Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

2 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

Play it Jose Mourinho style, just like this:

Hide contents

c7ac04b1-76ce-4061-ab47-2696c4c50ee6-ori

fa4ba364-dfab-4cec-9c5e-f3b2569a2956-ori

8fa51c4b-7c23-4bed-bc5d-f2dffa3ff341-ori

This is literally me every last 15 mins of any match which I have the lead in lol...

But on a more serious note, I think the players you choose to keep will make the biggest difference in how you do as the season progresses. my 3 players are literally the only reason why I am somehow still winning games or at least grinding out a draw albeit being extremely painful!

LOL, mine's not that different. Well actually mine is a little more defensive (maybe that's where I'm going wrong!).

I actually play quite open tbh when we start a match, and change it depending how bad my players are performing. If we are losing or I feel we can gun for a win I might risk attacking football, but if I am holding on to a lead, I usually shut up shop in the final minutes on that match...

On that note, have anyone noticed the number of offsides the opponent seems to get against you or is it just my team? I seem to think it is just because my players are too slow to get back in time to defend, because I don't like playing with offside traps! 😂

9 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

I actually play quite open tbh when we start a match, and change it depending how bad my players are performing. If we are losing or I feel we can gun for a win I might risk attacking football, but if I am holding on to a lead, I usually shut up shop in the final minutes on that match...

On that note, have anyone noticed the number of offsides the opponent seems to get against you or is it just my team? I seem to think it is just because my players are too slow to get back in time to defend, because I don't like playing with offside traps! 😂

I start open sometimes, defensive others depending on the opposition and then adjust during the game. Not much is working though... No big problems with offsides, but I have noticed that if I use WBs then they are too slow to get back and goals leak that way...

52 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

I'm not sacked yet, but getting close. When I get in front, they come back and snatch a late win. When I'm doing alright but can't score, they'll bang in a couple out of nowhere... This is tough..

This! So frustrating 😂

I'm glad I'm not the only struggling one lol...I had nightmares of everyone getting something like 200 plus points and there is one miserable me who has 50 points 😂

3 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

I'm glad I'm not the only struggling one lol...I had nightmares of everyone getting something like 200 plus points and there is one miserable me who has 50 points 😂

50 points?!!! 😳 

Are you actually serious?

8 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

50 points?!!! 😳 

Are you actually serious?

Oops, I meant me with 999 points 😉

On a more serious note though, 50 points seemed likely initially, but as I play on, it gets harder and harder to win, so probably not. 50 was a tad too generous I think ;) 

Edited by chewkaiwen

End of the day, the match engine is so dependant on pace that once those physicals drop down there’s nothing ideally you can do but pray! I won’t lie, I had a nightmare this round and I’m probably eliminated by now! 50 points though? 😂

5 hours ago, Woody said:

😂😂😂 it is bloody hard to be fair...at this point im glad i wasnt able to submit last round. 

Everyone says the fire is hot. Lets see how hot it is. <Jumps in fire>. Oh yeah, it is hot. 😂😂😂

Glad I've finished the season. The last 3-4 months was a torture, winning matches was almost impossible, and I nearly got sacked in that period...you know opponents don't respect you anymore when top teams field a reserve lineup against you and still win 2-0 or 3-0! 😕

55 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

Glad I've finished the season. The last 3-4 months was a torture, winning matches was almost impossible, and I nearly got sacked in that period...you know opponents don't respect you anymore when top teams field a reserve lineup against you and still win 2-0 or 3-0! 😕

Yet to face that tricky period. I'm at the end of Jan. Was almost sacked earlier, fought back, but insecure again. In the last game, one of my 3 wildcards got a 1 month injury... Reckon I'll make it through? 😰

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Yet to face that tricky period. I'm at the end of Jan. Was almost sacked earlier, fought back, but insecure again. In the last game, one of my 3 wildcards got a 1 month injury... Reckon I'll make it through? 😰

One of my wildcards broke his leg!! Count yourself lucky 😂

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

One of my wildcards broke his leg!! Count yourself lucky 😂

Given how the wildcards are literally your only lifeline, that must have been painful 😂😂😂

I have to say, sitting back and watching you guys suffering doing this round has been amusing. Obviously I’d love to have joined you in it (although for some reason the rules-confusing Woody seems to have given it a go - the nutter).

A cracking challenge this one!

30 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Deadline day tomorrow so how is everyone feeling about there chances of making the semi finals?

How did your attempt go @Woody?

Not feeling confident at all! 😟 I won’t be surprised if I’ve got the lowest score of the round to be honest! 😂

44 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Deadline day tomorrow so how is everyone feeling about there chances of making the semi finals?

Not sure to be honest, its a rather difficult challenge and I’m not sure how I did compared to the rest! Theres always the feeling that you could have done a lot better.

23 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Not feeling confident at all! 😟 I won’t be surprised if I’ve got the lowest score of the round to be honest! 😂

Thats weird as I'm not confident either and both can't be right!

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Will let you know when ive finished dude.  Its bloody hard though.