rob2017! You've over come a hell of a lot to come out on top of this tournament! As have everyone else who got to the final. 

Finally i'd like to thank the hosts and everyone involved in running the event, considering everything it's been entertaining. 

Wow, can't believe I won that with the names in the competition. Chuffed to bits. Honesty does prevail. Any one the final four could have won it - I just had a work family day last sunday at which I spent far too much time thinking about my squad composition all the while looking players up on Wikipedia on my phone. 😅

Thanks to @Nucleus for organising a thoroughly enjoyable tournament despite a few knob heads trying to wreck it. Thanks for @Titjesfor the cool challenges and @Foxyfor the awesome graphics. 

What a stunning final :)  And so glad to see two "new" faces in the medals🙌🏻🙌🏻

You can leave it to our bunny @Taff to miss such an opportunity to get some gold! 

34 minutes ago, Taff said:

and one last thanks to Mrs. @PriZe for keeping him away long enough for the rest of us to win something

I thought of doing a Griezmann show if i would return to fmm 18 yes or no. But since holiday is over and i don't have the budget of Griezz i can officially let you know Mrs. PriZe has let me free again. So no more silverware for you @Taff :P 

Now @Woody way the go my man! 

tenor.gif?itemid=4186205 

@Rob2017 

tenor.gif?itemid=4860921

massive congrats! Consistent as F*ck and great performance! I am also happy to let you know that winning this Olympics grants you access to the Vibe Shield later on this year :) 

@Nucleus and @Titjes thanks for hosting and creating some awesome challenges! Also Titties thank you for liking all my comments in this thread😂👍🏻

Just got in guys been out for a meal for Mrs birthday....

I can't believed i medled...mega pleased.

Well done to all who participated and well done @Rob2017 superb win mate.

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Pleased for @Woody as well hopefully gives you a bit more confidence for the rest of the year!

Cheers bud....confidence has gone up a notch. I honestly did not think i would medal at all 😆

added 0 minutes later
6 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Team England 1 and 2

Oh yeah...me n @Rob2017 are gonna smash it(hopefully) 

1 hour ago, Taff said:

OH so gutted they started so well but fell to pieces at the end and I shouldn't have kept the team going in the cups but that's a lesson I've learned. 

But never mind I can't complain with a Bronze (I completed the set).  I've just really enjoyed this tournament and a huge shout to both @Nucleus and @Titjes for running a great competition, the challenges, the write ups they have all been top class and you have both been huge this year on Vibe and I hope it continues (despite all the issues during)

Huge congrats to @Rob2017 a very well deserved champion, as @Foxy said you have been so consistent during the Olympics that it's well deserved

and also to @Woody a silver medal out of nowhere well done dude 2nd place is huge and you should be very proud of your self

Mega proud mate...i'm not the best with EME compared to the rest of the olympians but ive not done too bad with a silver medal 😆

added 0 minutes later
2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Nah buddy that's going to be @Titjes and me👍🏻

Game on fella! 😉

Interview With Our New Olympic Champion

I was lucky enough that our new Olympic champion @Rob2017 took time out of his busy schedule and granted me his first interview following his gold medal performance. 

• How does it feel to be our new Olympic champion?

Rob: Absolutely ecstatic. There were some proper FMM legends in there, so to come out on top is both a surprise and a delight. To be fair, any of us could have nicked it and on the day it happened to be me.

• What was the secret of your success?

Rob: I fully expect we all did it, but the key was to focus on the challenge itself and how points were collated. Take the final round for example - the points for defenders were not that important. A rating of 9 gets you only two more points than a rating of 7. All you need is two goals or assists elsewhere to make up those points, which can happen in just one game. It’s all a bit like a school exam: ‘always read the question’.

• This was your debut Vibe event and you went and won it! Can we expect more success from you in the future?

Rob: Maybe, maybe not. I want to have a crack at a few more of the standard challenges. I am top of a few of them, so hopefully I’ll be able to top a few more. It all depends on whether the top dogs bother trying them or not, in which case I’ll have no chance! I also want to finish a 1kc off just for my own piece of mind.

• What plans do you have to celebrate your victory? Perhaps a Boozy week in Ibiza or maybe a trip to Las Vegas with the Brazilian beach volleyball team.

Rob: A night in with the World Cup on the telly, followed by a sleepless night with the missus and our eight week old son. Rock on.

Rob: Taff is one of the best on here and is a brilliant problem solver as evidenced in his legendary 3kc. My strikerless tactic is designed to score lots of goals, not to focus on one player scoring most of them. I think I’ve got a tweak that seems to be helping, but we will see. Regardless of what happens, I just hope both of us reach 500 and then go on to set a really score each.

• Do you have any words of consolation for your fellow finalists?  

Rob: They are proper contestants who scored amazingly throughout the tournament. I just lucked out in the final. Some of their scores were amazing and they’re all over the scoreboards on the forum, so it’s an honour to even compete with them let alone jammy a win.

I would also like to thank @Nucleus for organising a wonderful event and @Titjes and Foxy for their support. I enjoyed it and would have regardless of the outcome. Great stuff guys.

I would have loved to have asked a few more questions but his agent wrapped the interview up as @Rob2017 also had interviews with Sky Sports and the BBC to do before filming an advert alongside Mo Farah for his new sponsor Quorn. 

41 minutes ago, Woody said:

Cheers bud....confidence has gone up a notch. I honestly did not think i would medal at all 😆

added 0 minutes later

Oh yeah...me n @Rob2017 are gonna smash it(hopefully) 

I think we’ve kinda put a load of pressure on ourselves that we will regret 😭

2 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I think we’ve kinda put a load of pressure on ourselves that we will regret 😭

Maybe mate. 

But he have momentum 😆

Oh @Woody it was all going so well. Momentum DOES NOT exist in sport or any form of competitive activity full stop. It is a complete and utter myth of a word used by people to try and pretend they know what they are talking about.

Please someone tell me the difference between "momentum" and confidence. If you're more confident you are more likely to perform better on a game by game basis. Confidence comes through building up a series of good performances throughout matches. Momentum is just a random word invented and thrown in there.

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Oh @Woody it was all going so well. Momentum DOES NOT exist in sport or any form of competitive activity full stop. It is a complete and utter myth of a word used by people to try and pretend they know what they are talking about.

Please someone tell me the difference between "momentum" and confidence. If you're more confident you are more likely to perform better on a game by game basis. Confidence comes through building up a series of good performances throughout matches. Momentum is just a random word invented and thrown in there.

😂😂😂😂 you couldn't resist could you? 

It was definitely a tight contest, and sadly for the 2nd straight Olympics I am going home with absolutely nothing! :(

One could only wonder what would have happened if I had used the extra 54m in my bank to invest in better strikers/midfielders...

Congrats to @Taff, @Woody and @Rob2017 for your medals, totally deserved for your performances and it was fun facing such strong competitors in the rounds!

For funniest moment in the game, lets just put Harish trashing everybody in the strikerless challenge and then no-showing in the next! ;) 

10 hours ago, Titjes said:

Congrats to @Rob2017 for winning the Olympics, well done ;) 

Thanks, to everyone who participated, it was a fun :) 

Hopefully next year I'm allowed to host it again with wonderfull writer/thinker @Nucleus and of course the graphic master @Foxy ;) 

If you two host again then count me in now as this was a cracking event well done to you and @Nucleus