Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

I'm just looking forward to the reveal now. As others have said I think it is hard to know what a good score is but I will be shocked if anyone scores much more then 20pts tbh.

20! 😳😳 

IMO 10-15 would be a very very good score. Much more than 20 would be out of this world!

12 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I'm just looking forward to the reveal now. As others have said I think it is hard to know what a good score is but I will be shocked if anyone scores much more then 20pts tbh.

🍵🍵🍵

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Never underestimate the power of a hot beverage!

Does it grant super powers? My tea doesn’t help me at all and I drink loads of it.

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

Does it grant super powers? My tea doesn’t help me at all and I drink loads of it.

Says the strikerless king! Who we all now know is fuelled by tea 🍵 

5 minutes ago, PilgrimAsh said:

Says the strikerless king! Who we all now know is fuelled by tea 🍵 

With a hint of somethin somethin 😉

6 hours ago, Damilare said:

Results in already🍵🍵🍵

Then I'm doomed! My one chance was for you to spend too much time drinking the hot beverages and not enough time playing and to not submit! 😄

6 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Then I'm doomed! My one chance was for you to spend too much time drinking the hot beverages and not enough time playing and to not submit! 😄

Why won't I submit?...I could be late due to drinking and playing which leads to dozzing off 😴😴 in the middle of 2-0 lead and wakes up to see a 2-3 defeat...just roughed through till the end but enjoyed a carabao cup journey by making it to the final... @samhardy would expose the few success and more failures himself when he releases the results... Shaqiri😆😊😯.....

1 minute ago, Damilare said:

Why won't I submit?...

Always assumed you would, but that was my only hope! 😂

2 minutes ago, Damilare said:

I could be late due to drinking and playing which leads to dozzing off 😴😴 in the middle of 2-0 lead and wakes up to see a 2-3 defeat

Hate that!! 🙁

2 minutes ago, Damilare said:

enjoyed a carabao cup journey by making it to the final...

Wow, you must have done really well compared to me...  Anyway, good stuff mate, can't wait to see the results. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Thats impressive! Who did you play on the way to the final?

I remember Huddersfield 2-1 in quarter final,man city home and away( 3-1 at home and 1-0 away) in semi final and Tottenham thrashed me 4-1 in the final... We were on form between the quarter final and semi final matches but lost the form before the final in February...

Edited by Damilare
25 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Results will be up tomorrow morning. Definitely a few spicy ones in there.

@Woodygets through in spite of already being eliminated. @Woody is always guaranteed a semi after all.

I genuinely cannot wait to see these scores. It’ll be fascinating. What is everyone’s predictions?

20 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

@Woodygets through in spite of already being eliminated. @Woody is always guaranteed a semi after all.

I genuinely cannot wait to see these scores. It’ll be fascinating. What is everyone’s predictions?

As you know Rob...i sometimes 'come' second 😉

Challenge Cup XII - Q/F Results

Into the results post we go and this past week has seen 8 competitors battle it out in a tough challenge or one that most people found tough anyway. Let's get straight into the results and I can promise you there are some "interesting" ones!

Foxy v Nucleus

Spoiler

One of the honest sorry I mean closest ties of the round to get stuck into first, let's have a comparison to see how both got on.

Foxy chose to take Stoke as his team whereas Nucleus plumped for West Brom. Unfortunately this choice didn't pay off for either as both didn't last the season, in fact 5/8 managers didn't last the season in this round, but who made the most of the time they had at the club?

Well, Nucleus was sacked in April and Foxy didn't even make February, so surely that makes the Welshman the favourite? :O

League Points

F - 18; N - 19

So close but in a shorter period of time Foxy was only one point short so it's looking good for him all of a sudden now!

GD

F - -17; N - - 52

A huge negative goal difference means without even having to look at the cups means Foxy progresses to the semi finals poor him. As it happens Nucleus did better in the cups but the damage was already done, he finishes in the minuses but Foxy manages an impressive positive score!

Foxy 4

Nucleus -24

ManLikeRobbieBrady v PriZe

Spoiler

What a match this promised to be with the FMM God going in to battle and then throw in PriZe as well and there should be some great drama here!

Like the majority in this challenge PriZe went for Stoke and unfortunately didn't make the end of the season. A good effort whilst he was there though took him to March and his 25 league points coupled with a respectable -23 GD has in a guaranteed positive score for the round. Add three cup rounds passed to the mix and his score of 11, the highest so far, will surely be tough to beat for MLRB.

So, three great managers, all within the top 5 of the rankings, have racked up -9 points between them, let's take a look to see MLRB's total to see if he could improve on that.

Spoiler

ManLikeRobbieBrady - 40

:O

Yes that's right, this FMM master adds another monumental score to his collection, not only seeing out the season but finishing with 38 points and an incredible -7 GD for this challenge. After qualifying there were questions asked about whether he could keep this up and I think it's safe to say no-one at all will be asking questions about this performance.

ManLikeRobbieBrady - 40

PriZe - 11

chewkaiwen v samhardy

Spoiler

I struggled to get into this challenge after seeing how quickly my players' attributes dropped, especially their physicals under no training. Again my selection of team was Stoke and unfortunately I also didn't manage to reach the end of the season but made a valiant attempt in doing so.

When Kurt Zouma one of my wildcards did his ACL in November it kind of summed up my attempt which ended in February, it ended with me matching PriZe's total of 11 after notching 24 points in the league with a -16 GD and unfortunately only one cup round passed.

So after that insane score from MLRB it seems we're back in the postcode of Sensible Street but I'm feeling another road trip coming on soon so let's delve into Chewy's results.

Spoiler

Chewy notched up an insane 50 points in this challenge to not only blow us mere mortals out of the water but even the now former FMM royalty MLRB out of his slightly bigger area of water.

He secured a remarkable, some would say almost impossible 45 league points with this bunch of slow, unfit, weak pensioners and finished nicely in mid table. A -16 GD which is a bit of blip for him but he's already smashed me by this point and sent the reigning CC champion packing in the Quarters.

As if these results weren't impressive enough he added 7 cup rounds to his score which is another 21 points, I'm not sure how far he got in either but I'm sure he'll let us all know how far he got like it matters now anyway but I'm guessing a nice :trophy: made its way into the cabinet.

chewkaiwen - 50

samhardy - 11

And finally...

Damilare v scratch99

Spoiler

The last match saw Group B winner Damilare take on the runner up from Group D in Scratch. Let's take a closer look at how both got on in this challenge starting with the Aussie.

In what seems to be a pattern now amongst the mere mortals, Scratch went for Stoke and sadly didn't last the season but maybe he could still put in a decent score; let's take a look.

He was fired in February with 24 league points and a -27 GD, so that's -3 at this point but throw a few cup rounds in there and that could still be a decent score!

And that's exactly what he did, passing 3 cup rounds to give him a score of 6 which is nothing to be sniffed at in this challenge. Unfortunately for him, as I'm sure most of the viewers are expecting by now we've kept the "best" till last and Mr Hot Substance notched the highest score of the round, yes that's right the highest score of the round. Just going to say that again in case you didn't catch it - The highest score of the round.

Turns out not even 50 points is enough in this challenge these days. 50 was still unbelievable though so surely he must have only beat it by a few points...

Spoiler

So, was his score somewhere in the 50's?

No.

Ok, well he must have had a once in a lifetime season, for the second round running. The 60's then?

Absolutely fucking not.

No need to swear. Must be the 70's then.

No chance.

Having my life now!! What about the 80's?!

No, again. I'll put you out of your misery. Damilare scored 93.

93 as in ninety three? N-I-N-E-T-Y T-H-R-E-E?

Yes. Like you I'm taken aback so let's just let the screenshots do the talking. Cba with all that colour coding for the scoreline as Damilare is clearly from another planet FMM wise so Damilare 93-6 scratch99 and all that.

Screenshot_2018-09-16-17-09-35.png

Screenshot_2018-09-16-17-10-21.png

Achieved with players like this...

Screenshot_2018-09-16-17-16-17.png

He still has his doubts though...

F6E6C6BB-76FB-44FD-AB39-DF4090FC8E6B.png

Thanks @samhardy! Will share a bit about how I achieved that slightly later on, to be honest the cup was a bit of luck as you will see soon and I honestly feel the rest was just due to which players I chose to keep at the club!

Congrats Foxy, if I’d have been sacked sooner it would have been a different story...maybe 😅 all the best in the semi finals against whoever. You’re fucked either way 

@scratch99 you should be proud of the score you produced mate! Superb attempt, but how do you beat someone who produces these imaginary scores is beyond me! @samhardy @anfieldsquirrel Thanks for putting so much time and effort into hosting the event and creating the challenges, I know myself how hard and TIME CONSUMING it all is. 

A crying shame this

I did give this a go....got sacked in feb on 26pts. -12 gd did bugger all in the cups but Crouchy did scire 15 goals 😂😂

A cracking challenge @samhardy and @anfieldsquirrel. Unlucky to those who were eliminated, those scores were good considering how hard this was.