Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Tedious saves

Hi all,

This morning I come to you guys with a bone to pick with this game, now don't get me wrong I love football manager and it's great to see SI bringing more to the game year after year but I find myself stuck in two minds whether or not to quit halfway through my second season pretty much every single save. (even when I do a save with my supported club Hibs). I feel like FMM needs a new feel to it, I would love to be able to do even half the stuff we can do on the FM game on computers. Tell me if I'm just being a pain but I think my thoughts are valid and hope FMM 19 has a lot more content and things to do such as press conferences and the small things that make FM such a hit.

Feel free to debate and let me know what you guy would also like to see on our new FMM19.

Personally I don't think the game needs press conferences and stuff like that as it'll just bog it down in my opinion, my advice to you to keep saves entertaining is set yourself a clear target for the save. It can be as simple as say winning the Champions League or maybe one of the wonderful challenges we have here. I've never been able to aimlessly play FMM so created targets really bring that drive to the series imo

29 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Personally I don't think the game needs press conferences and stuff like that as it'll just bog it down in my opinion, my advice to you to keep saves entertaining is set yourself a clear target for the save. It can be as simple as say winning the Champions League or maybe one of the wonderful challenges we have here. I've never been able to aimlessly play FMM so created targets really bring that drive to the series imo

It’s true that I have never done a save that is on this but I recently done one that involved my supported team hibs and only buying and using Scottish players but halfway through my second season I gave up as I hit a very poor run of form and nothing I could do would work to turn it around!!

To be honest i was an advocate of team talks....but i have been swayed somewhat 😉

I do admit the game could have an overhaul with a few new bits added. Defo more tactical approaches would massively benefit the game.

I honestly don't play the game the way i used to...everything is geared the Vibe way now 😂

Edited by Woody
5 minutes ago, Woody said:

To be honest i was an advocate of team talks....but i have been swayed somewhat 😉

I do admit the game could have an overhaul with a few new bits added. Defo more tactical approaches would massively benefit the game.

I honestly don't play the game the way i used to...everything is geared the Vibe way now 😂

It’s these small things that would make me so much more intrigued in playing on after a season or two

I'm just not in the camp that thinks repetitive, multiple choice questions will add depth, especially length as it sounds so tedious. 

As @Woodyalluded to, take a look at the challenges on here and try and nail some of them. Try the ‘Bad Boys of Brazil’ challenge as it’s a good two season job.

Individual instructions would be good.

As i have most of my teams playing short passing it would be great to have my APM playing a more mixed style as would want him to pick out players further away rather than just picking out the shorter pass.

I think this limits us in an attacking sense..i mean we have goalkeeper distribution so why not individual.

Plus having that winger who you just want to hug the line....they dont do it at all and having an INF who cuts inside but doesn't have long shots on and plays in a forward instead. Would massively benefit single striker tactics.

Just a thought 😌

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

As i have most of my teams playing short passing it would be great to have my APM playing a more mixed style as would want him to pick out players further away rather than just picking out the shorter pass.

I think this limits us in an attacking sense..i mean we have goalkeeper distribution so why not individual.

Plus having that winger who you just want to hug the line....they dont do it at all and having an INF who cuts inside but doesn't have long shots on and plays in a forward instead. Would massively benefit single striker tactics.

Just a thought 😌

Since when did you start making sense😳😂

5 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Since when did you start making sense😳😂

Its father day...only day of the year we are allowed to make sense(and the wife listens)😂😂

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Just a thought 😌

I was thinking this earlier about the removal of the DMC BBM role, sure you can make him deep via the settings but then everyone is deep. It's rather annoying as I like the idea of a BBM advancing from deep and being a tad more defensive minded. 

Edited by Ashez
4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I was thinking this earlier about the removal of the DMC BBM role, sure you make him feel via the settings but then everyone is deep. It's rather annoying as I like the idea of a BBM advancing from deep and being a tad more defensive minded. 

Exactly...more like a marauder.

Those types of players just can't be man marked or tracked.