Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll The Poll: Do You Ever Play With Attribute Masking On?

The Poll: Do You Ever Play With Attribute Masking On?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Ever Play With Attribute Masking On?

• I always have it turned on.
    • Sometimes I use it.
    • I never use it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/05/18 at 12:42

The Poll: Do You Play With Attribute Masking On?

1065474548_Screenshot_2018-05-20-13-33-30-11.thumb.png.cf629b5845d6ad9668340bfbb8a5b63c.png

Playing with it turned on is probably the most realistic and challenging way of playing the game as no real life manager has the exact information on every player in the world. It also gives more purpose to scouts and scouting in the game but how many of us have ever played with attribute masking on.

27 minutes ago, Foxy said:

The Poll: Do You Play With Attribute Masking On?

1065474548_Screenshot_2018-05-20-13-33-30-11.thumb.png.cf629b5845d6ad9668340bfbb8a5b63c.png

Playing with it turned on is probably the most realistic and challenging way of playing the game as no real life manager has the exact information on every player in the world. It also gives more purpose to scouts and scouting in the game but how many of us have ever played with attribute masking on.

This. I never turn it on, but imo it should be set on as default. 

4 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Never used it, what does it doe exactly? :laugh:

It basically hides the attributes of players not on your team, therefore you have to scout them to see the attributes. Correct me if I’m wrong though @Foxy849B90CD-2F6A-45B2-BDC0-15318B19E4AD.thumb.png.56aa755b91564559607ad252e5614aa6.png

This @Titjes is what you get, the most well known players have their attributes on show but the further down you go the less you see basically

Edited by NucleusNT

I've not used it in years, mainly because it's a time sink I can't be bothered with. I see the appeal but waiting a week or whatever for scout reports must be so boring lol. Personally i don't see it as something that adds much difficulty but less convenience. 

20 minutes ago, Ashez said:

something that adds much difficulty

I would say it does if you are a smaller team jumping up the leagues quickly as you would have less scouts so would have to wait longer for reports and if you don't have the best scouts you don't get the full hidden attributes straight away. I don't tend to use it but I might if I was planning a road to glory type save with a smaller team.

I'll admit I'm somewhat biased as I never use the scouts as I like using my own judgement on the players stats, I want to find that good player and have that rewarding feeling compared to the game or PA lists telling me who to use. 

Attribute masking just feels like an unnecessary hoop to jump through as squad building and player searching can take a while as is, especially with the search function being broken. 

I'd say the added difficulty comes from having to manage your time and resources more carefully more than from the game though. This feature is best used in the lower leagues and imo those leagues aren't that challenging as a solid tactic will usually see you successful. Once you're at a higher level real life knowledge or regens will likely see you do well, especially if you use sense on who you scout. 

I dunno I just don't like wasting time and to me this feature appears a massive waste of time lol. 

1 hour ago, NucleusNT said:

Correct me if I’m wrong though @Foxy

You are correct, I think playing matches against teams also reveals the masked attributes of those players involved in the game.

39 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Attribute masking just feels like an unnecessary hoop to jump through as squad building and player searching can take a while as is, especially with the search function being broken. 

Agreed and that is why I don't use it myself although I always feel like I should. I think it's a good option to have in the game but my guess is that most don't use it as it just slows the game down.

I'd wager more people pay for the editor purely for the true ability peak than play with the masking feature enabled 😛

I don’t tend to bother with masking. I play FMM for speed and ease. I want to be able to rattle through a season quick as a flash. That’s why I haven’t played the PC version in years. I don’t tend to bother with anything that slows this down.

I have always played with it on. I guess more out of habit now then anything else. 

I guess the way I see it is I wouldn't know the attributes of every player in the world without going to watch them. On the same note I can 100% see why people don' have them turned on as it is just another thing you have to do in the game that really isn't necessary. I guess it add slight more realism to the game. My favourite things is that you have the option to have it on or off. Play the game as you want to.

The way I see it is that football clubs regularly use the fm database to help with scouting for players so I’m going to use it too. It’s a fair simulation of what actually goes on and in real life the stats don’t always mean they will be a success/failure, like they don’t in game.

I never play with attribute masking on. I see it as an unnecessary hurdle that adds nothing to the game. 

I played with it on in every save, on every version, right up to FMM 2017. I turned it off when I started going after 1KCs and I realised no one else was using it!

I like the extra realism - I mean really neither I or my staff would know the attributes of all the players in the world - but it's a lot easier to build a team for a challenge with it off.