Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The Vibe Olympics 2018

Sorry guys, i missed the deadline. I’ve been stuck at 8 games in. Family and sadly work commitments that popped up over the weekend.

I tried to get the games in and failed. Sorry for prolonging the wait and the bad example. I wish you all good luck! Sorry @NucleusNT

4 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Sorry guys, i missed the deadline. I’ve been stuck at 8 games in. Family and sadly work commitments that popped up over the weekend.

I tried to get the games in and failed. Sorry for prolonging the wait and the bad example. I wish you all good luck! Sorry @NucleusNT

That’s no problem mate, thanks for letting me know. I knew it had to be something major for yourself to miss a deadline. Enjoy your FMM break dude, you deserve it

7 hours ago, NucleusNT said:

One of those has submitted, still waiting on five unfortunately.

Yes, reveal tonight around 7:30 😁

How has this time still not passed!! 

12 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Tell the missus that this is more important:P

Then when she kicks you out find some wifi and get the results posted.

We have 4G here in wales now! Woop woop

Heat One - The results

Phew, what a day! As most of you will know by now if you’ve been following the thread, we’ve had a number of competitors not submitting a score this week, @PriZe has kindly given me his reasons as to why he didn’t so for that I’d like to thank him. What that does mean for this weeks results is that everyone who did submit a score gets through to heat 2 regardless. So congratulations to all who submitted, you’ve lived to fight another day.

Now, let’s see how you all got on with your Jamaican striker. Most of you decided to go for Darren Mattocks, the only exceptions were @Titjes and @LenTheWelsh who went for Deshorn Brown and @Rob2017 was the only one to choose Giles Barnes.

As for the time it took you all to run your 100m, we had a three way  tie for first place between @Taff @RipRip and @chewkaiwen who all ran the best race at 11.5 seconds. What a terrible 100m sprint this is turning out to be, no one ran a sub 10 second race! @Ashezand @LenTheWelsh came next, running a time of 13 seconds and they were swiftly followed by @Foxy at 13.5 seconds. @Woody and my co-host @Titjes came next, running in 14 and 14.5 seconds respectively. @Harish came in at 15 seconds and last but certainly not least, @Rob2017 forgot his trainers at home apparently because he took 18.5 seconds.

Race result in full

But, as we all know, Goal difference came into play in this challenge too and even though @Rob2017 finished in last place in the race he ends up at a respectable 8th place due to his goal difference of +19. @Woody must not have got the memo as his goal difference of +7 gave him a challenge total of 26 points and a 10th placed finish, and to round things off @RipRip had the biggest goal difference at +29 to give him a huge challenge total of 51 points and first place in the first heat, so massive congratulations to you mate. @Taff comes in second placed with 46 points and @chewkaiwen followed up in third with 45 points.

Scorecard in full

Spoiler
  1. @RipRip 11.5sec (29) = 51pts
  2. @Taff 11.5sec (24) = 46pts
  3. @chewkaiwen 11.5sec(23)=45pts
  4. @Foxy 13.5sec (23) = 43pts
  5. @Ashez 13sec (20) = 40pts
  6. @LenTheWelsh 13sec (15)=35pts
  7. @Titjes 14.5sec (16) = 35pts
  8. @Rob2017 18.5sec (19) = 34pts
  9. @Harish 15sec (11) = 29pts
  10. @Woody 14sec (7) = 26pts

Its unfortunate, but we have to say goodbye to @PriZe @Krenzar @colin454 and @sanderfkong. Thanks Prize for your reasons, as for the others I can’t stress how much time and effort goes into these competitions and I’d wish you’d let me know as we could have had some reserves put in place.

71E84D13-FD81-402C-A1ED-05A029D8D0CE.thumb.png.2ff04df8a5d58742820ec4e25bfa88bf.png

Thanks as always to @Foxy for the graphic and to all of you guys for submitting, can’t wait to see you all in heat 2. Congratulations, and good luck for the rest of the competition.

Edited by NucleusNT

That's a long way to the top😮

Oh,boy....

Hope the next challenge is more to my taste.Need to brush up on those FMM skills.

Just now, Harish said:

That's a long way to the top😮

Oh,boy....

Hope the next challenge is more to my taste.Need to brush up on those FMM skills.

Points aren’t accumulated mate, everyone starts off at zero points in each heat. So long as you go through to each round, everyone has an equal chance of winning

6 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

Points aren’t accumulated mate, everyone starts off at zero points in each heat. So long as you go through to each round, everyone has an equal chance of winning

Ah,forgot about that bit...Lost all hope for a few seconds🙄

1 minute ago, Rob2017 said:

Thanks @NucleusNT.

Just out of interest who did everyone pick? I went for Barnes and he spent half of my games injured.

Ignore my question. For some reason half your post didn’t load on my iPhone. Turns out I was the only one stupid enough to go for Barnes.

Looks like I conceded a few too many but otherwise I'm not sure what else I could have done, well played lads. There's no point peaking early so the show goes on ;). 

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Ha ha ha i was going so well till the goals diff!!!

Seems my VPL performances have merged with the VO!

😭

You sure you didn't sign up for the wrong Olympics? The Paralympic version is always after the Olympics 😜

25 minutes ago, Taff said:

Oh 2nd place that’s s nice start but nice work @RipRip

cheers again to @Titjes and @NucleusNT for hosting

@PriZe you deserve a break (and that cheque is in the post😉)

bring on round 2

Couldn't say no to that! HELLO IBIZA😎

In all fairness i feel shit for dropping out so late due to all work from the Vibe Olympic team put in to this competition. Good thing do, time for a new winner! :D 

Well here we go again. Been a while since I've dusted this one off but another major event means another set of juicy odds.

bet tips.png

@PriZe started as the overwhelming odds-on favourite however his boss had other ideas meaning this competition is now wide open.

It will be no surprise to anyone that with the withdrawal of the newly crowned VPL champion, former Olympic champion @Taff starts this event as the favourite to win the crown for the second time however he does make a habit of bottling it on a regular basis which could open the door for @Foxy who is second favourite after his impressive major debut and @RipRip after taking pole position in the first heat.

In the next group we have the enigma that is @Ashez who is not happy to be high up in the odds but an experienced head is needed in these events and the former Challenge Cup champion is surely a contender to roll back the years and win this competition. Alongside him last year's finalist @chewkaiwen who was 3rd in the first heat.

Despite poor first round performances @Titjes and @Woody have the potential to launch a challenge. Both struggled in the VPL but showed glimpses of what they can do and sit nicely in the vibe rankings. @Rob2017 could also fall into this category and with some nice careers this year it wouldn't be a surprise to see him go far in the competition.

Finally onto the outsiders, @LenTheWelsh taking part in his first major on vibe however a great 6th place finish in the first heat showed that he isn't here to make up the numbers and and will be confident about his chances as will @Harish who will have to bounce back from a poor start but remains in with a chance to go far.

And here are the famous odds ;)

Taff - 3/1

Foxy - 9/2

RipRip - 6/1

Ashez - 8/1

chewkaiwen - 8/1

Titjes - 11/1

Woody - 12/1

Rob2017 - 16/1

LenTheWelsh - 25/1

Harish - 33/1

Ooo didn't expect to claim first place!

Thought I did quite well for Challenge One. Congrats to the other competitors!

Hope my good run continues in this event!

Looking forward to the next one (y)

5th in the odds and a 3rd place finish is something I am definitely happy about :D

Pretty surprised that I was 3rd given my result, Darren was good but he was inconsistent in my game, he cost me quite a bit of points because he tended to score multiple goals in a match but would not score in others at all even when we were dominating 😕

My approach was I substituted the striker the second he scored in most games to keep him fresh, while this worked I think it was also my downfall. Unfortunately the other striking options within the team didn't really deliver in the same way so maybe risking Mattocks more would have seen me score more. 

In truth though I scored a decent amount but I had alot of 4-2 wins and 2-2 draws which don't really help the goal difference lol, my issue has always been staying tight in defence on the EME. I haven't found that right balance as yet but I also haven't really tried as it only matters in events like this. However it's in events like this that the cheapness of the AI goals really infuriate me as it's so often from situations you can't impact like corners, free kicks and goal kicks into midfield being countered. 

While I'm not going to moan about injuries I did have a few that sucked, like at one point I had Lanzini, Noble and Obiang out which was far from ideal lol. 

48 minutes ago, Ashez said:

My approach was I substituted the striker the second he scored in most games to keep him fresh, while this worked I think it was also my downfall. Unfortunately the other striking options within the team didn't really deliver in the same way so maybe risking Mattocks more would have seen me score more. 

I did a similiar thing and if he had scored by an hour in I would hook him off although I was the same as @chewkaiwen and found that Mattocks would score a couple in one game and then struggle in the next one. Arnautovic was the real star for me and it was his goals that helped my GD make up for a slow sprint time.

11 hours ago, samhardy said:

Well here we go again. Been a while since I've dusted this one off but another major event means another set of juicy odds.

bet tips.png

I'm always happy to see this graphic back as it's one of my favourites😀 Not sure what I have done to deserve 2nd favourite status tbf.

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

I did a similiar thing and if he had scored by an hour in I would hook him off although I was the same as @chewkaiwen and found that Mattocks would score a couple in one game and then struggle in the next one. Arnautovic was the real star for me and it was his goals that helped my GD make up for a slow sprint time.

I'm always happy to see this graphic back as it's one of my favourites😀 Not sure what I have done to deserve 2nd favourite status tbf.

For me, Hernandez was the real star. Deployed a 2 striker formation and he was up on the top with Matlocks, Carroll replacing him every now and then if he had a bad game. Was considering a 1 striker formation but the risk was too big, I would rather they share the goals and I can get a win and 1 second from a game then to take a 2s penalty by not winning and Matlocks not scoring!

From my experience, I have suffered before playing a 1 striker formation-The striker fails to perform and if you didn’t place another goalscoring role (i.e IF or SS), you might find it difficult to win at times