Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help FMM with a notch

Anyone played the game with a phone that has a notch in the screen? (like the iPhone X).

Thinking of getting a OnePlus 6 but don't want it cutting into the screen.

I don't have the answer sorry, but it's something I've been wondering too. My next phone will likely have one (but I play FMM so much I might rethink that if it's not great).  

Having googled what the hell a notch on a phone actually is I found that some phones you seem to be able to “turn off” the notch by adding a black bar to the screen so maybe that is the way to get FMM running properly.

On 15/10/2018 at 15:20, Jeroenvk94 said:

I am not experiencing any issues with FMM on OnePlus 6.
Anyway, buy the phone, you won't regret it 😛

I have it now and tried it, there is definitely a problem.

The display is stretched and distorted compared to my Galaxy S7. The game knows there's a notch there as it doesn't use that area.

Hiding the notch or forcing the app not to use it in the settings doesn't make a difference.

Also, you have to tap to the left of some buttons to get them to click. Pretty disappointing as the phone itself is brilliant.

Looks like I'll stop playing until 19, hopefully that is better.

12 hours ago, Vaile23 said:

I have it now and tried it, there is definitely a problem.

The display is stretched and distorted compared to my Galaxy S7. The game knows there's a notch there as it doesn't use that area.

Hiding the notch or forcing the app not to use it in the settings doesn't make a difference.

Also, you have to tap to the left of some buttons to get them to click. Pretty disappointing as the phone itself is brilliant.

Looks like I'll stop playing until 19, hopefully that is better.

Are you on Android 9 already? That fixed it a bit for me.

Also, there's a setting in the display section that allows you to change an app to fullscreen by default.

Maybe you should try that!

Can confirm, the fullscreen setting fixes the tap accuracy thing. Downside : part of the screens falls off due to the notch 

Edit :

if you set the game to fullscreen and hide the notch by default, it works like a charm!

Edited by Jeroenvk94
Extra information
13 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Can confirm, the fullscreen setting fixes the tap accuracy thing. Downside : part of the screens falls off due to the notch 

Edit :

if you set the game to fullscreen and hide the notch by default, it works like a charm!

Tested that, indeed it does.

It still doesn't like the resolution of the phone as the display is still stretched out of proportion. Hopefully FMM19 sorts that.