Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article FMM 2019 Ideas Series: Set Pieces

Ashez

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I am biased tbh as even with real life football I can't be doing with press conferences as I very rarely watch or read them, even Liverpool's as you do the talking on the pitch. All I'm asking for is that FMM allows us to do that. I often moan FMM feels like I'm playing by SI's script so the last thing I need is for them to speak for me in a worthless dating sim mini games, within a week we'd all know the correct answers anyway so it's a total waste of time. It's football manager not newspaper story maker! Long live the football! 

Shhhhhh you're stealing all my material😫

This is probably the biggest thing I would like to see. The idea that we have next to no control over one of the most effective ways to score goals (as showcased by England) is absurd. It wouldn't be that hard to add an extra tab in tactics for this, and there could be presets for lazy people. 

35 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

This is probably the biggest thing I would like to see. The idea that we have next to no control over one of the most effective ways to score goals (as showcased by England) is absurd. It wouldn't be that hard to add an extra tab in tactics for this, and there could be presets for lazy people. 

The only reason I see not to include it is if it becomes too easy to break. We had a brand new engine not long ago and I have no idea how set pieces weren't built into it! 

I think individual instructions is the way to go....it would make as i have said before more unique tactics.

Id also like to see multiplayer - would be great for vibe H2H's(just a thought).

Everyone has their own ideas whether right or wrong, its all based on our experiences with the pc versions. 

I admit teamtalks is not the way to go as pointed out would be like playin Monkey Island! 

Coaching needs a massive overhaul, a 3d pitch would be nice too.

I was never a fan of the sliders but the old school with or without ball could be a useful tool for certain things especially for corner positioning.

Thats just my 2 cents 😆😉

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

Id also like to see multiplayer - would be great for vibe H2H's(just a thought).

Only if it works. I think I mentioned it before but online in the pc version has always been virtually unplayable in my experience.

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

was never a fan of the sliders but the old school with or without ball could be a useful tool for certain things especially for corner positioning.

The campaign start now to bring back the tactics screen from CM 01/02 with the arrows and with and without the ball screens.

The last time online was discussed by SI they said it's not viable as it failed on the PSP, that wasn't that long ago either, maybe a year or two. 

22 minutes ago, Woody said:

Everyone has their own ideas whether right or wrong, its all based on our experiences with the pc versions

I've never played FM so my suggestions are ones I come up with, call me original but I don't want FMM to follow FM's example, I want it to be it's own thing and take it's own risks. Why have three games in the same genre doing the same thing? Most the things implemented from the PC game suck, let's have FMM as it's own thing, who knows maybe they could implement something that could inspire the PC game instead. 

25 minutes ago, Woody said:

Coaching needs a massive overhaul, a 3d pitch would be nice too.

I'd rather they remove the pitch and go text only and hard into the stats. Like I said make FMM it's own experience instead of FM's cousin. 

26 minutes ago, Woody said:

I was never a fan of the sliders but the old school with or without ball could be a useful tool for certain things especially for corner positioning.

I'd love this control! Along side an average position heat map for each role and player!

24 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The last time online was discussed by SI they said it's not viable as it failed on the PSP, that wasn't that long ago either, maybe a year or two. 

I've never played FM so my suggestions are ones I come up with, call me original but I don't want FMM to follow FM's example, I want it to be it's own thing and take it's own risks. Why have three games in the same genre doing the same thing? Most the things implemented from the PC game suck, let's have FMM as it's own thing, who knows maybe they could implement something that could inspire the PC game instead. 

I'd rather they remove the pitch and go text only and hard into the stats. Like I said make FMM it's own experience instead of FM's cousin. 

I'd love this control! Along side an average position heat map for each role and player!

1 out of 3 aint bad 😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, Ashez said:

who knows maybe they could implement something that could inspire the PC game instead. 

I’m all for this. Use us as a testing ground by all means! 😁

I've just never liked the view that we're the little cousin in TM's shadow when our series is over a decade old now, it's about time it was seen as it's own thing instead of a baby FM. This mentality has always been with the series and clearly is how SI see it but it frustrates me 😛

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've just never liked the view that we're the little cousin in TM's shadow when our series is over a decade old now, it's about time it was seen as it's own thing instead of a baby FM. This mentality has always been with the series and clearly is how SI see it but it frustrates me 😛

I am with you. I don't want it to mimic FM....i stopped playing FM bcus it got too much. The game got bogged down an i didnt enjoy it anymore.

But implementing things from the 'old old' games when things were simpler could be a game changer for FMM. 😉