Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Money in the Bank (WWE)

Rob

I’ve seen a few WWE references elsewhere on here, so wondering if anyone else managed to see this? If so, thoughts?

Edited by Rob2017

I don't watch it anymore outside of occasionally the big PPV's with my little brother like Wrestlemania. Loved it as a kid though, I've seen the MITB results and nothing really appears interesting really. 

I am kind of in love with Alexa Bliss though 😛

3 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Me too. The pop from the Chicago crowd when she won the title was immense.

She's the last person who needed to win MITB or the title though imo, she's held it for ages and hasn't she just had a feud with Nia? Where does it go from here? (Like I said i don't watch it but I do keep an eye on it lol). 

I’m a bit like @Ashez on this, I don’t watch it but I do read up on results and that on bleacher report 😁 just seen a clip of Ronda Rousey go ape on Monday night Raw last night which was pretty sweet to watch 😅

I’m like you guys - don’t watch RAW or Smackdown - but I have the network so watch the PPVs and reminisce about the stuff from when I was a nipper. Plus I listen to a few of the podcasts. Thoroughly recommend the Bruce Pritchard one.

MITB was one of my favourite events in ages. The Reigns match was a bit of a stinker, but everything else was entertainment. 

And Ellsworth returned, which is frankly awesome.

added 0 minutes later
54 minutes ago, Woody said:

Christ stop watching this yonks ago...😂

Was a big fan of the Hardy Boys though.... @samhardy i think thats where my appreciation for you comes from 😍😉

Broken Sam?

5 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I’m like you guys - don’t watch RAW or Smackdown - but I have the network so watch the PPVs and reminisce about the stuff from when I was a nipper. Plus I listen to a few of the podcasts. Thoroughly recommend the Bruce Pritchard one.

MITB was one of my favourite events in ages. The Reigns match was a bit of a stinker, but everything else was entertainment. 

And Ellsworth returned, which is frankly awesome.

added 0 minutes later

Broken Sam?

He supports Sunderland he's propper broke 😂

They don't make characters like they used to and anyone half decent they have they ruin. I know it's popular to say Roman sucks but even as a casual he does my head in, he does a spear and a punch over and over and always wins so what's the point. I don't care so much that he always wins it's just his move set is repetitive and boring. I hated HHH as a kid as he always won, I hated he always beat Austin but he could wrestle at least and be entertaining, the most pissed off I've ever been with wrestling is Austin losing the three stages of hell match in the way he did verse HHH and that he didn't win the first undisputed title verse Y2J. 

Wrestlemania 17 though 😮

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Wrestlemania 17 though 😮

Best PPV ever no doubt! The Triangle ladder match was especially pleasing and then Austin’s deal with the devil at the end was just jaw dropping stuff

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Best PPV ever no doubt! The Triangle ladder match was especially pleasing and then Austin’s deal with the devil at the end was just jaw dropping stuff

Oh it's an amazing show, in hindsight Austin shouldn't have gone heel but at the time I was shocked and glued. 

Another favourite of mine would be the unlicensed street fight between HBK and HHH, I want to say it's a Summerslam match but I'm not sure. 

Randy Orton is the one who never pushed on like I hoped he would, he's a top guy but I don't think he's lived up to his potential. 

From what I've seen I really like AJ Styles, I tell you now he'd of had a classic with a peak HBK, now that's a dream match. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Oh it's an amazing show, in hindsight Austin shouldn't have gone heel but at the time I was shocked and glued. 

Another favourite of mine would be the unlicensed street fight between HBK and HHH, I want to say it's a Summerslam match but I'm not sure. 

Randy Orton is the one who never pushed on like I hoped he would, he's a top guy but I don't think he's lived up to his potential. 

From what I've seen I really like AJ Styles, I tell you now he'd of had a classic with a peak HBK, now that's a dream match. 

Don’t recall the street fight! I watched Styles when he was on TNA and he was definitely my favourite. WWE has gone a bit too PG for my liking but I can’t resist reading up on results now and again. My favourite match has to be the Armageddon hell in a cell!

Full on chaos in this match between the top names at the time!

If it's not attitude era I haven't got a clue, I grew up with the likes of Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Million Dollar Man, Legion of Doom, Bret Hart and the like, but then I got really into it during the Attitude era 1999-2002 Austin, Rock, HHH, Hardy Boys, Dudley WWE/WCW/ECW feud

But I doubt I could name 3 of the current crop 

Armageddon was awesome tbf. 

No full fight on YT but here are the highlights, summerslam 2002. 

HBK returned after retiring from a back injury and HHH turned on him, the back bumps HBK takes are brutal. 

8 minutes ago, Taff said:

If it's not attitude era I haven't got a clue, I grew up with the likes of Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Million Dollar Man, Legion of Doom, Bret Hart and the like, but then I got really into it during the Attitude era 1999-2002 Austin, Rock, HHH, Hardy Boys, Dudley WWE/WCW/ECW feud

But I doubt I could name 3 of the current crop 

The invasion was awful looking back at it but in the time it was freaking amazing. Just think how it could have been if they held out for the big contracts and the invasion included Sting, Goldberg and the other top guys instead of Booker, RVD and DDP who while good aren't Goldberg lol. The invasion of too messy when Austin and Kurt kept swapping sides. 

Shawn Michaels was brilliant...i used to like Diesel too when those two paired up.

When i 1st really got into wrestling around the age of 11 Razor Ramon was my fave and i used to do Razor's Edge on my brother 😂😂

48 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Royal Rumble 92 just pips it for me. An utterly stacked card.

1 minute ago, Rob2017 said:

Too young to remember that one! I’d have been 2 😂 and as the royal rumble is in January and my birthday is in March I don’t think I was even 2 🤣

Classic at Wembley always loved the Legion of Doom (me and my brother used to perform the doomsday device on our little cousin)

But I really loved the attitude era and this was one of the matched that summed it up for me

Amazing

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

Shawn Michaels was brilliant...i used to like Diesel too when those two paired up.

When i 1st really got into wrestling around the age of 11 Razor Ramon was my fave and i used to do Razor's Edge on my brother 😂😂

It's a shame Razor was battling his demons when he returned in the NWO, I've always loved his character though from everything I've seen. His life story is heart breaking. 

HBK is my second favourite after Austin. 

5 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Yeah i was born in 91 so way before my time as a fan haha, the rumble is full of big names though. I did used to watch one older VHS though, pretty sure it was a Kane and Undertaker inferno match and the main event was Sid verse someone but my memory could be failing me. 

2 minutes ago, Taff said:

Classic at Wembley always loved the Legion of Doom (me and my brother used to perform the doomsday device on our little cousin)

But I really loved the attitude era and this was one of the matched that summed it up for me

Amazing

The mid card and tag divisions were just as strong as the top guys in those days. 

It was Wrestlemania 8 was at Ceasars palace that started it for me....what a show that was. Brett Hart v Yokozuna....awesome fight then i think Hogan came in after to smash Yokozuna.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

It was Wrestlemania 8 was at Ceasars palace that started it for me....what a show that was. Brett Hart v Yokozuna....awesome fight then i think Hogan came in after to smash Yokozuna.

Yep, after he wrestled a tag match earlier in the night.