Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career When Harry met Sané: A Double Trouble - Completed

Hello Vibe, and welcome to my latest career thread. This time I’ll be visiting an old flame, where once again I’ll be attempting The Double Trouble challenge. I’ve completed this challenge once already this year and in fact I currently top the leaderboard with Mbappé & Martial with a fairly decent score of 1,815 goals. Just shy of 2000 then, and that as you may have guessed is the target this time around. I’ve set myself the target after playing a few seasons and realising that 2k is possible, I’ve also set myself a side aim of getting each player to 1,000 goals each.

So without further ado, let’s see the players I’ll be using. If you’ve read the title you may have already guessed the players unless you’re a complete dribble!

First up we have a Spurs & England hero who i must say I haven’t used this year and I’m excited to see what target he can hit, he’s probably the best striker in world football at the moment, he’s none other than...Harry Kane!

E824E8D6-B0F2-438D-A770-9F9832B46CFC.thumb.png.dff1e99e7881065b617efbc1ed83144b.png

Very excited to see what the big man can do, and I’m hoping he can hit a huge chunk of that 2000 goal target before he retires. At 23 years old at the start of the game you could consider him an “older” option for a goal scoring challenge, but I’ve no doubt of his credentials.

Secondly we have a Manchester City & Germany prospect. The winner of last seasons Young player of the year award, there is no doubting his potential, and as a natural winger I do have to retrain him to a more natural forward role, which I’ve no doubt he’ll be able to do. Guessed who yet? Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you...Leroy Sané 

C6CCF5C3-CD5B-443E-AA7D-7A2771C4D204.png.27c1f93f8ddc37c39758cd16633376f4.png

Hate to say it as a United fan, but this lad is pure class. No doubting his potential after his title winning campaign last season and it’s an absolute travesty that he wasn’t on the plane to Russia with the national side. He probably won’t be as prolific as Kane on the goal scoring front, but I’m hoping he can chew off a decent sized chunk of the 2000 goal target.

Finally let’s find out which team I’ll be using for this challenge. If you’ve read my recent Tactics Post then you’ll already know, if you haven’t then please do as it is associated with this challenge. I had a choice of two teams to be honest, I could go for Spurs and sign Leroy Sané for them which probably would have been possible, or I could go for City and sign Harry Kane which is probably the easier option given their financial status, but it’s the option I’ve taken either way!

B70E24C8-2E8E-4BC7-9E1E-5EB9AA7D59A5.thumb.png.e8c11227a30481b302939d949e41c19e.png

Thats right, I’m heading for the blue side of Manchester for this challenge! Sickening, I know. 

Thanks for reading this introduction, season one update will be out in a couple days, and I’m hoping to update every few days from then on.

9 hours ago, Taff said:

Looking forward to following this dude, with all your goal scoring challenges and that mental tactic set up this will be one wild ride

Thanks mate! I hope so

9 hours ago, Foxy said:

I would say good luck but with that crazy tactic I don't think you need it😁

Always need a bit of luck 😉 cheers 

9 hours ago, Titjes said:

Good luck mate, let's see what your crazy looking tactic can do ;)

Thanks mate

8 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Looking forward to this!

8 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Best of luck mate!

6 hours ago, RipRip said:

Looking forward to this one!

Good luck mate

Cheers lads!

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Not looking forward to this.

Oh bore off ya miserable git 😂

3 hours ago, Woody said:

This will be soo much fun..

You miserable monkey 😉

Cheers lads!

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Good luck dude.

Looks like I came back to Vibe just at the right time! This is gonna be a great one to follow. Pretty sure I couldn't pull it off, but I reckon you'll do it no sweat! 😄

41 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Come on mate, surely you’ve knocked back a season or two by now?

I’ve already played three seasons mate, just going to space out the updates 

9 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Well come on then, slap one on here. We want to see if you’ve broken the game. 😭

The team totals are on the tactics thread! It’s just the player ones I haven’t released yet

Season 1

Hello Vibe, welcome to the first update of this Double Trouble attempt. As you all should know, I’ll be attempting to get Harry Kane and Leroy Sané to score over 1,200 goals between them to put my name on the board, but my personal target is nearly double that at 2,000 goals with a side aim of getting 1,000 goals each. A high target, but one that is possible in my opinion. Let’s get to it then.

Transfers:

19CA42B7-0CE3-42F3-B76A-99A7B8084A4C.thumb.jpeg.049de2fe9bbf701fcf04665b82b4e515.jpeg

Just the three outgoing players this year with Otamemdi leaving for Paris, Adarabioyo leaving for Forest and Jesus going to Spurs in a deal involving Harry Kane. Otamendi wasn’t needed due to me only using one CB, so I’ve got enough cover between Laporte, Stones and Kompany. Gutted about letting Jesus go and I wasn’t hoping Aguero could be exchanged instead but it wasn’t to be.

1F60E6A5-8805-48B7-9A03-06BB11037EE6.thumb.jpeg.5efb1b4fc3cbb035bc29f8b0d35a0f82.jpeg

Five permanent signings was all I could muster this season. The Kane fee really took a chunk from by budget so the first season I was really lacking depth in some positions. Everyone’s favourite wingbacks Henrichs and Tierney come in along with Ajax youngster Van de Beek and Nany Dimata comes in to deputise for Kane. Cucurella was a January loan signing

Season History:

17B9EA7F-2CB6-4206-9E08-607B80F294FF.thumb.jpeg.c5a7354323d6f8d19f332841a13a7322.jpeg

A clean sweep on my debut season, if any of you have read the tactic thread then you’ll have see this. For those who haven’t, I managed a massive 172 league goals this season! A huge total which I’m absolutely delighted with and it’ll take something special for me to beat it.

Now let’s see how the double trouble got on shall we?

Leroy Sané:

5E3FC975-24D4-4E1E-95E9-5D1FC007BEF7.thumb.jpeg.b0cb65a97f8b08a3b02ee6f8f98fa2e3.jpeg

So I’ve managed to retrain him to a natural striker during this first season, which should bode well for the future. His attributes look crazy good with 20’s in Dribbling,Movement & Pace being the standouts. So how did Leroy get on in the goal scoring side of things?

4C8AC291-4245-498D-82CE-6B581A692733.thumb.jpeg.c968a3673a986869919b0646f60acde7.jpeg

Very well actually! 59 in 59 is a decent return from a winger come striker in the first season, especially as its part of a two striker formation. Very happy with his return. 

Harry Kane:

C92BA475-5794-4FA6-AFF4-2F377C406FF1.thumb.jpeg.f0148e337d015a6ad9e2ae670eb1ba5f.jpeg

You beautiful, beautiful man! Look at that page 😍 Speaks for itself and there’s nothing I can add. Now onto Kane’s goals......

973AC852-46E7-4B48-A3AE-C196148C960E.thumb.jpeg.4800b05a29cedf042eae05938a38b22c.jpeg

Boom!! 92 goals in 57 games is a massive return for the first season. He’s literally doubled his entire career goal record in one season. Fantastic stuff

Sané: 59 goals

Kane: 92 goals

Total: 151 goals

Target: 151/2000

Squad Appearences:

C9C4879B-7B4E-46D8-9447-97284ACBDD40.thumb.jpeg.c374082e680634ad9367216137479383.jpeg

Squad Goals:

FF3949CC-ED0D-4AF9-9219-730EEC4B3E13.thumb.jpeg.55cdad5d65ac40825b8a47e7f7a21def.jpeg

Squad Assists:

F50F9D9F-2EE4-4CFE-B40A-15196FEBBAD6.thumb.jpeg.ddba5bfebba61dcdd9587f791eaff541.jpeg

Thats it for the first update lads! Very happy with the goals I scored this season and I’m hoping to carry it on into the next one!

Thanks for reading

C92BA475-5794-4FA6-AFF4-2F377C406FF1.jpeg

Decent start. I’d be a little disappointed.

I jest! Cracking start chap. Kane looks utterly beautiful, plus that’s a great return for Sane. I like the idea that they mimmick the cafe scene as their goal celebration. 

16 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I like the idea that they mimmick the cafe scene as their goal celebration.

That's disturbing😂 

Great start mate and now Sane is fully trained I think he will start to catch Kane up is the goal totals.

49 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Decent start. I’d be a little disappointed.

I jest! Cracking start chap. Kane looks utterly beautiful, plus that’s a great return for Sane. I like the idea that they mimmick the cafe scene as their goal celebration. 

That is disturbing 😐

29 minutes ago, Foxy said:

That's disturbing😂 

Great start mate and now Sane is fully trained I think he will start to catch Kane up is the goal totals.

I hope so otherwise the 1k for Sané could be gone 😅

28 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Wow fantastic start and harry kane 👏👏👏

Thanks mate!

Wtf dude...92 goals in a DT!??? 

I think like @Foxy said..now Sane is trained up i think maybe you should of made this a 2k 😉

I wanna swear my ass off at that start! Utter mad brilliant...see, you've made me go all chav!! 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

Wtf dude...92 goals in a DT!??? 

I think like @Foxy said..now Sane is trained up i think maybe you should of made this a 2k 😉

I wanna swear my ass off at that start! Utter mad brilliant...see, you've made me go all chav!! 😂😂

I have made it a 2k 😂😂 it’s in the OP.

Thanks though! You ain’t seen nothing yet 😉

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

I have made it a 2k 😂😂 it’s in the OP.

Thanks though! You ain’t seen nothing yet 😉

😂 so ya did...then maybe i wanna set the bar higher...say...2.5k!

You can do it mate...loads of faith in ya 😉

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

😂 so ya did...then maybe i wanna set the bar higher...say...2.5k!

You can do it mate...loads of faith in ya 😉

Well I think I’ve got around 13 seasons with Kane in total. So if they consistently bang in a 150 Goals between them over those 13 years it adds up to around 2k. It’s just an added bonus if they both hit the 1k. If Sané is close enough when Kane retires then I’ll carry on with him on his own

9 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Well I think I’ve got around 13 seasons with Kane in total. So if they consistently bang in a 150 Goals between them over those 13 years it adds up to around 2k. It’s just an added bonus if they both hit the 1k. If Sané is close enough when Kane retires then I’ll carry on with him on his own

After that 1st season total your squad is just going to get better and better. Those scores are only going to get higher and higher...i have foreseen it ☺

Those kind of numbers in season 1 are insane! Glad to see Sane retrained easily, his attributes are on another level. Big things for season 2 mate!