Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Salohcin Bangs Goalz (Western European Edition)

Hello everyone! Im back after serving a portion of national service and also recovering from the trauma of losing my SAF challenge save from last season. Yeap! That's right! This is only my first challenge attempt this year as I barely had time to play the game. 

So to ease myself back, i thought i would go for something simpler (i hope) and do the Western European Club Challenge! The rules of this challenge are simple- beat the record number of goals in 4 leagues in 30 seasons. 

Without further ado, let me present the chosen club in the Bundesliga where i will start my career.

N_MdhQ6f_400x400.jpg.8f647544b93cd1bdcd17db0c5c57dab2.jpg

THE MIGHTY BORUSSIA DORTMUND! Not the strongest team in the league, mainly because of Bayern getting all of their players, but have plenty of talent especially in the attacking front- a combination of Yarmolenko, Schurrle, Reus, Pulisic etc and with new additions, makes this a very strong squad!

So i have a go-to tactic that i stuck to in the 1st season but failed spectacularly as my players could not adapt to it, even falling to 7th place at one point and almost faced the sack.

Screenshot_20180617-212350.thumb.png.e7ea0a87cf366dd31c5bd371e7445d67.png

So as can be seen above, my first season was a wreck and only managing 90 goals. German Cup was lost to Bayern and well Champions League didnt go well for us at all. 

But i stuck to my tactic and im pleased to say

Screenshot_20180617-212337.thumb.png.a7d06c455c6d2051d76e2d8f02a0a70a.png

Though it wasnt the best result that could be achieved, WE STILL GOT THE JOB DONE!

First, we finally won Bayern.

Second, we clinched the title.

And lastly also the most importantly, we hit 106 goals, thus banging enough goals to defeat the previous high of 101!

Screenshot_20180617-212330.thumb.png.75e1c4dbc23bba5fc10f63daf19fe623.pngScreenshot_20180617-215608.thumb.png.34ce071a776521e6353b298d4d2a948e.png

That's it for my first update and the next step shall be in the English Premier League, really tempted to wait till the Man Utd job is available but oh well might take some time so yeah let's see where I will be next season!

Thanks for reading!

Thanks guys! Have already gotten my job at England! Shall reveal it tonight! 

But some clues for yall

- Top half of the table

- Legendary but not so legendary

- Real life team has decent to great players but just cant get it going

Make a guess!

5 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Thanks guys! Have already gotten my job at England! Shall reveal it tonight! 

But some clues for yall

- Top half of the table

- Legendary but not so legendary

- Real life team has decent to great players but just cant get it going

Make a guess!

I’m guessing Everton 

Nice try @Foxy @Nucleus can see where yall are coming from

But NO! 

This club was known as the invincibles in 2004, pretty legendary huh, but yet they haven't won a title since then, not exactly legendary anymore. Great players like Auba, Ozil and Laca but yet they don't seem to be able to pull together a string of wins and challenge for the title as can be seen from their performances in recent years.

So yeah! Arsenal FC is the club I got, seeing that Arsene Wenger retired, i immediately applied and thought i will be getting an easy job because the players they have are pretty decent already.

Screenshot_20180617-232443.thumb.png.88a197e0af5da347ce6f5c5dfc77d4ae.pngScreenshot_20180617-232721.thumb.png.d6041830f1df1d8fa62b984b2f9f562b.png

Furthermore, I have been given a pretty large budget to work towards the goal so i accepted it immediately! 

Will bring the next update ASAP though i will be pretty busy the next few days.

Hey old boys! Now just a quick update about this challenge.

So I started my work at Arsenal and the first thing I was told not to do was "DON'T PULL A MOURINHO!" and i understood that as no boring football. Secondly, I was told "DON'T PULL A LIVERPOOL!" which i guess is please win a title soon. Finally, the board told me "DON'T SPEND TOO MUCH!" WELL! Just typical Arsenal then!

It does seem like my tactic of full out attack will only work properly after the first season so yeah yall should roughly know where this post is going...

In my first season at Arsenal, how did i do?

Screenshot_20180629-150042.thumb.png.a526026c7288aa00f4059d6c97f78ef7.png

Too many losses, too many draws for my liking but hey at least we gave Man City a good fight! 103 goals not satisfactory at all and am conceding too many goals on the counter. But I am a real stubborn coach so not gonna tone down my attack!

Screenshot_20180629-150143.thumb.png.5162fcba17ff680e91404f1ee873c51f.png

From here, we can see that Auba really lit it up! 51 goals is real good for a formation that has 2 strikers! (Might share my tactic in future if anybody wants or can just PM me). And being a sentimental coach, i brought along Van de Beek, Akanji and Isak from Dortmund to bolster the aging population at Arsenal and boy were they great signings!

Screenshot_20180629-150158.thumb.png.5006be7a86f202832bb65323032c5c48.png

Besides the 2nd place finish, also won a few cups but the most important thing was not met.

Yes 103 goals aint enough to beat the 106 goals. I'm staying at Arsenal for at least 1 more season and I'm setting a target of 140 goals for next season, not just gonna beat the record but I'm out to crush it! Let's go Gunners!!!

And thanks for reading!