Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

Challenge Cup XII

Welcome everyone to the 12th version of vibe's famous Challenge Cup. The big one out of all the major events and the one that carries the most ranking points with it. This year's version will be brought to you by myself and possibly @anfieldsquirrel if he returns from yet another absence if not then @Ashez is on hand to help out :P

The chances are most of you know how these tournaments work however if you’re new and don’t know what awaits then take a look back through last year’s exciting event which saw drama from start to finish.

And here is the hall of fame from all previous tournaments dating back 7 years, to this day Sunny is the only person to win it twice though nobody has ever retained the competition. This could continue as I'm unsure whether or not I'm entering yet. Who's year will it be this year?

Challenge Cup One 
May 2011
Host: samhardy
Winner: Ollie 
Runner-Up: Trailer

Challenge Cup Two 
September 2011
Host: samhardy
Winner: Sunny 
Runner-Up: RAC

Challenge Cup Three 
January 2012
Host: United58/samhardy
Winner: Scott 
Runner-Up: samhardy

Challenge Cup Four 
May 2012
Host: ImABlueToo
Winner: Sunny 
Runner-Up: Anwar

Challenge Cup Five 
February 2013
Host: anfieldsquirrel
Winner: Lewiitom 
Runner-Up: N/A

Challenge Cup Six 
July 2013
ABANDONED

Challenge Cup Seven 
March 2014
Winner: Devil 
Runner-Up: Ashez

Challenge Cup Eight 
August 2014
Host: Ashez
Winner: Ashez
Runner-Up: Scott

Challenge Cup Nine
May 2015
Host: samhardy/Dirtboy
Winner: MerlionMaple96
Runner-Up: Ashez

Challenge Cup Ten
January 2017
Host: BatiGoal/samhardy
Winner: PriZe
Runner-Up: samhardy

Challenge Cup Eleven
August 2017
Host: samhardy/Ashez
Winner: samhardy
Runner-Up: BatiGoal

Rules

Please make sure you keep these in mind throughout the tournament as nobody likes avoidable disqualifications.

• To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and anfieldsquirrel/Ashez included in it.
  • Have fun!

This year's edition will run similarly, but not identically, to last year. Here's the format this time around:

• 8 of the members who have signed up will join the 4 top seeds in the group stages. Each group will have 3 members with the top two progressing to the Quarter Finals.
  • Before that, the qualifying round will take place. The top 8 from qualifying will qualify for the group stage, with the rest falling at the first hurdle. Results in qualifying will be used to find the second and third seeds for the group stage.
  • Then it's group winner v group runner up in the Quarter Finals, drawn randomly, followed by a free draw from the semis onwards.

League points will always be used as a tie break in challenges unless otherwise stated.

Comment below or PM me if you wish to join. I’ve already included the people who have signed up in the schedule thread or elsewhere on vibe. Registrations close Sunday 19th August 5PM GMT.

Please only enter if you intend to submit results throughout the competition. Each year we have people join up then do a disappearing act.

Thank you and good luck.

Confirmed competitors

Top seeds from rankings - Straight into group stage

samhardy
PriZe
Nucleus
Foxy

Entering at qualifying - 8 highest scorers qualify for group stage

Rob2017
Woody
Titjes
Damilare
Kanegan
ManLikeRobbieBrady
chewkaiwen
Vishnu
scratch99
Dave994
Rocket
Laurie_King
GrtepZ
anfieldsquirrel
DorMouse PrD

Qualifying Challenge / Qualifying Results

Group Stage Challenge

This is already looking like a challenge for somebody like me who got introduced to the series via fmm 2018. Yes, I have never played any incarnation before be it mobile or desktop version and now to do it on eme oh holy shit 

So I went back at looked at last year's thread and it seems like the CC is mostly a mountain of banter with the occasional game thrown in? :P 

I think the first round results are on page 25! 😲

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

@samhardy So are we talking about 1 season per week? 

Yeah it's a season per week. Usually all the challenges in this are a season long but not decided yet whether to throw some shorter ones in as well.

10 minutes ago, Dave994 said:

Thanks. Can I enter qualifying?

Yes of course, it’s open to everyone.

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Qualifying is going to be seriously competative with some great players already signed up for this😨

Having a meltdown before the tournament has even started 😂

13 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Yes anything less than victory for @Foxy in this tournament means that he’s changing his DP back to the original (and better looking) fox.

I prefer the new bearded version, it’s like Vibe has aged him and made him wiser

4 minutes ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Me walking through qualification like

tenor.gif.7e22a532b6e2be65c5a0e612dad6198a.gif

As you did in the Vibe World Cup...look what happened there 😂

Update

Unfortunately @Taff is not able to participate in this year's Challenge Cup. This means that as the number 5 ranked player @Foxy is now automatically through to the group stages joining myself, @PriZe and @Nucleus.

I've updated the OP with everyone who will enter in the qualifying round to try and claim the other 8 places in the group stages. @Rob2017 @Woody @Titjes @Damilare @Kanegan @ManLikeRobbieBrady @chewkaiwen @Vishnu @scratch99 @Dave994 @Rocket

Still the rest of this week to enter and you can do that by either leaving a reply here or dropping me a PM.