Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

9 minutes ago, BenDTner said:

Really enjoying the challenges recently as I am doing ok with my 1k challenge as well 

for this one I feel that gd is everything so my oldies are parking the bus and sending long balls to eto and shaqiri

Its a shame @samhardy went pure evil and made it a no training challenge. Love it though.

3 hours ago, Woody said:

Its a shame @samhardy went pure evil and made it a no training challenge. Love it though.

I realised something when playing my MLS save....it seems the no training has been brought over to the other saves as well? 

4 minutes ago, chewkaiwen said:

I realised something when playing my MLS save....it seems the no training has been brought over to the other saves as well? 

If you change your training...ive noticed it changes over to other saves too. Not all the time though.

Just now, Woody said:

If you change your training...ive noticed it changes over to other saves too. Not all the time though.

The inconsistency of it drives me mental! 

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Thankfully it didn’t affect my MLS save too much, should have been more observant instead of checking training once every in game season!

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

The inconsistency of it drives me mental! 

Same mate.

1 minute ago, chewkaiwen said:

Thankfully it didn’t affect my MLS save too much, should have been more observant instead of checking training once every in game season!

Just one of those things mate.

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

I’ve found if you start a new game it retains it - never has it flow through to other ‘live’ games.

1 minute ago, Rob2017 said:

I’ve found if you start a new game it retains it - never has it flow through to other ‘live’ games.

It seems to stick for one new save, if you start another it defaults I think I noticed, I can't say I've seen it "save jump" before but I always use the same settings so it's not something I'd notice. 

If I load up the game from scratch and start a new save it will be the default training regimes. But if I back out to the main menu from a current save and then start a new game it would carry over the training regime from the save I’ve just exited. If that makes any sense 😝

Well I just got a save jump :(

Its a small error though, I’m not mad at it. I’ll rather they improve the training system to make it more relevant to players than solve a small bug tbh

Hey guys,

I have attempted the quarter final challenge but this time with westbrom although I rushed it but still had an impressive season..

It's normal to receive words of doubt about the first result because it was looking "Not real" at all but I hope this new one would clear the doubts..

This is how we performed in the leagueIMG-20180919-WA0005.jpg.3c52e84aa1047ddb8b9456d68a9ff097.jpg

This is my oldies team...IMG-20180919-WA0002.jpg.18fde9ebd105b9d7aa4498181796795c.jpg

My wildcards were Rondon,chadli and Rodriguez (suffering a 2 months injury at the time of screenshot)....

Player's stat in terms of appearances...IMG-20180919-WA0006.jpg.84206a7a885fadfbb426aa40b4ddf432.jpg

Attributes and progress of 3 oldies...

willy cabelleroIMG-20180919-WA0000.jpg.163ebdecb64fcd81b1c40afbcc3a3c58.jpgIMG-20180919-WA0001.jpg.170642c89da595a22a14569bb5ae50b7.jpg

Patrice EvraIMG-20180919-WA0007.jpg.13c8606390ed4c8ae71d2320a98f910e.jpgIMG-20180919-WA0009.jpg.a2fc00103a413ac1d3581971204d2cd2.jpg

Leonardo ponzioIMG-20180919-WA0010.jpg.160fbc8cecf012d1b6143c68b08cab54.jpgIMG-20180919-WA0004.jpg.c035a4cffbec871f800967b907a47d7e.jpg

Manager profileIMG-20180919-WA0008.jpg.ce7379a1513e8304964154704559e4f8.jpg

Manager HistoryIMG-20180919-WA0003.jpg.e0d74ccdfbd83abc964f5458af494178.jpg

Thanks for reading 💪💪

1 hour ago, Damilare said:

Hey guys,

I have attempted the quarter final challenge but this time with westbrom although I rushed it but still had an impressive season..

It's normal to receive words of doubt about the first result because it was looking "Not real" at all but I hope this new one would clear the doubts..

This is how we performed in the leagueIMG-20180919-WA0005.jpg.3c52e84aa1047ddb8b9456d68a9ff097.jpg

This is my oldies team...IMG-20180919-WA0002.jpg.18fde9ebd105b9d7aa4498181796795c.jpg

My wildcards were Rondon,chadli and Rodriguez (suffering a 2 months injury at the time of screenshot)....

Player's stat in terms of appearances...IMG-20180919-WA0006.jpg.84206a7a885fadfbb426aa40b4ddf432.jpg

Attributes and progress of 3 oldies...

willy cabelleroIMG-20180919-WA0000.jpg.163ebdecb64fcd81b1c40afbcc3a3c58.jpgIMG-20180919-WA0001.jpg.170642c89da595a22a14569bb5ae50b7.jpg

Patrice EvraIMG-20180919-WA0007.jpg.13c8606390ed4c8ae71d2320a98f910e.jpgIMG-20180919-WA0009.jpg.a2fc00103a413ac1d3581971204d2cd2.jpg

Leonardo ponzioIMG-20180919-WA0010.jpg.160fbc8cecf012d1b6143c68b08cab54.jpgIMG-20180919-WA0004.jpg.c035a4cffbec871f800967b907a47d7e.jpg

Manager profileIMG-20180919-WA0008.jpg.ce7379a1513e8304964154704559e4f8.jpg

Manager HistoryIMG-20180919-WA0003.jpg.e0d74ccdfbd83abc964f5458af494178.jpg

Thanks for reading 💪💪

Challenge point total

League points - 61 + 4 GD = 65

Cup rounds passed - 6 = 18

Total points = 83

33 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Here is the semi final draw presented on an absolute corker of a graphic from @Foxy.

Finals tree.png

The only shot at goal he ever had and it ended up in the car park 😂 😉

Challenge Cup XII - Semi Final challenge

pt-flag.jpg

That is indeed a Portuguese flag and a rather big one looking back at it. Therefore it doesn't take Einstein to realise that's where we're heading for this challenge!

Reserve squads are an important part of this challenge, and when narrowing it down there was only a few countries with active reserve squads and since we've already had Spain, Portugal it is this time round as 4 managers battle it out for a place in the final.

The Challenge

For the first time in this CC you'll be able to choose which team you take charge of however this team must be playing in the Portuguese leagues. After you've chosen your team:

• You must tear the first team squad apart completely. Every player in that squad must be removed, sold, whatever and never able to play any matches.
  • After you've done this you must build a new starting XI, however only with free agents. Buy 11 free agents which makes up your new team.
  • The rest of the squad must be filled up with players from your chosen team's reserve squad. If you've picked wisely there should be a decent amount of "talent" to choose from

Bonus Points

So far goals have been the name of the game however this time round you'll have to master the art of keeping them out. 3 bonus points will come your way for every clean sheet you register in the season.

So: League points +/- Goal difference + 3 points for every clean sheet.I

Deadline - Wednesday 26th September 11:59PM BST

Clarifications

• Take charge of any team in Portugal.
  • Any SI approved database.
  • No other transfers in apart from your 11 free ones. Selling players is fine.
  • No "greyed out" players allowed.
  • European games do NOT count. Domestic games only.
  • Different tie break this round - Clean sheets first followed by league points.
  • Please use an existing PM when submitting results in order to save space.

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and anfieldsquirrel included in it.
  • Have fun!

Screenshots required

• Manager profile
  • Season history screen
  • Full fixture list
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Transfers page

17 minutes ago, samhardy said:

pt-flag.jpg

That is indeed a Portuguese flag and a rather big one looking back at it. Therefore it doesn't take Einstein to realise that's where we're heading for this challenge!

Reserve squads are an important part of this challenge, and when narrowing it down there was only a few countries with active reserve squads and since we've already had Spain, Portugal it is this time round as 4 managers battle it out for a place in the final.

The Challenge

For the first time in this CC you'll be able to choose which team you take charge of however this team must be playing in the Portuguese leagues. After you've chosen your team:

• You must tear the first team squad apart completely. Every player in that squad must be removed, sold, whatever and never able to play any matches.
  • After you've done this you must build a new starting XI, however only with free agents. Buy 11 free agents which makes up your new team.
  • The rest of the squad must be filled up with players from your chosen team's reserve squad. If you've picked wisely there should be a decent amount of "talent" to choose from

Bonus Points

So far goals have been the name of the game however this time round you'll have to master the art of keeping them out. 3 bonus points will come your way for every clean sheet you register in the season.

Clarifications

• Different tie break this round - Clean sheets first followed by league points.

Reveal hidden contents
  • To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and anfieldsquirrel included in it.
  • Have fun!

Screenshots required

• Manager profile
  • Season history screen
  • Full fixture list
  • Transfers page

Good luck everyone...

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

pt-flag.jpg

The Challenge

Bonus Points

Clarifications

• No "greyed out" players allowed.

Reveal hidden contents
  • Own tactics only.
  • Have fun!

Screenshots required

• Manager profile
  • Season history screen
  • Full fixture list
  • Transfers page

This challenge is nothing for the FMM gods left in the CC

Spoiler

Good luck to the only mortal left in the CC ;)