Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup: Final Results

5 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I love that you change tactics. I literally just load my tactic and only do subs if anyone’s condition changes. I find I end up breaking things if i try to fix them!

I don’t change formation or roles, but I do change instructions mid-game i.e change passing focus if they’re playing narrow/wide, change passing style and so on. Mentality wise I never stray far from control/attacking

28 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I love that you change tactics. I literally just load my tactic and only do subs if anyone’s condition changes. I find I end up breaking things if i try to fix them!

It works and it sometimes doesn’t. I tend not to change things too much or at all if I am dominating, but if I feel the opposition is starting to perform better, or I am desperate for goals, I will tinker! 😏

tinkering is good on challenges that need results, but this was different in the sense that you needed the 3rd goal all the time, and if he has scored 2, then why change, but come the 70th minute, your screaming down your device to score again, but when you do and its not your man, you do think, right change, but the result is the same, so now it's a matter of changing my players who drop to 75%, and then hope for the best

Edited by Cockers2505
1 minute ago, Woody said:

Come on chop chop!! 😂

Bloody hell I've only just walked through the door from work! 

It's 95% written so it will be live in the next couple of hours but shit, shower and spagheti is the priority at the moment😉

1574346981_titleGrpAresults.png.1699fe945f8849a7bf5389a3e8c7c160.png

As you all wanted I will reveal the results of Group A tonight and then Group B tomorrow.

Just a reminder of the challenge. You either took over as  Fiorentina and brought in an Argentine striker or Valencia and brought in a Russian striker and then tried to emulate the World Cup hat trick exploits of Gabriel Batistuta or Oleg Solenko.

Team Member 1 Scores

Taking control of Fiorentina in Group A would be @Taff@Woody and @salohcin with the Welsh and Englishmen bringing in Franco di Santo and Salohcin went for Benedetto.

Spoiler

IMG_8794.thumb.PNG.505046b0f7a0a36909369592f23495b9.PNG

Screenshot_20180708-185539.thumb.png.e64a26880c3dc342b361d2455664f712.png

It seems that di Santo was the way to go as Benedetto had an absolute nightmare for Salohcin as he only scored 33 goals in 42 games and never got a single hat trick in the season. It was a tough time all round for Salohin as he could only finish 8th in Serie A with 60pts and went out in the cup at the semi-final stage. Inexplicably Salohcin was the only guy to not make a transfer other than bringing in his striker!

Salohcin scored

0 Hat trick pts

4 cup pts

60 league pts

Total: 64pts

Franco di Santo had a strong season for Woody as he scored 53 goals in 43 games for the Englishmen. He got hat tricks in 3 matches with 1 of them being a 4 goal haul. In the league he finished 10 points behind Juve and missed out on some valuable points here as he could only manage 83 league points. He did win the cup final to get maximum cup points thanks to a hat trick from di Santo in the final.

Woody Scored

10 hat trick pts

8 cup pts

83 league pts

Total: 101

With a good showing from Woody which nation could take an early advantage in Group A?

Taff also went for di Santo and he real stepped up to the plate for him with 88 goals in 43 games with an AvR of 9.55!!! This included 9 hat tricks and 2 games where he scored 4. With a striker doing that it was no surprise that he won the league with 101 points and also took the cup home with a win in the final against Inter.

Taff Scored

35 hat trick points

101 league points

8 cup points

Total: 144pts

So at the half way stage of Group A Wales hold a 43 point advantage over England with Singapore needing to make up 37 points over England to get a semi-final spot.

Team Member 2 Scores

@Nucleus, @Rob2017 and @chewkaiwen had to take over at Valencia and bring in a Russian striker and they all went for Feydor Smolov with varying results.

Spoiler

06E60DF0-F85A-46B1-B4B8-14ED84AFA04C.thumb.png.45f63ec2918bb740c60b19528808c614.png

Chewkaiwan was going to need a huge round if he was going to make up for his team mates disappointing attempt. Smolov scored 56 goals in 47 games of which 18 were part of a hat tricks in 6 games. He made it all the way to the cup final but came up short against Real Madrid losing 2-1 but he did win the league although finishing on the same points as Atletico as he took it on the H2H rule they use in La Liga.

Chewkaiwan Scored

18 hat trick pts

83 league points

8 cup pts

Total: 109pts

Singapore Total: 173 points

That means that Rob needed to score 72 or more points to claim a place in the semi-finals and eliminate Singapore.

Smolov scored a very respectable 60 goals in 38 games with 7 hat tricks thrown in and coupled with winning the cup Rob has 32 pts so far. Rob won the league finishing 3 pts clear of Real but with 7 draws and 5 loses he missed out on a lot of valuable points.

It was still enough for England to progress into the semi’s and all that’s left is whether they could top the group and potentially get an easier semi-final.

Rob Scored

22 hat trick points

10 cup points

85 league points

Total: 117pts

England Total: 218pts

That means that a score of 79 or more from Nucleus will be enough for Wales to win the group.

In usual Nucleus style he didn’t hang around and I had his results last Saturday meaning he has had a long wait for this post. He managed 1 goal more than Rob as Smolov scored 61 in 46 games and he had 1 hat trick game more as well with 8. He also won the cup to get maximum points there so it all comes down to the league. With only 1 lose and 6 draws he smashed the league scoring 99 points in the process and getting the 2nd highest score in Group A.

Nucleus Scored

27 hat trick points

10 cup points

99 league points

Total: 136 points

Wales Total: 280 points

This leaves the final standings in Group A looking like this as Singapore bow out at the first stage with England getting through comfortably and pre-tournament favourites Wales living up to that billing by winning the group by a huge 62 points.

871912261_QualiTableGrpA.thumb.png.23082a5e3a72b28875a6c34721ab56a4.png

1106717713_FinalstreeGrpA.thumb.png.82b40b1f5f742d50cdd2e70c7e52cfce.png

So we say goodbye to Salohcin and Chewkaiwan at this early stage but thanks for taking part lads and being so prompt with your scores. Tomorrow we will find out the results in Group B and complete the line up for the semi finals as well as see how the race for the Golden Mobile Award is shaping up as well.

Cheers lads.

I just have to say thanks to my main man @Rob2017 thank god you posted a good score mate. 😀

Onwards and upwards!

Well done to those Welsh folk...you played a blinder! 

Dont mind if you have an off day in the next round 😉

Sorry for the chop chop @Foxy super write up bud.

Edited by Woody
56 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Fantastic write-up @Foxy ;)

Great scores and congrats on the win @Nucleus & @Taff 

@Rob2017 & @Woody, will there be revenge and victory in the semi finals? :)

We take each game as it comes....we dont expect to win but we dont want to go home either 😆

Whoa those were some good stuff by you lot! Defintely deserving of entering the next round, and I wish you all the best in the semis!

Was a fun though short time in this competition!

Lol harish got a 9.43 avg rating and everyone goes mental with even the greatest managers in vibes history never even coming close I remember someone saying. Someone gets a 9.55 and no one bats an eyelid. The hypocrisy is so crazy... just saying.

1 hour ago, Mikee1984 said:

Lol harish got a 9.43 avg rating and everyone goes mental with even the greatest managers in vibes history never even coming close I remember someone saying. Someone gets a 9.55 and no one bats an eyelid. The hypocrisy is so crazy... just saying.

I'm sorry, which team are you on?

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Having verified @Taff score I have no reason to believe he cheated and he has never shown any evidence of being a cheater in previous tournaments.

Don't really get the fuzz. We all know @Taff had a lucky score as he had a tendency to bottle it 😂 

3 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

I understand dude if someone new posted that I’d be sceptical as well but as @Foxy said I’ve never given anyone reason to doubt me but everyone is entitled to their opinion but just so you know there are maybe 10 people on this site who’s opinions mean something to me and you are no where near that list so say what you like I couldn’t give a crap

22 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Don't really get the fuzz. We all know @Taff had a lucky score as he had a tendency to bottle it 😂 

That bottle job is long overdue so expect it soon 😂

3 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Shut your flaps mike or you’ll have a breakdown

Harish’s score was in a Strikerless challenge. Simples.

Plus Taff is a family guy. I doubt winning an internet forum’s FMM WC qualifying round is high enough on his list of important things in life that he’d feel it necessary to cheat! 😭#teamtaff