Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries: Andrea Pinamonti 1.5KC [Complete]

22 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Well done mate.  Closing 2018 with a bang. 

Thanks mate! 

Apologies to you (and lots of others), I've been focusing on getting this done and also busy at work, so I'm way behind on reading everyone else's careers. 🙁

Wait what?!! He didn’t beat Mbappé?! 😳

How on earth Scratch???!! 😂😂😂

All Jokes aside, this has been a wonderful career mate, one of the best reads all year in my opinion and it’s an absolute pleasure to share the top spot with yourself. 

Itll be nice to have you on the 19 forums from the off this time so no more 1k’s on 18 please 😂

Dude....so so close. That was really cruel.

You have made this daft Toon rather proud though....Newcastle undisputed best team in the world!! Love it!!

Congrats on matching the mighty @Nucleus and Mbappe but gutted you couldnt grab that extra goal. 

Well done though mate. Enjoyed it all.

1 hour ago, URz said:

Brilliant career with Pinamonti and Newcastle @Scratch 🤩

The FA cup final must have been exciting to watch in Extra Time 

Thanks! Much appreciated!

The thing is, I was playing through this at 2am in the morning, just trying to get to the end. At that point, with the save almost over, I didn't particularly care if we won the final or not (sacrilege I know!), just whether Pinamonti could score. So when I took him off, I turned the highlights off and set the speed to very high, so I could get it over with one way or another and move on to the next game.

So I saw the goal notices coming up, but missed the actual goals! I should have exported the game so I could go back and watch it, but I didn't... Sorta regretting it now... But it does show what sort of quality we had in the team. Top notch those lads...

36 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Wait what?!! He didn’t beat Mbappé?! 😳

How on earth Scratch???!! 😂😂😂

All Jokes aside, this has been a wonderful career mate, one of the best reads all year in my opinion and it’s an absolute pleasure to share the top spot with yourself. 

Itll be nice to have you on the 19 forums from the off this time so no more 1k’s on 18 please 😂

Haha, I was *so* certain he could do it, but then as time went on he just stopped scoring and I started thinking he might not even make it level... That final injury was the one that broke him... Funny old game, football... 

Still I'm happy to share top spot - loved your career too and the fact you scored this many with the focus on the other challenges and with a season less than I took - well it's probably right I didn't pass you. 🙂 

As for the 1KC's, I did just start a final quick one today.... 😱

39 minutes ago, Woody said:

Dude....so so close. That was really cruel.

You have made this daft Toon rather proud though....Newcastle undisputed best team in the world!! Love it!!

Congrats on matching the mighty @Nucleus and Mbappe but gutted you couldnt grab that extra goal. 

Well done though mate. Enjoyed it all.

Thanks mate! Was a super enjoyable save. Gotta say it was really great to do it with Newcastle. Great feeling! Not like real life at all... 🙁

Now I gotta work out what I'll do in 19 (if/when I get around to a 1KC). Would I choose Newcastle again? Heart says yes, head is saying "more goals in a weaker league". So we'll have to see!

Congrats man, brilliant career and a very enjoyable challenge to follow, that's it, your name is up there in lights for ever due to the release of 2019 tomorrow, nobody will try this now, look forward to your challenge attempts in FMM19

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Thanks mate! Was a super enjoyable save. Gotta say it was really great to do it with Newcastle. Great feeling! Not like real life at all... 🙁

Now I gotta work out what I'll do in 19 (if/when I get around to a 1KC). Would I choose Newcastle again? Heart says yes, head is saying "more goals in a weaker league". So we'll have to see!

Yeah mate...you have to think in a weaker league you could possibly hit 2k, maybe more.

Lets hope your tactic transfers over well. Look forward to what you have in store.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Thanks! Much appreciated!

The thing is, I was playing through this at 2am in the morning, just trying to get to the end. At that point, with the save almost over, I didn't particularly care if we won the final or not (sacrilege I know!), just whether Pinamonti could score. So when I took him off, I turned the highlights off and set the speed to very high, so I could get it over with one way or another and move on to the next game.

So I saw the goal notices coming up, but missed the actual goals! I should have exported the game so I could go back and watch it, but I didn't... Sorta regretting it now... But it does show what sort of quality we had in the team. Top notch those lads...

It has been great to read the experiences of a 1KC maestro while I’m also struggling to complete a long-term career before FMM19. So many of the things you’ve said have matched my feelings as I’ve played.

• Rushing through games at max speed, only pausing to check the health of your striker(s). Not realy enjoying the scenery.
  • Getting a team/squad that is sooo good compared to the AI teams
  • The enfuriating point where your backup strikers are better than the main event

As @Woody mentioned above, if you’d have done this at a team that dominates their league, you’d have blown the whole 1KC leaderboard out of the water!

Spoiler

....but a word of caution as someone playing as Bayern - it can get quite boring at times whereas doing it with Newcastle was probably more fun.

On 01/11/2018 at 18:57, Titjes said:

Congrats on the amazing career mate ;) fantastic work :)

Thanks mate! Was a fine ride to be sure, but happy that 19 is here. We're all gonna have a great time with that!

On 01/11/2018 at 19:02, Cockers2505 said:

Congrats man, brilliant career and a very enjoyable challenge to follow, that's it, your name is up there in lights for ever due to the release of 2019 tomorrow, nobody will try this now, look forward to your challenge attempts in FMM19

Thanks mate! Yeah, it was a late run into the box alright. I mistimed the run with Colidio in FMM17, but got it right this time! Can't wait to see what you do in FMM19 (pssst 1.5KC :D)

On 01/11/2018 at 19:51, Woody said:

Yeah mate...you have to think in a weaker league you could possibly hit 2k, maybe more.

Lets hope your tactic transfers over well. Look forward to what you have in store.

It definitely felt easier to score this year than 17. I think if I could have got Pinamonti to Celtic I could have given 2K a run (if I went to 22 seasons!). But no regrets about playing as Newcastle! :D 

It's sounding like the tactics aren't working so well in 19. So I guess we'll need to find new ones maybe. I was just using the 4 3 2 1 I've built on since Armstrong. Hoping that still works as nothing else seems to work for me (for long anyway). But tactics aren't my strong point. I basically just build up the squad to be insanely good (getting better and better now that I really understand regens). 

On 01/11/2018 at 20:10, URz said:

It has been great to read the experiences of a 1KC maestro while I’m also struggling to complete a long-term career before FMM19. So many of the things you’ve said have matched my feelings as I’ve played.

• Rushing through games at max speed, only pausing to check the health of your striker(s). Not realy enjoying the scenery.
  • Getting a team/squad that is sooo good compared to the AI teams
  • The enfuriating point where your backup strikers are better than the main event

As @Woody mentioned above, if you’d have done this at a team that dominates their league, you’d have blown the whole 1KC leaderboard out of the water!

Reveal hidden contents

....but a word of caution as someone playing as Bayern - it can get quite boring at times whereas doing it with Newcastle was probably more fun.

Thanks mate! Your career is on the list to read through (it's open in another tab), although I might be slow getting over there now 19 has dropped! Sounds like you've finished it, right? So onto 19!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Yeah, those feelings are so right. I try to slow down sometimes and enjoy the games more, but there's so many of them and I want to get through them. Still I'm better than I was. With Colidio last year, I had the highlights off most of the time. This time round the were on when Pinamonti was on the pitch.

Newcastle stayed more interesting longer than it did with Celtic last year, but still, you reach the point where it all gets too easy... Not sure what I'll do this year when I get round to a 1KC. Was thinking Beijing, but looks like that's a no goer as no young foreigners will go there... So, gotta think about it more.