Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

With the start of this year's Challenge Cup now less than 48 hours away it's time for the first trip to the Vibe media room to interview one of the managers battling for the crown. First to face the media this year is @Foxy and it's the return of Colin Sale with the questions as Sexy Sue is on hiatus.

Hello Foxy. Thank you for performing vibe media duties today. How are you?

I’m absolutely buzzing mate.

How would you sum up your performances in events, H2Hs, careers etc during the FMM18 lifespan?

Career wise I got screwed out of a potential DT by a bug in the game which wasn’t great, but hopefully people found my short Oxford career entertaining and then I think it is fair to say my Teutonic Treble went pretty well.

In events I think I matched my expectation in the VPL by getting into the semi’s and then the Olympics wasn’t so good with that double injury in the Strikerless challenge costing me big time. I have had one H2H this year and got royally smashed by @PriZe.

All in all I have loved every minute of it well nearly every minute.

Onto the more important stuff now. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Did you enjoy it?

I had three Weetabix and a cup of tea so strong you could stand the spoon up in it.

Rating out of 10?

It was Ok and the good strong tea really boosted it but how high can I score Weetabix really?

6/10

You were originally meant to be taking part in the qualifying round but due to unfortunate circumstances Taff has had to pull out. How relieved are you to be avoiding qualifying?

I was gutted that @Taff had to pull out as he always brings a lot of fun to these events but if anyone was going to profit from his withdrawal I’m glad it was me. There are some very strong competitors in the qualifying round when you consider we have 2 of the Olympic medallists this year in there and if the rumours are true @anfieldsquirrel as well. Saying that I’m pretty confident I would have made it through.

Do you believe you can go all the way in this competition?

I have to believe I can win it otherwise why bother entering but realistically the three higher ranked guys than me will take a hell of a lot of beating. As the 4thhighest ranked participant I am aiming for the semi’s first and then we will see from there.  

What is your go to karaoke song?

Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones

Have you ever eaten a tin of salmon spread?

No I avoid all tinned fish products as much as I can.

Who do you consider the favourites to win the tournament?

As I said above I think it will be one of @PriZe, @samhardy or @Nucleus that will win it as the first two have a lot of experience and Nuke has been smashing it all year.

Who are you backing to take pole position in qualifying?

I guess it depend on the challenge but I expect @Rob2017 will go well and the same with @scratch99 and @Titjes showed good form in the VWC a few weeks ago. Then it also depends how @anfieldsquirrel comes back from his break away.

I will say Rob will live up to his Olympic gold medal billing and be the best qualifier.

BatiGoal or BettyGoal?

I hear that Betty makes a mean Thai green curry so I will follow my stomach.

Can you give us a couple of bold predictions about what might happen in this CC?

I don’t think it could get much bolder than my belief that everyone will submit there scores every week.

Like many people this is your debut in the Challenge Cup? How much are you looking forward to getting underway?

I can’t wait. I watched from a far last year as I missed the entry period so I am really eager to be involved in what must be the sporting event of the year.

And finally, the most important question of the lot which everyone has to answer every year. Who do you consider the biggest muppet in the competition?

That is a tough one as looking through the list of entries I see Muppet after Muppet but I think I will go with the guy that said this.

image.png

Thank you everyone for joining us today and we'll return next week to interview the qualifying champion whoever he is.

Colin?!?! Colin?!?! I haven't seen you in five years then you just come waltzing out here as a reporter?! I know for the first 18 years of your life I was too busy managing the mighty Rangers to world domination and that I didn't know you existed until you turned up for training but a "hey dad" would have been nice! I turned you into a Rangers legend alongside the great Callum Patterson yet this is how I'm repaid? Domingo Sale at least stays in touch! 

Nice to be considered a favourite 😁 cracking interview lads, with some fantastic answers in there.

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Colin?!?! Colin?!?! I haven't seen you in five years then you just come waltzing out here as a reporter?! I know for the first 18 years of your life I was too busy managing the mighty Rangers to world domination and that I didn't know you existed until you turned up for training but a "hey dad" would have been nice! I turned you into a Rangers legend alongside the great Callum Patterson yet this is how I'm repaid? Domingo Sale at least stays in touch! 

It would help if you had paid some maintenance! You can’t just expect to waltz back into his life after all those years of neglect

14 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Nice to be considered a favourite 😁 cracking interview lads, with some fantastic answers in there.

It would help if you had paid some maintenance! You can’t just expect to waltz back into his life after all those years of neglect

You don't get a 20/20 financial attribute by offering hand outs!! 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

You don't get a 20/20 financial attribute by offering hand outs!! 

It does affect loyalty though! 😂

Well Mr Diaz you should really have gone through my agent but just this once I will answer your impromtu question as Colin Sale forgot probably due to his unresolved Daddy issues.

The rumours are true and if I fail to win this CC I will revert back to @samhardy favourite version of my DP. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Well Mr Diaz you should really have gone through my agent but just this once I will answer your impromtu question as Colin Sale forgot probably due to his unresolved Daddy issues.

The rumours are true and if I fail to win this CC I will revert back to @samhardy favourite version of my DP. 

Does Sam even have a favourite DP of yours? 😮

6 hours ago, samhardy said:

With the start of this year's Challenge Cup now less than 48 hours away it's time for the first trip to the Vibe media room to interview one of the managers battling for the crown. First to face the media this year is @Foxy and it's the return of Colin Sale with the questions as Sexy Sue is on hiatus.

Hello Foxy. Thank you for performing vibe media duties today. How are you?

I’m absolutely buzzing mate.

How would you sum up your performances in events, H2Hs, careers etc during the FMM18 lifespan?

Career wise I got screwed out of a potential DT by a bug in the game which wasn’t great, but hopefully people found my short Oxford career entertaining and then I think it is fair to say my Teutonic Treble went pretty well.

In events I think I matched my expectation in the VPL by getting into the semi’s and then the Olympics wasn’t so good with that double injury in the Strikerless challenge costing me big time. I have had one H2H this year and got royally smashed by @PriZe.

All in all I have loved every minute of it well nearly every minute.

Onto the more important stuff now. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Did you enjoy it?

I had three Weetabix and a cup of tea so strong you could stand the spoon up in it.

Rating out of 10?

It was Ok and the good strong tea really boosted it but how high can I score Weetabix really?

6/10

You were originally meant to be taking part in the qualifying round but due to unfortunate circumstances Taff has had to pull out. How relieved are you to be avoiding qualifying?

I was gutted that @Taff had to pull out as he always brings a lot of fun to these events but if anyone was going to profit from his withdrawal I’m glad it was me. There are some very strong competitors in the qualifying round when you consider we have 2 of the Olympic medallists this year in there and if the rumours are true @anfieldsquirrel as well. Saying that I’m pretty confident I would have made it through.

Do you believe you can go all the way in this competition?

I have to believe I can win it otherwise why bother entering but realistically the three higher ranked guys than me will take a hell of a lot of beating. As the 4thhighest ranked participant I am aiming for the semi’s first and then we will see from there.  

What is your go to karaoke song?

Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones

Have you ever eaten a tin of salmon spread?

No I avoid all tinned fish products as much as I can.

Who do you consider the favourites to win the tournament?

As I said above I think it will be one of @PriZe, @samhardy or @Nucleus that will win it as the first two have a lot of experience and Nuke has been smashing it all year.

Who are you backing to take pole position in qualifying?

I guess it depend on the challenge but I expect @Rob2017 will go well and the same with @scratch99 and @Titjes showed good form in the VWC a few weeks ago. Then it also depends how @anfieldsquirrel comes back from his break away.

I will say Rob will live up to his Olympic gold medal billing and be the best qualifier.

BatiGoal or BettyGoal?

I hear that Betty makes a mean Thai green curry so I will follow my stomach.

Can you give us a couple of bold predictions about what might happen in this CC?

I don’t think it could get much bolder than my belief that everyone will submit there scores every week.

Like many people this is your debut in the Challenge Cup? How much are you looking forward to getting underway?

I can’t wait. I watched from a far last year as I missed the entry period so I am really eager to be involved in what must be the sporting event of the year.

And finally, the most important question of the lot which everyone has to answer every year. Who do you consider the biggest muppet in the competition?

That is a tough one as looking through the list of entries I see Muppet after Muppet but I think I will go with the guy that said this.

image.png

Thank you everyone for joining us today and we'll return next week to interview the qualifying champion whoever he is.

Interesting interview..can't wait for the competition to start... From Qualifying round,No problem,it gonna be a piece of cake...

I would have loved it to be on the OME but I guess majority always wins the vote...

Every competitor should be at alert, @Damilare is ready💪💪

On 18/08/2018 at 10:54, samhardy said:

image.png

I resent this remark....as i have stated before i have 'FAT FINGERS'!!!! 😭

Signups are now officially closed so it's time to take our traditional trip to the Vibe bookies to see what they're saying about this tournament. It comes from Sam's sizzling bet tips in association with FoxBet.

bet tips.png

Foxbet.png

PriZe - 11/10
samhardy - 3/1
Nucleus - 11/2
Foxy - 8/1
Rob2017 - 8/1
Woody - 10/1
Titjes - 12/1
chewkaiwen - 12/1
scratch99 - 12/1
Damilare - 14/1
anfieldsquirrel - 14/1
Rocket - 16/1
ManLikeRobbieBrady - 25/1
GrtepZ - 25/1
Kanegan - 33/1
Vishnu - 33/1
Laurie_King - 33/1
Dave994 - 50/1
DorMouse PrD - 50/1

3 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Better than EVS for Prize? 😮 What are the odds on Chewbacca being last to submit each round? 😂

Not even worth betting, you won’t be earning from such an bet ;) 

12 minutes ago, GrtepZ said:

Have I no odds at all of winning this competition ? 😫🤣

We'll see 😎

No idea how I missed you out as you’re on the list I have originally 😂 @Foxy‘s fault.

Your Augusta Challenge was going well so you can be a 25/1 shot ;)

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

50p:O You must have money to burn mate😉

Its my pocket money for the month but if it comes off i can buy more sweets. 

Edited by Woody

Guys, amateur start here but I’ve been super swamped with work today!

The write up is all but done...

It’ll be with you tomorrow morning - I promise!!

I just like keeping you all waiting 🤭