Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Homegrown Academy Challenge

Large

This is a idea similar to the Lisbon Lions challenge created by @Cockers2505, however I feel that there are enough differences to make it a separate challenge.

Earlier this season Crewe Alexandra re-created history by naming a starting XI consisting of all homegrown players, all coming through their academy. They defeated Cheltenham 2-1 having previously achieved the feat in a 2-0 victory over Walsall in the 12/13 season as pictured above.

It is well known that Crewe have an excellent youth system for bringing up young players however not every club in League 2 is blessed with this capability.

Your challenge is to win the Champions League with a League 2 team, fielding a side of players produced by your chosen club in the final. The team must start with below average youth facilities or worse.

Obviously you'll be relying on your youth promotions at the end of every season, however if you're willing to put the effort into finding real life players who were produced by your chosen club then you can use them.

Rules:

• Your club must be in League 2 and start with below average youth facilities or worse.
  • You can upgrade as you go.
  • To complete the challenge, you must have your starting XI win the Champions League final being all produced by your club.
  • You can't offer contracts to shadow players in the reserves
  • No cheats, unlockables, reloading etc
  • Own tactics only
34 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Only a select few on Vibe could pull this off. An elite manager like myself ☺ 

Who you going to go with? Limited choice in L2 with requirements. Crewes facilities are too good which is a shame.

Hell of a challenge Sam maybe one I can sink my teeth into after I try the western euro club one again (fancy a nice team goal fest challenge)

To clarify you cant sign anyone even free players unless they was previously at your club. 

Only youth promotions allowed?

Or can you sign players but to win champs league they must be 11 home grown players from your youth?

10 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

To clarify you cant sign anyone even free players unless they was previously at your club. 

Only youth promotions allowed?

Or can you sign players but to win champs league they must be 11 home grown players from your youth?

You can sign whoever you want, however the challenge will only be completed when you win the Champions League with 11 home grown players. Real life players count as long as they had your chosen club, so Accrington for you, as their first club.

One thing I've added to the rules is no offering contracts to shadow players in the reserves, only youth promotions are permitted.

Nice Challenge mate, I like how we are all making these a little harder which makes the a little more tempting, I need to crack my own Celtic challenge before I attempt this I guess, but looks tempting none the less

You giving it a go very soon?

On 01/06/2018 at 12:26, Cockers2505 said:

Nice Challenge mate, I like how we are all making these a little harder which makes the a little more tempting, I need to crack my own Celtic challenge before I attempt this I guess, but looks tempting none the less

You giving it a go very soon?

Might do later on in the year, not really feeling FMM at present so hopefully it will return so I could give it a go.

On 28/05/2018 at 09:36, BatiGoal said:

Only a select few on Vibe could pull this off. An elite manager like myself ☺ 

Erm...thats a challenge there 😉

A PvP HAC....that could be fun 😆

On 02/06/2018 at 21:08, Woody said:

Erm...thats a challenge there 😉

A PvP HAC....that could be fun 😆

You can't challenge Vibe's Top Manager straight away, my friend. You need to beat little people first like @samhardy 😉 

10 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You can't challenge Vibe's Top Manager straight away, my friend. You need to beat little people first like @samhardy 😉 

I'm glad you used the politically correct term and not 'midget' 😅