Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup: Final Results

Great scores there, unlucky for the O’Brazilians but they were huge scores to beat.

looking forward to taking on my old Nemesis @Real_Random in the Semi’s in a nice Wales v Australia tie

England v Beleneux should be a cracking match but the Gentleman Bear proving once again why he’s vibes #1

Great write up @Foxy looking forward to the next challenge 

7 hours ago, Taff said:

Great scores there, unlucky for the O’Brazilians but they were huge scores to beat.

looking forward to taking on my old Nemesis @Real_Random in the Semi’s in a nice Wales v Australia tie

England v Beleneux should be a cracking match but the Gentleman Bear proving once again why he’s vibes #1

Great write up @Foxy looking forward to the next challenge 

I'm thinking we should have the challenge being based around rugby league, a sport that Aussies can beat the welsh at anytime

1608737118_titlesemi.png.670ea5f61a5757113971bde6e6677b00.png

We are down to the final four now as we said goodbye to both Singapore and Brazil in the last round. These are the fixtures for the semi-finals with the 2 winners meeting next week in the final and the two losers fighting it out for 3rd place.

128998167_Finalstreesemi.thumb.png.09e0087a670a368e2273bd8972c4c6c6.png

The Challenge

This weeks challenge is all about the youngest and oldest players to appear at the World Cup finals. The youngest player ever was Northern Ireland and Manchester United striker Norman Whiteside when he appeared against Yugoslavia in the 1982 world cup group stage at the age of 17 and 41 days. That match was also his first cap for his country and he beat the previous record that was set by Pele in the 1958 world cup.

Image result for Norman whiteside versus Yugoslavia

The oldest player ever was actually set at this year’s World Cup when goalkeeper Essam El – Hadary played for Egypt in there final group game versus Saudi Arabia and despite saving a penalty they lost 2-1. He was 45 years and 161 days old and beat the previous record held by Colombian goalie Faryd Mondragón set at the 2014 world cup.

Image result for essam el-hadary

You are all going to be doing a unique age challenge to celebrate these records. If you have never done a unique age challenge before you really need to pay attention to the rules as any mistakes will cost you and your team heavily!

Related image

Once you take over your team you need to build a squad of players that all have a unique age when the transfer window closes in the summer and then in January you need to make sure the ages are still unique and sell anyone who clashes so that on the 1st of February the squad ages are unique. The ages only need to be unique on those dates. Confused? Well on the 1st of September and then again on the 1st of February you will have a squad who’s ages are all different like in these screenshots.

1st September

image.png.288367f9ed96c1bb7a6f8e1420be9bd8.png 

1st February

image.png.0457671d18107135be5bd1125cd5eb2d.png

To add to that you should have a striker as the youngest member of your squad and a GK as the oldest also the GK you buy must be the only GK in your squad. If he is injured or suspended you need to play a greyed out player.

Simple right!?!

Image result for pay attention  gif

Only your young striker and GK will be scoring points in this challenge and they will do so as follows.

Striker league goals + GK league clean sheets + the player out of the 2 with the lowest league AvR.

E.g. 30 goals + 10 clean sheets + Your Gk AvR of 7.50 = 47.5 points.

In case of a tie league points will be used.

I will also be deducting points if:

·        -50 points for each player with the same age on the 1st September and the 1st of February. So if you have 2 players who are 19 you will be deducted 100 points.

·        You will score ZERO if you send me a screenshot of the squad ages on any dates other than the 1st September and the 1st February.

Teams

Team member 1: @PriZe, @Taff, @Woody and @Real_Random you will manage the club Whiteside ended his career at Everton.

Team Member 2: @Titjes, @Nucleus, @Rob2017 and @RipRip as El Hadery has spent most of his career in Egypt and has never played for a team that is available in FMM18  you will go to one of Mandragora’s many Clubs Galatasaray.

Rules

·        Every squad member must be a unique age on the 1st September and the 1st of February.

·        Youngest Squad member must be a striker and oldest a GK.

·        You may not have another GK in the squad and a greyed out player must be used in case of injury or suspension

·        You must have a squad of at least 18 players and all must be on the age screenshots.

·        You may use players already at the club.

·        You may buy and sell as many players as you need to. No loan signings.

·        February DB

·        No use of editors.

·        No unlockables.

·        No reloading.

·        No Holidaying

·        Own tactics but you may confer with your teammate.

·        If asked you must provide the save file failure to do so will result in disqualification.

Screenshots

·        Squad view of player ages on the 1st September and the 1st of February.

·        Squad view sorted by positions on both dates.

·        Squad sorted by appearances at the end of the season.

·        Striker and GK attributes and histories at the end of the season.

·        League clean sheets. Can be found under team stats on the league table.

·        League table.

·        Manager profile and history

·        Transfer history sorted by in’s and out’s.

Deadline Saturday 22nd July @5pm UK time

Any questions please ask and I hope you all enjoy the challenge.

Love it 😂 can I just add that it’s impossible to sign anyone over the age of 36 due to a ‘planned retirement’ going to have to plan this one carefully....

Give me 5 minutes 😂

15 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Love it 😂 can I just add that it’s impossible to sign anyone over the age of 36 due to a ‘planned retirement’ going to have to plan this one carefully....

Give me 5 minutes 😂

Glad you like the challenge:) It's easy to sign GK over the age of 36 as I tested it but they might not be top class 'keepers.

Forgot to add your deadline is 12 o clock today mate😂

A 1k/clean sheet challenge...beautiful

Great challenge...this will need some clever birthday checking.

Just building the squad will take abit of time 😂

Nice one @Foxy

Going against Wales in the semis is gonna be a tough one. But with this brilliant challenge, its anybody's game tbh.

All the best @Taff and @Nucleus!

May the better team win this one!

Foxbet.png.bda8251c9c7e5dd37a9048bd2cc0f411.png

The boffins in FoxBet towers have been crunching the numbers all day and can exclusively reveal the new odds for outright winner of the VWC.

We have a new favourite following fine performances from @PriZe and @Titjes with Benelux coming into 2/1 whilst former favourites Wales are 5/2 after @Taff and @Nucleus crushed the opposition in Group A. We can't separate Australia and England with both nations at 5/1. @RipRip had an excellent score in the group stage and a good performance from @Real_Random saw the Aussies take 2nd in Group B and also outscore Group A runners up England but and  are Olympic gold @Rob2017 and @Woody silver medallists respectively so they cannot be underestimated.

Benelus 2/1

Wales 5/2

Australia 5/1

England 5/1

46 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I can’t believe @Nucleus hasn’t finished this yet.

37 minutes ago, Foxy said:

He has! I got his results 18 hours ago😂

😂

Ok well I’m glad I took the weekend off with the family as they ain’t getting a look in for the next 3 days while I try to build the squad

damn you @Foxy damn you straight to hell

DBF3E929-073E-4081-B958-659641705AE1.gif.9ccacfd15178f7a0e137a9f970debd7e.gif

Edited by Taff
12 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Hate it, but in a love it kinda way.

I liked the fact you have to keep an eye on the squads ages. Gives you something else to think about apart from your usual stuff

30 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

liked the fact you have to keep an eye on the squads ages. Gives you something else to think about apart from your usual stuff

43 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

love it.

Maybe I better do the same sort of thing for the final week then If you both enjoy it so much😉

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Maybe I better do the same sort of thing for the final week then If you both enjoy it so much😉

Please do, as I don’t think my score so far is going to mean @Woody and I get there!

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

Please do, as I don’t think my score so far is going to mean @Woody and I get there!

But it's the same challenge for the 3rd place play-off as well so either way you will be doing it😂

Ive only just got in from work...shit hit the fan today so 15 hr day it was!!

Going to try and get an hrs play in before bed. 😣

Just @Rob2017 and @Nucleus submitted scores so far.

@Taff, @PriZe, @Titjes, @Woody, @Real_Random, @RipRip just a reminder that the deadline is SATURDAY @5PM UK TIME.

Whilst I have all your attention I just want to give you some info on the final week of the challenge.

If your team wins this week you are obviously into the final next week, If you lose you will be in the 3rd place play-off next week so either way you have 1 more challenge to do.

I will post the semi final results as soon as I can once I have everyone's scores but then there will be a couple of days break before I set the final weeks challenge on Tuesday evening. That is because I am away with the family for a few days next week so I can't post the final results until I get back.

Basically you either have to wait a few days for the challenge or have a delay with the results being posted and I think the first option is the better one.