Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

47 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Hehe, I'm used to people underestimating me... Suits me just fine. Flex away! 🤷‍♂️

Those are not word of underestimation mate..or are you feeling underestimated?.... Just prepare for something tough💪💪💪🍵🍵( arm flex with hot substances)...

2 minutes ago, Damilare said:

Those are not word of underestimation mate..or are you feeling underestimated?.... Just prepare for something tough💪💪💪🍵🍵( arm flex with hot substances)...

Not the hot substances! Hmm I may be in trouble... I better bring the blizzard!

Absolutely love being the underdog, no pressure for me now! ;)

(And also should a bad score come up, I can blame the fact that I’m an underdog and totally not expected to win too) :D 

1 hour ago, chewkaiwen said:

Absolutely love being the underdog, no pressure for me now! ;)

(And also should a bad score come up, I can blame the fact that I’m an underdog and totally not expected to win too) :D 

I don’t think you are an underdog. You can achieve anything.

Updated Odds

bet tips.png

Foxbet.png

After an astonishing performance in the group stage with numbers never been seen before in the CC it's only right that a new tournament favourite @ManLikeRobbieBrady has been installed. He'll have a difficult task against second favourite @PriZe in the Quarters but if he brings the same game then surely will have too much.

@samhardy and @Nucleus odds are going out to make way for Mr Hot Substance @Damilare who is quickly turning into dynamite at this game producing a 27 game goalscoring streak only one other guy got near, and that person was @chewkaiwen who also comes in in the betting.

@Foxy and @scratch99 now become outsiders for this tournament.

ManLikeRobbieBrady - 10/11
PriZe - 13/10
Damilare - 3/1
samhardy - 6/1
Nucleus - 6/1
chewkaiwen - 8/1
Foxy - 10/1
scratch99 - 16/1

44 minutes ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Tournament favourite?! That's mental 😂

Well to be fair I was tournament favourite for the Olympics for god knows how long but I still finished 4th xD

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Updated Odds

bet tips.png

Foxbet.png

After an astonishing performance in the group stage with numbers never been seen before in the CC it's only right that a new tournament favourite @ManLikeRobbieBrady has been installed. He'll have a difficult task against second favourite @PriZe in the Quarters but if he brings the same game then surely will have too much.

@samhardy and @Nucleus odds are going out to make way for Mr Hot Substance @Damilare who is quickly turning into dynamite at this game producing a 27 game goalscoring streak only one other guy got near, and that person was @chewkaiwen who also comes in in the betting.

@Foxy and @scratch99 now become outsiders for this tournament.

ManLikeRobbieBrady - 10/11
PriZe - 13/10
Damilare - 3/1
samhardy - 6/1
Nucleus - 6/1
chewkaiwen - 8/1
Foxy - 10/1
scratch99 - 16/1

Hmmm..."Mr Hot substance"..Bring on the next challenge, the hot substance🍵🍵attempts the challenge and damilare posts the result..Nice nickname @samhardy

The latest to face the vibe media and Colin Sale in particular was none other than @Nucleus.

Here’s how the interview went.

Hello Nucleus, you are the latest to be interviewed in this year's CC. You're still in the event but had to settle for runner up in the group. How do you feel about how it's gone so far?

Just happy to get through that group to be honest! I had a feeling I’d done enough but then @Damilare came up with a massive score of which I could only dream of!

Despite finishing second you still notched the 3rd highest score of the round. That must give you hope going into the match against F.O.X.Y?

Like I’ve said before, the Fox has more in his locker than he lets on. With him being one place behind me in the Vibe rankings, it should be a closely fought battle. Me and the Fox have probably had the best year on Vibe overall so it’s nice to finally come up against him

You've had a great year on vibe. Anyone to thank for that? Gethin Jones perhaps?

Gethin Jones has been an inspirational figure and all of you should bow down to his greatness!

Could you sum up your feelings towards Welsh legend Jason Koumas in one word?

Envy

Would you say BatiGoal is a "coc oen"?

Most definitely! Probably the biggest coc oen on the site! Rumour has it he’s made a return 😮

Who do you see as your biggest threat left in this event?

Assuming I get through against the  Fox, then theory would suggest @samhardy and @PriZe are my biggest threats. But in saying that, @ManLikeRobbieBrady and @Damilare notched up unbelievable scores in the last round so they’re obviously ones to keep a look out for

Will you be “flexing” at all before your next match or even better consuming any hot substances?

No I will not, the less said on “flexing” as you call it the better. Cringiest emoji out there 

What are you having for tea tonight?

I’ve got a slow cooked welsh beef casserole waiting for me when I get in from work. So that, with some fresh crusty bread will work a treat.

Who is the biggest muppet left inthe competition?

Most definitely @Damilare and his weird choice of beverage and emoji

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

The latest to face the vibe media and Colin Sale in particular was none other than @Nucleus.

Here’s how the interview went.

Hello Nucleus, you are the latest to be interviewed in this year's CC. You're still in the event but had to settle for runner up in the group. How do you feel about how it's gone so far?

Just happy to get through that group to be honest! I had a feeling I’d done enough but then @Damilare came up with a massive score of which I could only dream of!

Despite finishing second you still notched the 3rd highest score of the round. That must give you hope going into the match against F.O.X.Y?

Like I’ve said before, the Fox has more in his locker than he lets on. With him being one place behind me in the Vibe rankings, it should be a closely fought battle. Me and the Fox have probably had the best year on Vibe overall so it’s nice to finally come up against him

You've had a great year on vibe. Anyone to thank for that? Gethin Jones perhaps?

Gethin Jones has been an inspirational figure and all of you should bow down to his greatness!

Could you sum up your feelings towards Welsh legend Jason Koumas in one word?

Envy

Would you say BatiGoal is a "coc oen"?

Most definitely! Probably the biggest coc oen on the site! Rumour has it he’s made a return 😮

Who do you see as your biggest threat left in this event?

Assuming I get through against the  Fox, then theory would suggest @samhardy and @PriZe are my biggest threats. But in saying that, @ManLikeRobbieBrady and @Damilare notched up unbelievable scores in the last round so they’re obviously ones to keep a look out for

Will you be “flexing” at all before your next match or even better consuming any hot substances?

No I will not, the less said on “flexing” as you call it the better. Cringiest emoji out there 

What are you having for tea tonight?

I’ve got a slow cooked welsh beef casserole waiting for me when I get in from work. So that, with some fresh crusty bread will work a treat.

Who is the biggest muppet left inthe competition?

Most definitely @Damilare and his weird choice of beverage and emoji

Get in 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Challenge Cup XII

Q/F Challenge

Welcome everyone to the challenge post for the Quarter Finals of this year's CC. Only 8 remain now and we're into the straight H2H's which is always interesting. If there was one thing about the group stage challenge it was that it was extremely high scoring and goal dependant, well that won't be the case this time.

fodbold_knogler_peter_krustrup_kaj_boll_

If you're looking at the above picture and thinking well that's just an old guy playing football, well... You'd be completely correct. At vibe we have a great affinity towards old players, with Tomi Morgan and most recently Peter Hinds being the notables, and in this challenge you'll have a squad full of them.

This isn't the hardest challenge to explain but it's difficulty level is a lot harder than it looks and contains some similarities to last year's menacing semi final ;)

• Once starting the game you can keep three players in your squad. These can be any 3 and in any position, but these will be the only players you can keep.
  • Get rid of the whole rest of the squad. Demote, sell, whatever you just can't use them.
  • The rest of your squad must be filled up with golden oldies. These players must all be 35 years of age or older.

You will be left with a squad of 3 players of your choosing, and a load of pensioners.

You can choose any of the three clubs that were relegated from the Premier League in real life, that's either Swansea City, Stoke City or West Bromwich Albion.

But that isn't everything.

These players are old and lazy, and aren't willing to attend training. You must turn ALL your training OFF for the players you bring in, the three wildcards however can be kept on normal training. Anyone thinking they can get around this by simply keeping the training on are mistaken as if any suspicions arrive from the screenshots you've taken I'll have no problem at all asking for the save to be submitted.

Clarifications:

• Stoke, Swansea or West Brom.
  • Keep 3 players already at the club, you can never use the rest again.
  • You can only buy players 35+ age.
  • You can sell players.
  • The 3 players you choose to keep can be kept on full training.
  • Turn all training for the oldies off.
  • You can keep players 35+ already at the club, these don't count as your 3 wildcards.
  • If suspicions arise you'll be asked to submit your save and failure to do so will result in disqualification.
  • Everyone send results to both myself and AS with the exception of: @chewkaiwen please sent to AS ONLY.

League Points +/- Goal Difference

3 points for every cup round passed

Deadline - Monday 17th September 11:59PM

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after eachchallenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and anfieldsquirrel included in it unless you've been told otherwise.
  • Have fun!

Screenshots required:

• League table + manager history screen
  • Manager profile
  • Transfer history page
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Attributes page and "progress" page at the end of the season of the 3 oldies with the most number of appearances

1 minute ago, scratch99 said:

@samhardy - can you keep any 35+ year old players already at the club (in addition to the 3 wildcards)?

Also, I assume the 3 wildcards can include players already on loan at the club?

Yes to both. The 35+ players you keep will have to go training-less though. Just the 3 wildcards that can't :)

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Yes to both. The 35+ players you keep will have to go training-less though. Just the 3 wildcards that can't :)

Cool, thanks! What about retraining position? I'm not sure what happens if you choose that but they aren't actually training. Can I assume we're not allowed to do that either?

24 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Cool, thanks! What about retraining position? I'm not sure what happens if you choose that but they aren't actually training. Can I assume we're not allowed to do that either?

Not allowed, doubt it'd work anyway!