Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help 4231 DM

Hey guys, I'm having a problem to figure out what combination of roles works best for the 4231 DM, I tried a lot of combination such as *FB CD CD FB, DM DLP(or BWM), W AM W, P* but my team is not consistent at all, I could easily win vs inter Milan scoring 3 or 4 goals while in the next game I could even lose to a random underdog team. I also keep getting the "midfield failed to retain possession" message in the match analysis almost every game. I feel like the lack of players in the middle of the field is creating an extreme vantage to my opponents, can you help me? Thanks. 

Screenshot_20180810-140600_FMM 2018.jpg

Screenshot_20180810-140605_FMM 2018.jpg

Screenshot_20180810-140616_FMM 2018.jpg

Edited by ThomasDLV

First of all, what players are you using? From my own experience there is no "perfect combination" of roles for a formation, it all depends on your players. If you send screenshots of the players you are using in each position I will be able to help you there.

In terms of your tactics, I personally wouldn't go attacking unless you are clearly better than your opposition. I highly recommend dropping it to control. 

You also have to ask yourself, do you want your team to keep possession? If so, you should try use a narrow team shape and a slow tempo. I would also put the passing focus on mixed as having it on just the flanks limits your options offensively. I would also use "work into box" as this limits the amount of shots from outside the box.

Alternatively, if you wanted to play a wide game, you should turn your passing to mixed as this allows your players to properly utilise space created on the wings.

Just let me know if you need any further help  

2 hours ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

First of all, what players are you using? From my own experience there is no "perfect combination" of roles for a formation, it all depends on your players. If you send screenshots of the players you are using in each position I will be able to help you there.

In terms of your tactics, I personally wouldn't go attacking unless you are clearly better than your opposition. I highly recommend dropping it to control. 

You also have to ask yourself, do you want your team to keep possession? If so, you should try use a narrow team shape and a slow tempo. I would also put the passing focus on mixed as having it on just the flanks limits your options offensively. I would also use "work into box" as this limits the amount of shots from outside the box.

Alternatively, if you wanted to play a wide game, you should turn your passing to mixed as this allows your players to properly utilise space created on the wings.

Just let me know if you need any further help  

Thank you for your help

I'm playing with this formation because I'm challenging myself trying to find a great tactic with each formation. I did well with 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-2-1 but this formation is driving me crazy. These are the players I'm using. 

Screenshot_20180810-193039_FMM 2018.jpg

Screenshot_20180810-193046_FMM 2018.jpg

Screenshot_20180810-193101_FMM 2018.jpg

Screenshot_20180810-193110_FMM 2018.jpg

1 hour ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

I'm going to need your entire starting XI to help you decide on roles.

Didn't i already post it? 

1 hour ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Yeah but I need to see all of their attributes. You only posted 3 individual players 

Nevermind, i just found a way to run this formation, thank you anyway.