Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career WC2018 - A 3 Lions Journey - WORLD CUP FINAL RESULT!!!

russia-world-cup.0.0.thumb.jpg.6c490f028ebcdcae6bbb13e51d1aa1ae.jpg

Welcome to the highlights of England's quarter final game against Algeria.

During the prematch press conference Woody stated that he was looking forward to the game and wouldn't be taking Algeria lightly. "Algeria are a decent side...they wouldn't be in the quarters if they weren't, we will be positive and we will be sticking to the same philosophy as we did in the last round against Columbia".

England do make 2 changes from the Columbia games as Walker and Rashford miss out through knocks with Dier and Sterling to slot in to replace them.

The teams are as follows:

Screenshot_2018-06-16-22-09-45.thumb.png.506793ad52cc1d3839b8edc0bf2e761a.png

England fans were in boyant mood as Algeria kicked us off.

1st Half...

Spoiler

England had all the play from the whistle putting Algeria under pressure, that pressure came with an early reward from an exquisite piece of skill from Lingard.

A neat one two with Sterling over on the right hand side who inturn released Lingard free from his marker and only 2 to beat...i little side step to the left and a lovely curled finish into the top left hand corner to put England 1 up.

The England pressure became to much for the fragile Algerian defence and England got their just rewards when Alli crashed a shot off the keepers left hand post and it fell right at the feet of Lingard who poked home from just a few yards to make it 2-0.

Algeria had barely recovered from the 2nd goal when Sterling nipped in on a poor pass from Bencherif..practically from the restart and smashed a shot from around 25 yards just to the keepers right hand to put the 3 Lions 3-0.

England were rampant and Algeria just couldn't get out of the own half.

England were controlling the game easily now and it took till almost half time before they extended their lead.

lovely play down the left wing from Rose who nipped infield and side stepping a couple of tackles and laying of to the impressive Vardy, he in turn moved the ball from left to right and thundered a shot in to the keepers left post from 20 yards to put England way in front and out of sight.

The Algeria heads were down from then on as the half came to a close

2nd Half...

Spoiler

The England supporters were deafening as Sterling restarted the game.

With England so far ahead and Algeria surrending to defeat the 2nd half was just a canter for the 3 Lions who controlled from the off. Excellent chances from Sterling, Alli and a long range effort from Henderson which just clipped the top of the bar were all that happened in a relatively quiet half as England had done all their great work in that scintillating 1st half performance.

The game pittered out in the final minutes and when the final whistle blew a chorus of cheers and whistles sounded around the ground as England reached the semi finals of a World Cup for 1st time since Italia 90.

It took an age to get a response from England boss Woody after the game as as you can imagine the whole team and staff were celebrating with the fans. When we did manage to get a few words this is what he had to say. "I can't believe we made it...we have surpassed the nations expectations and reached a World Cup semi final...i'm over the moon for the lads and i hope the nation is proud of what we have achieved!"

Woody obviously exstatic there and it will be exciting to see who they get in semi finals.

Screenshot_2018-06-16-22-30-26.thumb.png.59422f3a3bfc5514fb499fd48bcd51f9.png

Edited by Woody

russia-world-cup.0.0.thumb.jpg.d073f74cc6cc6c8653ebc74173510811.jpg

WELCOME TO THE SEMI FINAL MATCH UP BETWEEN ENGLAND BRAZIL.

Brazil will definately see them selves as favourites going into this game and so will most of the media.

Woody and his England boys however have over achieved somewhat but will be in confident mood.

We spoke to the 3 Lions boss prior to kick off and he had this to say. "Wow...what can i say, the lads have been fantastic and our performances have been slowly getting better, this game is huge and no matter what the outcome im sure the nation will be proud as much as i am".

Woody obviously in good spirit and i'm sure England will give their all but Brazil are a hugely difficult prospect.

Here is the confirmed line ups:

Screenshot_2018-06-17-13-39-57.thumb.png.6cbffb49101c52a19ddd5eca30fd72b8.png

England make a forced change as a knock in training for Rose forces him out of the game with Delph making his 1st appearence of the World Cup at left wingback and there is the return of Walker at centre half to give England that much needed pace at the back in place of Dier.

1st half..

Spoiler

A huge roar as Brazil get this semi final under way....

Brazil enjoyed most of the ball in the 1st ten minutes with Firmino and Barbosa enjoying too much freedom in the final 3rd.

England found them selves in the Brazil half in the 13th minute and a cross from Delph was headed out for a corner from Danilo.

Henderson's corner wasn't dealt with and a mele in the box had the ball knocked into his own net by a happless Casimiro to put England 1 up!

Brazil seemed to lose shape after that and England were determined to venture forward were starting to cause the Samba boys alot of problems.

7 mins later and a foul on the tricky Alli 20 yards from goal gave Henderson the chance to score.

Henderson send a thumping drive over the Brazil wall which hit the bottom right hand post but Brazil failed to clear their lines and and the ball found its way over on the right hand side to the feet of Trippier who quick think and far post cross found Vardy wide open who tucked the ball in from 10 yards to put an exstatic England 2 up!

The England crowd were going wild as the 3 Lions could not believe how they could be 2 nil up after only 20 mins.

Brazil could not get into the England half and allowed England more possesion and chances as the half came to an end.

2nd half...

Spoiler

England began the 2nd half with good possession but Brazil were imposing them selves with a few choice tackles.

Brazil were starting to create more and had the best of the halfs chances but found England resolute with Pickford making some good saves.

England played out the 2nd half in relative easy fashion as Brazil couldn't an opening.

Brazil fans will be wondering why the fidn't start with Neymar as he would obviously of been more effective.

The final minutes passed as England progressed into the World Cup final.

A water soaked Woody finally got round to speaking to the press at pitch side and was in an exstatic mood. "We've done it! Get in!! I can't believe it...we were by far the better side and i don't think Brazil turned up. Having not started with Neymar it gave us a massive incentive and we took it".

Brilliant performance from England and we are all hoping the fairy tale continues.

Screenshot_2018-06-17-13-44-45.thumb.png.006aa6f18fce0e560ce87ef50edacbea.png

Edited by Woody
15 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Smashed them! 

7 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Job done. 11 shots to 4 too. Go grab that trophy

We are bringin' it home boys!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Woody said:

We are bringin' it home boys!!!!!

I think you misunderstood, I’m still hoping for Ronaldo to break your heart in the final 😂

25 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I think you misunderstood, I’m still hoping for Ronaldo to break your heart in the final 😂

You Welshies 😆

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Make sure you win the final as I want to use the winning gif I have lined up and not the losing one.

We will do our upmost to secure World Cup glory! 😉

22 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I'm English and hope you lose the final!

Thats only because your a Mackem 😂 and i support the Toon...i thought we had built bridges dude 😢

30 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Ronaldo hatrick against Brazil? :P

You got thisbin the pocket against Spain mate, let's say a 3-1 victory in the final? :D

It wont let me click on thw result to find out....😕

Lets just say he did 😆

Edit: just checked his profile and he only scored 1 in 4 appearences...plus he is currently injured for 2 weeks with a sprained ankle so he might not of even played in that game.

Edited by Woody

I hope your entire team suffers from a broken spine the day before the match, and you have to play the match with shadow players who are all the distant relatives of Carlton Palmer