Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career WC2018 - A 3 Lions Journey - WORLD CUP FINAL RESULT!!!

35 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I hope your entire team suffers from a broken spine the day before the match, and you have to play the match with shadow players who are all the distant relatives of Carlton Palmer

Just bitter 😂

russia-world-cup.0.0.thumb.jpg.8734529d71291c89ad17690f1251eaea.jpg

HELLO EVERYONE AND WELCOME TO THE 2018 WORLD CUP FINAL.

It has been a fantastic tournament in which many of the worlds top players failed to shine.

That didn't deter the rest on view as we witnessed some fantastic games.

Today though is our main focus as England take on the mighty Spain.

Both teams escaped their respective groups with 100% record, but England sprung the greatest surprise by beating Brazil in the semi final.

Woody's prematch press conference was a nervy one as the England boss touched on the subject of the players missing out.

"We have a few injuries to contend with, Kane is only 85% and Alli and Henderson picked up yellows against Brazil and will miss the game through suspension. I am sure the lads taken their place will do me proud but this is going to be a tough game".

Woody obviously playing Englands chances down there but this is a World Cup Final where anything can happen.

Todays teams are:

Screenshot_2018-06-17-18-31-43.thumb.png.6803f3480cb9214c22e0950993c46235.png

1st half...

England won the toss and started us off...

Spoiler

A tense start to the game brought few early chances but in the 8th minute Spain had the 1st shot on goal.

A sublime piece of skill from Isco taking out 2 England players and dancing infield to lay off a short pass to Mata who inturn shifted the ball from right to left foot and slotting a shot pass a Walker attempted block which clipped Pickfords left hand post.

Minutes later England had their 1st shot at goal...a one two between Loftus-Cheek and Delph opened up space down the Spanish left putting Young free, his cross to Kane who flicked it backwards despite the nudge from Ramos and Vardy poked a shot towards goal but De Gea managed to get the slightest of hands to it to tip it past his right hand post.

The half continued in a tense contest with minimal chances...it seemed the occasion was getting to both teams and the half ended 0-0.

2nd Half....

Spoiler

Spain restarted as the crowd cheered..

The tenseness continued with both sides unwilling to open up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

With the game starting to become a drap affair and a restless crowd, England tried to open up Spain going into the final 10 minutes. Vardy trying his best to out  muscle Pique but the Spaniard comitted a foul to give England the best chance of the half.

Young stepped up to take the free kick 12 yards outside the Spanish penalty box, he curled it but it clips Thiago on the end of the wall and just whizzes pasy De Gea's left hand post.

The whistle blows as England and Spain play out the 90 minutes at 0-0

Extra Time 1st Half...

England make 2 changes bringing on Sterling for Kane and Dier for Loftus-Cheek.

Spoiler

The fresh legs seemed to have envigourated England as straight from the whistle England began pounding on the tiring Spanish back line.

Fantastic work in midfield from Delph who laid off a short pass to Lingard who spun from his marker and sending a marauding Young off down the Spanish right...his cross wasn't dealt with by Pique and the ball fell lose outside the area and an unmarked Delph smash a shot goalwards which De Gea had no chance of stopping to put England 1 up.

The England fans were going wild as Spain restarted.

The Spanish had barely recovered when Stones intercepted a Vasquez pass who was trying to set Costa free, he launch a cross field pass to a fresh Dier and brought the ball down instantly and laid of a good pass to the right hand side to Trippier. His cross into the box ricocheted off Ramos and Vardy pounced to stab home to put England 2 up!!

ENGLAND ENGLAND rang through the ground!!

The half ended with England infont and Spain staring defeat in the face!

2nd Half...

Spoiler

Spain finally started to play knowing they had to apply pressure to get back into the game.

Isco and Costa combining well in the early stages but finding a sturdy Pickford in their way.

Spain continued to pitter the England goal with long range efforts but never really troubling the England goal...England ran the game down at this point to take the game 2-0

1112886638_tenor(1).gif.c3204b5a63db743d7097259ac1fe5efb.gif

!!!ENGLAND WORLD CUP       CHAMPIONS!!!

Screenshot_2018-06-17-18-37-49.thumb.png.009a8a8baa15d2ed13d0cff4f9e02fd8.png

The stadium errupted to cheers and a chorus of 3 Lions....England had done it. WORLD CHAMPIONS for the 2nd time.

The players were jumping into the crowd and celebrating with supporters who had stuck behind the team the whole way.

Woody spoke to the media when we finally got hold of him...

"I just can't believe it, i can't say it was the greatest final but i think saving the subs which was a massive gamble untill extra time really paid off and i think Spain struggled to contain the fresh legs. I don't know what else to say i'm just overwhelmed really. I do just want to say thank your for all the support back home even the negative banter from those Welsh folk 😉"

Well thats it folks...England are World Cup 2018 Champions....

Great, won’t hear the end of this for another 60 odd years! 😡

Spoiler

Great career mate, enjoyed the ride...reluctantly 

1 minute ago, Titjes said:

Congrats with the world cup mate, well done ;)

Cheers dude....going into extra time it was nerve wracking..  😂

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Image result for england 66 gif

Image result for footballs coming home gif

Its perfect! 😉

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Reveal hidden contents

You looking forward to my historic tactics in FMM: Woody's Wonders article in 2078?

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

You looking forward to my historic tactics in FMM: Woody's Wonders in 2078?

😂 that would good...but i think we got lucky. Will share the final tactic shortly.

added 0 minutes later
3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Reveal hidden contents

No you wont 😂

Glad you enjoyed it though 😉

5 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Great read this!

Good fun and very detailed.

Thanks bud..tried to make it as fun as possible...didn't i would win though. 😉

3 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

Hurrah! Love it.

Glad you did bud.

2 hours ago, JohnyBravo said:

Good job, really interesting read.

Thanks mate..i do try 😉

24 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Well done 👍 

England champions, wow, only in FMM where the impossible becomes possible 🤣

Obviously...this will never happen irl...😆

This was ace, congratulations mate! I believed in you enough that held off on reading this until today to get the spirits believing and it's worked! Come on England! 

7 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Good read and well presented @Woody enjoyed it and had a few laughs with some of the Welsh comments 😂

With tonight looming, what's you prediction

Sorry for late reply...been on a plane to Menorca..and i've been sunning it.

I'm going for a 2-0 England win and a good performance.

5 hours ago, PriZe said:

Reloader😡

😂😂

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

This was ace, congratulations mate! I believed in you enough that held off on reading this until today to get the spirits believing and it's worked! Come on England! 

Feel the energy mate....and we shall conquer all 😉

Great read, although pretty unrealistic - England would obviously bottle it if they had to face Australia in real life! :P 

Great job though. Waiting to see if this comes true (sort of seems like anything could happen this year).