Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Champions League final Liverpool v Real Madrid

samhardy

I can honestly say I wish Liverpool the best of luck, but I can’t see anything other than a Madrid win.

2-1 Ronaldo to score both, Salah to net a consolation

Sorry @Ashez! 😂

16 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Karius 😂 Sign him up Stewart Donald!

Dodgy as hell Performance that! 🤨😂

I'm 100% proud of the outfield players, I have no complaints as imo we played well and were in control for large periods of the game. 

The Salah injury was a game changer as you could see the heartbreak and belief disappear as our main man left the field in tears, imo we did well to handle the style change and stay mentally strong until half time as if we conceded before that I think we'd have collapsed. 

However we bounced back and once again gained a foot hold in the game which shows fucking character imo as no-one hid and we came out fighting. Karius however is done. That first goal was unbelievable and simply unacceptable, that's the biggest match he'll ever play and he was that casual and useless?

However we didn't allow it impact us as we continued on and equalised from the excellent Mane who got the goal he deserved. Battling back from losing our star player and gifting a goal again shows how much we have in this squad. 

The first Bale goal there is nothing you can say, it's a complete worldie and I can't complain but clap. I haven't seen it back to see if anyone was at fault but it was a worldie, simple as. 

Again however it never felt like a done deal as we still showed signs of life only for Karius to throw another one in the net. Basically an own goal and an assist for Madrid tonight. I'm gutted as I've backed the lad and I think he has promise but he's done, we need to go all out and get that top keeper who wins you finals and not loses you them. 

The Salah injury was the turning point as it freed up Marcelo and as we saw last year we aren't as effective with only one pace outlet, I'd possibly argue the Lallana sub was wrong as I'd have gone for Moreno but who knows. 

I'm gutted but not as devastated as I expected as it was one of those days but losing a final in that way is painful. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The Salah injury was the turning point

Gotta feel for Salah, could be his World Cup over too 😮

Liverpool's defence looked shaky throughout imo. Only Robertson had a good game in the back line. Honestly believe if Salah stayed on they would have won comfortably, that's the worst Madrid team in years by a country mile.

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Just read dislocated shoulder and ligament damage!?! 

The question is did Ramos mean it?

Yep World Cup over.

i personally don’t think he did

Oh yeah I’m not denying the fact he’s a dirty bastard. Just in the Salah incident I don’t think he physically went out to hurt him, got their arms tangled and he came out worse is all I saw of it

2 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

Oh yeah I’m not denying the fact he’s a dirty bastard. Just in the Salah incident I don’t think he physically went out to hurt him, got their arms tangled and he came out worse is all I saw of it

He was clearly holding on though

Having seen the replay of the Salah injury...Ramos defo drags him to the floor and causes that injury!

Thought the Pool played well through out but the injury defo turned the game even at that early stage.

Fucking hate Ramos...one dirty twat that one!!

Feel for ya, Ashez. Would've hated to see Liverpool win tbh but seeing Madrid win it for a third consecutive time is nearly just as bad. So just watched the highlights.  

Those GK bloopers are unacceptable tho. Opens the way for Cillessen. 

After a night of reflection I can't say my opinion has changed at all, I still think we played well but a few things went against us which is football. 

1. Salah incident - I am starting to think it was deliberate but either way there was an element of luck in the fact the injury was as bad. This changed the game as it neutered our attack and changed our game plan massively while freeing up Marcelo. 

2. Karius First Howler - If it was a ploy by Madrid/Benzema then you have to credit them, Karius does that every game and last night the attacker was on to him. However again the deflection could have gone anywhere but it ended up in the net. If it went wide I'm sure Karius would have been shaken but it's nowhere near as damaging plus the elbow by Ramos coming to light could have played on his mind. 

3. Bale's Worldie - Sensational goal and unstoppable, maybe a CM or Robbo should have been closer but that doesn't get away from the fact it's a wonder goal that only comes off a fraction of the time, even when he hit it I wasn't worried as it didn't look a threat then it just dipped unbelievably into the net. Karius had no chance and goals like that are why we watch football. Although disallowed yellow card for a high boot? :p.......Yeah I'm taking the piss lol. 

4. Mane hits post - Talking of Benzema getting some luck and Bale pulling off a goal he'll likely never do again then you have Mane being like an inch away from levelling the score at 2-2. I was surprised the shit was as dangerous as it was but it was so close to hitting the post and going in. Even after a massive blunder and Salah going off we still looked dangerous with hope in our hearts. 

5. Karius Second Howler - This is the one that killed the game as it put it out of reach and imo this was a worse error than the first as it was just shit keeping. Mistakes happen but this is our keeper failing to do his job and costing us the match, let's not forget Karius has previous for this as the same thing happened against Roma but it hit the post. 

All week I've been banging on about two things to @samhardyand that's that we blitz them when we're on top and we deal with Madrid's dirty tactics. The first twenty we were on top and looking dangerous imo but we failed to score, however on the 26th min during our dominance Salah was taken out with an arm bar Ronda would have been proud of which knocked the stuffing out of us. At that point i think everyone knew we just needed to get to half time and regroup. As for the shithouse-ory we didn't fall into any traps as such but Salah was taken out, Romas elbowed the keeper, they dived at every opportunity and tried to get Mane sent off a few times. All things we should have expected and it looks like we prepared for it decently as we didn't react or getting silly bookings I was scared of. 

Then you come on to the future and like I said previously I'm incredibly proud of these lads, Madrid picked up their third trophy on the bounce and will arguably be known as one of the greatest club sides of all time! Yet they needed a worldie and our keeper to have two shockers to beat us? They rarely out played us, they rarely dominated and while this Madrid side clearly aren't the best side going they get the job done by hook or by crook. 

Klopp has the mighty reds back where we belong and our future is bright! Trent looks the business, Robbo is arguably the best LB in the league, Lovren was excellent last night, VVD has made a massive difference, Keita is in bound and we have the best front three in world football. That's the spine we've built and the best thing is they're all young, this team has years to grow and develop together and I'm positive Klopp will lead us to glory! Two European finals (Moreno, Karius head farts) and a league cup final (pens) is some going, sure we lost them but we go again, it's what we do! This run may have ended in failure but it's given me memories I'll never forget and that's what it's all about. Allez!

We have weaknesses and issues with squad depth (I wonder what difference a like for like sub for Salah could have made) but the summer is here and I trust Klopp to bring in what we need! I back Klopp 100% and tbh this squad probably isn't far away from the best LFC have had during my support of the club. It's miles better than the 2005 XI so I suppose you're putting our current front three against Rafa's midfield three but that's a chat for another day. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Could've had an effect I suppose. 

But why on earth didn't he signal his coach if he wasn't feeling 100%??

I agree that was my first thought and question which I can't answer, the ref never stopped play for medical advise though. 

Maybe he didn't feel it? I have no idea as I've never suffered one so I'm not sure? But at the same time he's a kid in the biggest final in world football and he'd have needed dragging off! So imo the issue was the foul was missed by like 3 officials so Karius wasn't assessed in match, if he was I'm sure we'd have taken him off.